Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

The PLAN, By Robin Williams

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2006, 09:01 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking The PLAN, By Robin Williams

The Plan!

Robin Williams, wearing a shirt that says "I love New York" in Arabic.

You gotta love Robin Williams......
Even if he's nuts! Leave it to Robin
Williams to come up with the perfect
plan. What we need now is for our
UN Ambassador to stand up and
repeat this message.

Robin Williams' plan...(Hard to
argue with this logic!)

"I see a lot of people yelling for peace
but I have not heard of a plan for
peace. So, here's one plan."

1) "The US will apologize to the world for our "interference" in their affairs, past &present. You know, Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, Tojo, Noriega, Milosevic, Hussein, and the rest of those "good ole boys", we will never "interfere" again.

2) We will withdraw our troops from all over the world, starting with Germany, South Korea, the Middle East, and the Philippines. They don't want us there. We would station troops at our borders. No one allowed sneaking through holes in the fence.

3) All illegal aliens have 90 days to get their affairs together and leave. We'll give them a free trip home. After 90 days the remainder will be gathered up and deported immediately, regardless of whom or where they are. They're illegal!!! France will welcome them.

4) All future visitors will be thoroughly checked and limited to 90 days unless given a special permit!!!! No one from a terrorist nation will be allowed in. If you don't like it there, change it yourself and don't hide here. Asylum would never be available to anyone. We don't need

any more cab drivers or 7-11 cashiers.

5) No foreign "students" over age 21. The older ones are the bombers. If they don't attend classes, they get a "D" and it's back home baby.

6) The US will make a strong effort
to become self-sufficient energy wise. This will include developing nonpolluting sources of energy but will require a temporary drilling of oil in the Alaskan wilderness. The caribou will have to cope for a while.

7) Offer Saudi Arabia and other oil producing countries $10 a barrel for their oil. If they don't like it, we go someplace else. They can go somewhere else to sell their production. (About a week of the wells filling up the storage sites would be enough.)

8) If there is a famine or other natural catastrophe in the world, we will not "interfere." They can pray to Allah or whomever, for seeds, rain, cement or whatever they need. Besides most of what we give them is stolen or given
to the army. The people who need
it most get very little, if anything.

9) Ship the UN Headquarters to an isolated island someplace. We don't need the spies and fair weather friends here. Besides, the building would make a good homeless shelter or lockup for illegal aliens.

10) All Americans must go to charm and beauty school. That way, no one can call us "Ugly Americans" any longer. The Language we speak is ENGLISH...learn it...or LEAVE...Now, isn't that a winner of a plan?

"The Statue of Liberty is no longer
saying "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses." She's got a baseball bat and she's yelling, 'you want a piece of me?' "
Old 04-17-2006, 09:04 PM

Oops, Posted it twice. Please delete.
Old 04-17-2006, 09:09 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
was proven false, but indeed a very good plan
Old 04-17-2006, 09:21 PM

Who cares who wrote it. It still has some good ideas.
Old 04-17-2006, 10:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds like a great plan to me.

I've always like Robin Williams, did you see his HBO special? Live On Broadway. I about soiled my self from laughing so hard. I never knew he was "that kind" of comedian until I watched that.
Old 04-17-2006, 11:45 PM
Banned

I own that DVD. I'm a golfer and I laughed so hard at his golf rant.
Old 04-17-2006, 11:50 PM

"no, no, its ok, honey, ill finish!"
Old 04-18-2006, 05:30 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Snopes says "Close but no Cigar".
The whole piece was not by Robin Williams.

The Robin Williams attribution wasn't tacked on until several weeks later, apparently because along the way the eleventh entry was dropped and a genuine Robin Williams quote appended in its place:
"The Statue of Liberty is no longer saying 'Give me your poor, your tired, your huddled masses.' She's got a baseball bat and she's yelling, 'You want a piece of me?'"Robin Williams.

The 'Robin Williams' attribution for the final item was interpreted as applying to the list as a whole, so now the entire piece circulates as 'the Robin Williams plan.'
Old 04-18-2006, 09:18 AM

interesting plan...
Old 04-21-2006, 02:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Very Good Plan
Old 04-21-2006, 03:06 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Shovelhead
Snopes says "Close but no Cigar".
The whole piece was not by Robin Williams.
Figured.

I just heard an interesting tid bit on Williams yesterday on the radio. A little rumor that was popluar in the early 80's about him has been resurfacing.
Old 04-21-2006, 03:59 PM

I think that it is a great plan. Too bad those in Washington don't see it that way. No place in the plan for lobbyist and special interest groups.

Jim