Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Political Discussion Please Read

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 09:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jack is going to have quite the server farm going if he doesnt already.....
Old 04-25-2006, 11:30 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
Hey Jack, maybe I am blind in one eye and can't see out of the other, but I can't see where to start a new thread on this new site. Point it out to me please.
Old 04-25-2006, 12:00 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Jack,

Interesting, I will visit, but not as often as here!!
Old 04-25-2006, 01:09 PM

Being one of those kind of people that will slow down to look at a bad car wreck .... I had to go to the politic site just to see what Jack put together.

Looks very professional and I bet it will be every bit as successful as this one. Although it was kinda funny to watch things get a little heated on the introduction thread ... and the site wasn't even online 24 hours at the time . Good ol' Herb was pulling em outta the woodwork .

Theres a time and a place for everything .... Jack provided both. Thanks again, Jack.

PISTOL
Old 04-26-2006, 05:11 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
it will be interesting to see how many can argue there and not carry it over to here in some way....
Old 04-27-2006, 05:47 AM

Way to go,Jack!!
Old 04-27-2006, 09:19 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Is the janitor gonna work over there too? It's hard 'nuff to get stuff done around here without another job for him to do. Come to think of it though, maybe it'll mean better coffee here, if he's kept busy.
Old 08-30-2006, 10:05 AM
Administrator

Hey guys. An update about alpolitics.net.

We have some more users but the site is generally slow. Either way, it seems that we have successfully moved political discussion from this site to there, and I think that's a positive thing.

All-Politics.Net is more for discussion of anything. We are working hard to make it a good place to visit without having to worry about threads being cut off etc. On this forum, since it's truck related, we like to keep it that way.

So far, the feedback we've gotten has been positive. However, I would ask that some of you who haven't been there go visit. You might like it. If you know someone who might be interested in our new site, please let them know as well. I'd like to try and get a push for more traffic over there. I think given time, it'll be a great place to visit along with DTR.

www.all-politics.net
Old 08-30-2006, 11:03 AM
P.J
Banned

Seems that it is about 95/5 (%) Conservative vs. Other, respectively.

Makes it tough to have a rational discussion with the ring leaders over there if you are perceived as even slightly liberal.

Other than that I have found it a decent place.

With elections coming up the TV, Radio and Papers are saturated with half truths, empty promises and generally tasteless political ads. People are already sick of it and can't wait for November to come and go around here so we can see what new mess they have in store for the average taxpayer.

Point being, aside from hearing others views on non- governmental current events, I think a lot of people are avoiding political conversations in the hopes of remaining somewhat sane.
Old 09-11-2006, 05:18 PM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
That's a good point. I know that I personally have gotten kind of tired of political discussion so I try to avoid it as well. Although when the elections come closer, I'll be all over it, just like last time.
Old 09-11-2006, 05:26 PM
P.J
Banned

No doubt. I only talk with one person here lately, my father in law (go figure).

We are on opposite sides of the spectrum, oddly in this day in age we are aligned on lots of things, mostly out of pure disgust for the whole system.
We have had bitter battles over dumb stuff, so much so that my wife decided neither of us were allowed to bring up current events at family get together's. He has calmed down some, me too I guess.

The allpolitics site is cool, there are some real thinkers over there.
Old 09-13-2006, 10:34 PM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm sure you'll all be happy to know that I've decided to join in on the fun over at AP. I've beeng avoiding this thread and that site for a long time now, but today I took the plunge.

Jack, once again it looks like you've done a fine job of getting another new website set up. Good work. I'm going to try to focus my efforts over there primarily on religion and probably gun rights. I may dabble in a few or the other forums but probably not too much.

We'll see what kind of trouble I can get into.
Old 09-14-2006, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Hoss
I'm sure you'll all be happy to know that I've decided to join in on the fun over at AP. .......We'll see what kind of trouble I can get into.
I sure hope the points infraction system in-place here is in-place over there too

~Rob
Old 09-21-2006, 12:21 PM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Alright...I've been trying to stir the pot over there and get some good conversations going but it's a bit on the slow side. That's it. I'm making a post!
Old 10-06-2006, 01:44 PM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Hoss... too bad I mainly am getting online now at work... DoD 'puters and politics are a big no-no
I'd argue just to see the steam coming up from Tx....

Quick Reply: Political Discussion Please Read