Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

The piston knocking import eating Breakroom [Or dragons den]10/23/11-10/30/11

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 09:47 AM
Muted one day, Banned the next....... Ah the life of a DTR 1%'er

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
Cincy, we will talk softly for you.....
There's a good story behind it.. This weekend I'm in a wedding and the bride apparently wants to have a "flash mob" involving the wedding party during the reception. Me being one that does not like to draw attention to myself, needed the liquid encouragement in order to practice. I've drawn the conclusion that half a bottle may be a little too much encouragement. Now if I could just remember the stupid moves
Old 10-24-2011, 10:07 AM

Received 453 Likes on 344 Posts
Originally Posted by cincydiesel
There's a good story behind it.. This weekend I'm in a wedding and the bride apparently wants to have a "flash mob" involving the wedding party during the reception. Me being one that does not like to draw attention to myself, needed the liquid encouragement in order to practice. I've drawn the conclusion that half a bottle may be a little too much encouragement. Now if I could just remember the stupid moves
Old 10-24-2011, 10:53 AM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
morning girl, what's on your plate this week?

Not much today, soccer game tonight.

Apparently the snit is back. This week feels lame already.
Old 10-24-2011, 11:36 AM
Old Mopar Aficionado Extraordinaire

And lame it is

Rushing me back to have another melonoma removed. Getting tired of this. Each session is $22,000.

And that explains why I get weird at times. It's not the drugs, it's the caugh syrup.
Old 10-24-2011, 11:45 AM

Polaraco, best of luck. Hang in there.
Old 10-24-2011, 11:52 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
uh oh George.....

my Aussie camel jockey friend blew the repaired knee surgery for 'just doing a few needed things'........

Topper, if your legggs were arms, they'd SLAP you! easy sir, eaaaaassssy.

share Cincy's fifth....
Yeah I knowwwwwww......but we already had our first snow and it is not uncommon for the snow to hit here in late October and stay till Spring. Roof was leaking and I had to stop it before the ceiling dropped on my bed....sometimes a man has to do what a man has to do.....

The roofing company that did my roof years ago only put a handful of nails on a 20' section of ridge vent and they were all pulled loose. The wind on this mountain top gets pretty wicked and I really don't know why the ridge vents were still up there at all? They are solid now with ring shank nails with neoprene washers to seal them up tight.

I will probably replace the Aluminum ones with the roll out style next summer that you cover with shingles but it is too cold for the asphalt shingles to stick down properly this time of year plus I don't really want to go back up there for now
Old 10-24-2011, 01:00 PM
DTR Mom

Originally Posted by Shorts
Not much today, soccer game tonight.

Apparently the snit is back. This week feels lame already.
not a nice way to speak of DH.....snicker snicker
here honey, chicken soup for you.....

made a breakfast sandwich to go for son, actually played suzie homemaker and sewed a pile at the sewing machine. feel all ladylike now...

Topper, yup good thought. we used the torx screws with nylon washers for ours....metal roofing. one stupid facia panel to mess with, no ladder access.
call if you need the SWAT team (So Where Are They?! all those who said they'd help but are AWOL..)

Cincy, drink the same amount- those moves will be fine. har har kidding pal.

I miss t raddy....the Southerner lost in Colorado.... like a Yankee lost in King Arthur's court....maybe he's stuck at a waffle house.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:40 PM

lol yeah, probably not

I found something that made me laugh a little bit. Before I paste it lemme recount the last hour and a half. Went out to get a couple errands done. First went to Discount Tire to get my tires back up to psi (no comp here ). Stood in line for 10min. No biggie I say I got a little time. Got to the counter, told the guy what I needed, he says Sure, pull into bay 1 and we'll get it done. Walk out, start the truck, put it in D. All I had to do was drive straight forward into the bay. But before I could hit the go pedal some old cow in her ugly maroon Lexus swooped in to bay 1. She proceeded to get out, walk around and do who knows what else. But it took her 10 minutes to get air. I sure am tired of waiting. I finally get to pull in, the cute tire guy helps me out. I tell him the psi I'd like and he says he likes a woman who knows what psi she wants. teehee...thinks me. Finish up, pull out and head to Academy. I need some bike shorts to go under my soccer shorts. Soccer is a family sport and there's lots of legs flying and all that.

