Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Pic's of damage to the truck

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 01:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Pic's of damage to the truck

Here are the pic's of what some joker did with his door to my bed and took off. Left a nice dent and scratched the paint down to the primer. Gonna cost almost $700.00 out of pocket or $500.00 thru insurance with possible recourse.
[[IMG] [/IMG]
[IMG] [/IMG]
Old 04-27-2006, 01:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That does suck!
Just be glad you didn't catch the guy or you would be going to jail for assault!
They will have to paint the whole box side.
I would pay for it myself...if you get the insurance to pay for it now you will pay and pay and pay in the future.
700 beans, not too bad for that repair and paint .I had the side of my truck painted at the dealer after a truck hit me.
They did a good job...I did insist that the dealer fix it.

It was the first, but probably won't be the last.
Old 04-27-2006, 01:48 PM

I don't know about body shops in your area, but $700 seems pretty steep for that. Especially out of pocket, I could maybe see that for an insurance quote. All they have to do is pull the dent, level it off and they'll probably spray the whole bedside. When my truck was hit by a drunk driver, they quoted a whole new bedside for around $700 including paint and install.
Old 04-27-2006, 02:07 PM

I felt it was high also, but after I got three different quotes that were within $50.00 of each other I felt it was probably about right. From the picture you really can't tell how deep the gouge is or let alone the actual dent, also the scrapes in the paint to the primer below the area that you can't see. The area I live in could have a bit to do with it, sorta of a rural small town in WA state, for the most part the dealers around here do-not do body work. Lack of volume I guess, now if I were in CA that's a whole nuther story. I wont go into how I felt about the dent when I found or what I would do if I find that person as it may offend someone and they will go running to the Admin guys to complain.
Old 04-27-2006, 03:00 PM

Are they putting on a new box side or just "fixing" the dent?
Old 04-27-2006, 03:15 PM

They are fixing the dent. I would assume replacing the boxside would run me more than $700.00 they all quoted.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:30 PM

I was just wondering. The last box side I was quoted was for a short box Chevy for $375. There are 2 06 Dodge dually take offs with bumpers for $600 each in the local paper here. I know they don't do you any good just as a comparison though.

Sorry about your truck, that sucks.
Old 04-27-2006, 05:52 PM

Someone backed out of their spot at the store and scraped the front end of my Explorer all up. Replacement bumper/paint/etc was estimated about $700 as well. Filed a police report at the station and called my insurance company. They handled everything and it didn't cost me a dime. Also, my insurance premiums were just renewed in April and it went down. So, I wouldn't pay out of pocket if I didn't have too.... just my opinion of course...

Tony
Old 04-27-2006, 06:17 PM

if you catch the joker push him down a slide of razor blades into a pool of lemon juice then pull him out and roll him in salt, and repeat, over and over again.
Old 04-27-2006, 07:13 PM

Ahh, just shoot him with that golf ball shooter. (I keep thinking about that thing, I just gotta get one)
Old 04-27-2006, 09:57 PM

What goes around, comes around. He'll regret what he did someday. Be glad you don't have his selfish and warped conscience.

...and it sucks it happened. Hope the repair can be done perfectly and an afforable price.
Old 04-27-2006, 10:35 PM
Banned

dang again? did it happen at bangor again too? i tell ya jackson, get a cheap POS to drive to work and leave that ram in the driveway in P.O.

try Johns Auto Body in poulsbo, about 3 miles from my house. they do GOOD work. been there twice.

chris
Old 04-28-2006, 09:08 AM

Check with your insurance. I had a $2600 claim with State Farm after some idiot keyed my truck. Since they consider this an act of nature under comprehensive my insurance did not go up a cent.
Old 04-28-2006, 12:16 PM

The only time your insurance should go up is when you use your liability end of it. Then you pay for screwing up. It's only fair. Have had a couple claims in the last couple years. One for non insured motorist totaling wife's vehicle. Our insurance paid for it no cost to us in rise of premiums or deductible. Next was one month old vehicle after total she hit a deer....good. Insurance paid at no cost to us except for deductible.
Old 04-28-2006, 12:19 PM

i had a similar experience at walmart were someone backed into my passenger side front fender-they hit it so hard it tore through the sheetmetal. no note or anything, i went in to walmart because they have video cameras, and they werent working yet--imagine that. it cost me 700 as well--sorry about the misfortune--they will get what they have commin to them one day.

Quick Reply: Pic's of damage to the truck