Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Pit Bull attacks helpless porcupine...

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 04:09 PM
RAF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SoTexRattler
NAKED!!!!!

Now that I finally got off the floor. That was FUNNY.
Old 04-11-2007, 04:12 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That's actually pretty disgusting. I imagine an animal that didn't receive pretty immediate attention would die with that many quills.

I doubt he learned a lesson.
Old 04-11-2007, 05:02 PM
Administrator

Received 172 Likes on 130 Posts
Originally Posted by Box5
it's like they turn a switch off and there jaws lock. If u treat em good they'll be the best companion though.....

LOL, Ive got a Pit/mix and you couldnt have said it better. She is the most LOVING thing you ever saw, but let her see a Cat, and theres almost no stopping her, the Terminator would be proud.

The only good thing is she still realizes who is boss...........so far.
Old 04-11-2007, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Thats some funny stuff right there

it wouldnt be too funny if it was your dog!!!!
Old 04-11-2007, 05:12 PM
wap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by P.J
That's actually pretty disgusting. I imagine an animal that didn't receive pretty immediate attention would die with that many quills.

I doubt he learned a lesson.
I agree, I highley doubt the dog learned its lesson.
Old 04-11-2007, 05:22 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by bigredBCS
it wouldnt be too funny if it was your dog!!!!
I have a Black Lab, he is too smart to keep going back for more of that stuff

In fact he is using my lap top now, probably looking at Puppy **** so I will need to wash the nose prints off the screen again
Old 04-11-2007, 05:33 PM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Originally Posted by SoTexRattler
NAKED!!!!!
actually the email I got those pics and the story in was titled, "there's a naked porcupine out there"
Old 04-11-2007, 06:13 PM

Number one:

That is a bull terrier not an Am. Pit Bull. Bull terriers are about a billion times more hard-headed/persistent than a pit bull when they decide to go after something. (Those pictures have been floating around the net for a few years.)

Number two:

I'm not picking on anyone but this is something that seriously gets to me.

our pitbull locked on our german shepard once fighting over a toy, and there was no way to get it off. it's like they turn a switch off and there jaws lock. If u treat em good they'll be the best companion though.....
Ignorant comments like that are exactly why pit bulls are no longer allowed in the City of Miami and are being banned in many other cities.

Pit bulls DO NOT have "locking jaws!!!!" They are a very tenactious breed thus the responsibility of knowing how to control the animal lies upon the owner. Owning any large dog is a great responsibility but pit bulls require a greater knowledge.

I currently own my second pit and my cousin has owned 5 pit bulls. Neither my cousin nor myself have ever had a single problem with any of our dogs attacking something and not being able to get them to stop. Last summer my dog cornered a ground hog. When she got ahold of it, it bit her on the lip, but she refused to give up. However as soon as I said "Release! Drop it!" she let go of the ground hog and backed off. She kept it cornered but didn't attack again.

My cousin and I have put countless hours into researching, choosing and training our dogs. We chose dogs that did not show aggressive temperments and after bringing them home we spent as much time as we possibly could training them. However, there is always the chance that my dog could be provoked to the point that she won't listen to me. This is why whenever my dog is out of the house I am right by her side and in my back pocket there is a hard plastic wedge, a breaking stick. If she will not release on command I can use the breaking stick to force her to release. But I am happy to say I have never needed a breaking stick.

Pit bulls are some of the most loyal, loving canine companions one will ever find but you have to know the dog and the dog must respect you. I simply wish everyone would do some research before dismissing an entire breed simply because of its bad reputation. Sorry bout the rant...
Old 04-11-2007, 06:27 PM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Come on guys, play nice!
this was posted simply in humor as I am sure all the responses are.. lets keep it that way, please?
Old 04-11-2007, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Chrisreyn
Come on guys, play nice!
this was posted simply in humor as I am sure all the responses are.. lets keep it that way, please?
As I said in my first post, I am not insulting, attacking or attempting or offend anyone.

But the whole "pitbulls are vicious killers" issue gets under my skin in a bad way. I take a rather hard stance on this issue because I know that hundreds of thousands of sweet, loving dogs are euthanized each year because people are scared to adopt them. Pit bulls are stereotyped as a bad breed simply because the general public is uneducated. There is some great information about pit bulls on the Pit Bull Rescue Central Website.

Again I am not out to hurt anyone's feelings. I see the humor in those pictures (although I feel for the dog and her owner). I just wish everyone would take some time to do some research on pit bull type breeds...
Old 04-11-2007, 07:29 PM

I can see why Pit Bulls are banned by many municipalities nationwide.
First they are the dog that most thug types desire...
With that comes an owner who doesnt usually treat the dog well or take care of it for that matter.
Many of the dogs are trained to attack and of course they get labeled as a vicious animal.

The argument of "blame the owner" only goes so far. The blame the owner thing can work in the gun control argument but not totally in the pit bull argument because a gun cannot just pull its own trigger.....a pit bull can and its gun is a large pair of jaws full of teeth.

When you have a local populus that doesnt care for human safety and chooses to let a dog like this run wild then of course local government has a right and a responsibility to step in and deal with the problem.
You can put all the owners you want in jail but at the end of the day a pit bull is still a pit bull a liability to say the least.
Old 04-11-2007, 07:32 PM
DTR question asker

Ignorant comments like that are exactly why pit bulls are no longer allowed in the City of Miami and are being banned in many other cities.
Posts that direct ignorant words at people will only result in even more ignorant flame wars.

/me steps back, grabs the fire extinguisher and starts running for the datacenter this server is located in .

Anyway, I'm glad to see that the dog is ok, god that looks painful. I doubt the porcupine (sp??) made it out as well though.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:24 PM

Courtesy of Merriam-Webster's Online Dictionary:

Main Entry: ig·no·rant
Function: adjective
1: destitute of knowledge or education
2: lacking knowledge or comprehension of the thing specified
3: resulting from or showing lack of knowledge

Maybe ignorant was the wrong word to use but I was simply referring to the general lack of knowledge about pit bulls within the general public.

With that I suggest we dismiss my previous posts before this thread gets locked. 6, Out...
Old 04-11-2007, 08:31 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Mopar440_6
our pitbull locked on our german shepard once fighting over a toy, and there was no way to get it off. it's like they turn a switch off and there jaws lock. If u treat em good they'll be the best companion though.....

no one said pitts are killers...you took it the wrong way...

that being said, yes that looks pain-ful
Old 04-11-2007, 08:34 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by fbx22
the helpless porcupine I bet that dog wont mess with any small animal that even looks remotely close to a porcupine

Glad he was ok though
I bet you can run him out of town with a hair brush after that

Quick Reply: Pit Bull attacks helpless porcupine...