Pull in to Academy, walk in, go find y shorts. Amazing. They finally have them. Apparently in our area every woman's butt is my size medium. There are never any mediums on the rack. But today...alright! This good. This is better. Walk up to the line at the counter. One lady in front of me with one item. Awesome, I'll be out in no time and can go get lunch. Wrong. Some rude cow with ugly blue Academy shirt just cuts in front of me and places a pile of items from a customer. Her "register shut down" so she's just feeling free to cut right in front of me to take care of the returns. There wasn't even an "excuse me". Wow. If it wouldn't make a scene I'd make a scene to display my displeasure. Is this how today is going to go? People will keep stepping in front of me? Today will suck. I will be inconvenienced all day today. I will want to blow up and get really angry. I got a soccer game tonight. I wonder how the soccer game will go if the trend today is to walk all over Shorts. Ohhhboy.

So, it finally my turn to check out. One item. the tage says 19.99. "Ok ma'am your total is 27.09". .....Ehh? I thought the tag said 19.99? "Oh, yes it does. Sorry about that. Total is 21.64". Ok.

I make it out to the truck, manage to not get run over, only because I glared at the driver with the "if you hit me you better put me down clean because I will get up and kick yer @$$!". Got to Chik-Fil-A then made it home. Where I sit now.

I checked out my FB and found this posted by a friend. Thanks Gary I needed that:

Subject: Finish what you start ..

Ever heard that old adage, finish what you start? Sometimes it’s a really good idea, helps bring some calm to the storm.. I'm passing this on because it worked for me today.

A Dr. on TV said to have inner peace we should always finish things we start & we all could use more calm in our lives. I looked around my house to find things I'd started & hadn't finished, so I finished off a bottle of Merlot, a bottle of Chardonnay, a bodle of Baileys, a butle of wum, tha mainder of Valiuminun scriptins, an a box a chocletz. Yu haf no idr how fablus I feel rite now.
Sned this to all who need inner p!ss. An telum u luvem
Old 10-24-2011, 02:29 PM
I grad-u-ated frum Claudes skool of tpying....

when my gf has days like i have found its in my best intrest to wait on her hand and foot....[plus i get brownie points
Old 10-24-2011, 02:29 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Steps in front of Shorts and leads the way yelling "Make an Isle and Make it BIG!...Coming through here!
Old 10-24-2011, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Steps in front of Shorts and leads the way yelling "Make an Isle and Make it BIG!...Coming through here!
Scuze me please. Lady with a baby.

Shorts! Medium butt? TMI
Old 10-24-2011, 05:39 PM

Rushing me back to have another melonoma removed.

Now you know why your only supposed to come out at night.Make sure the white coat has their act together,all the best!
Old 10-24-2011, 08:11 PM
Muted one day, Banned the next....... Ah the life of a DTR 1%'er

Originally Posted by Polaraco
And lame it is

Rushing me back to have another melonoma removed. Getting tired of this. Each session is $22,000.

And that explains why I get weird at times. It's not the drugs, it's the caugh syrup.
Holly smokes buddy, I hope everything works out alright.
Old 10-24-2011, 08:30 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Hvytrkmech
Mmmm enjoying another cup of phoo straight out of the Kurig, surprisingly enough my wrist is straight enough to hold the coffee cup without spilling any.
That's because ALL of you is tilted...

Originally Posted by cincydiesel
Either one, both of them are bigger than me. Though I'm pretty sure I can outrun Blake if need be..

Morning heathens.. Recovering from the half of fifth of Wild Turkey American Honey
Just how big a boy are you? Bla is about 195 dressed these days... Good choice...
Originally Posted by cougar
Agree!!!

Evenin. Had a drug bust in the barracks today, took up a lot of my day. Stupid.
Old 10-24-2011, 09:44 PM

Thanks for your concern and good wishes.

I go in tomorrow morning. The lab apparently missed this one and was the worst of all the ones they tested. This is a left over from the surgery 5 weeks ago. It's round 5 of being on the table in the last year. This one they have to go back, reopen and take more. I'm too stubborn to let it get the best of me

My head is starting to look like a topographical map with a bunch of rail roads running around.

My head is going to look like Blakes again.

Quick Reply: The piston knocking import eating Breakroom [Or dragons den]10/23/11-10/30/11