Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

The piston knocking import eating Breakroom [Or dragons den]10/23/11-10/30/11

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 08:32 PM
Administrator / Severe Concussion Aficionado

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Tallguy67
Blake - yeah, as in Mr. Furley. Dude, you just showed your age.
Im only 30, but I can remember watching 3's Company when I was younger. Didnt realize what the "jist" of it was about til later on in life.

Old 10-29-2011, 08:36 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think this is turning into the Sean and Blake breakroom. This might actually make sense since Blake is building pipelines and I work for one of the biggest Canadian pipelines companies. Not the Keystone XL company BTW.
Old 10-29-2011, 08:39 PM

I think this is turning into the Sean and Blake breakroom. This might actually make sense since Blake is bui
Ding pipelines and I work for one of the biggest Canadian pipelines companies. Not the Keystone XL company BTW.
I was about to say TransCanada?

Wouldnt mind gettin a spot on the XL line but Shell may have us booked up here for a while.

New development in the winter work now. It will proceed but skeleton crew. Want us to rotate one month on, one off till April. I can, but man there goes the fat lil savings I had going....

Just when you start to get in the clear.

Of course there is a chance the work will be heavy enough to keep us all busy. We will just have to wait it out and see.
Old 10-29-2011, 08:52 PM
Old Mopar Aficionado Extraordinaire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Polaraco - that snow is just uncalled for. It is still October. I feel for you. I have no doubt our turn is coming in Western Canada, but for now this is about you. Any chance you could send that stuff to Madhat or Shorts? Maybe Blake could build a pipeline for snowballs.....
The shame is I thought I could get away with the little machine. Now I have to get Bertha out, which is trapped behind 3 cars. Today was supposed to be machine day. Good thing I did a major PM on both last year

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
snow *****....

polar, pay the neighbor kid to shovel.....
Catch!

I would but he's older than I am! The rest are just lazy and I need a translator

Originally Posted by ofcmarc
Man Polar, I'm jealous. I only have enough snow up here to be annoying. Kinda looks like Blake's pic up here.....
You can always come down here and deal with it

Originally Posted by FiverBob
Oh my goodness, gang - - - what is all that white stuff on the ground? Tell me a guy blowing insulation in the attic next door had defective equipment. Man, it is still October. It was 81 here today - - had some light rain this morning then cleared up this afternoon. Lunch on the lanai was wonderful. Sure glad we got home when we did. We had snow in the mountains in Santa Fe, NM the day we drove out - - DW's comment was "think it is time to head for home."

Bob
Shut up Bob! I'll 81* ya.

Originally Posted by Blake Clark
As in Mr Furley?

Steve thats a lotta blow!

You wait. You haven't seen anything yet. You'll get what they call lake effect snow. Comes off the great lakes. The roads look like they do up in the north country. 10 foot snow banks.

I pulled out a couple of stitches. . . My head is bleeding and won't stop. Waiting for my daughter to come over to stitch me back up. She's not overly pleased with me right now. . . I'd pick her up, but my truck lost 2 injectors and it's at the dealers.

Speaking of the devil. . . Later
Old 10-29-2011, 09:09 PM

Polosteve leave them stitchins alone

Im out

See yall in the next one.
Old 10-29-2011, 09:14 PM

G'Night Blake
Old 10-29-2011, 10:24 PM

Well folks, it looks like it is left to someone in the west to shut things down for the night. I tucked in the dragon under his blankie, turned down the flame under the ph00, ground fresh beans and filled the water in the percolator for the morning crew. I topped up the oil in the lamp and turned down the wick. Finally, I put another shovel of coal in the stove. Whoever is up first in the morning, start a new breakroom, start the percolator coffee, turn up the flame on the ph00, put more coal in the stove and most importantly of all, put the bacon in the cast iron skillet on the stove. If you are particularly motivated in the morning, grits and gravy/biscuits would be really nice for breakfast. I like my eggs sunny side up and a little runny. Rooster juice = mmmmmm.
Old 10-29-2011, 10:26 PM

Almost forgot, wake up the dragon, pat her on the head and tell her she is an important member of the family.
Old 10-29-2011, 11:32 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
This one is done. Who is gonna open the next one?