Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Ph00, Coffee, Yarns and Fun Place - 6/14 - 6/20

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2015, 05:52 PM

Received 1,647 Likes on 1,120 Posts
Watched a bit of nature at it's most amazing.

3 days ago, no schrooms

Overnight.... this is what I looked out the window to.

Next day (today), they're almost all gone... dead, or hiding somewhere.

Pretty cool...

Name:  0619150659_zps44wtdmoh.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  219.6 KB
Old 06-19-2015, 08:04 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
NJTman, seen that kind of thing in the past. Each time I have seen that, the ants came and harvested the mushrooms in just a few hours and dragged them underground.

Cougar, isn't it enjoyable getting stung by SS or monel locking wire? It tends to burn like crazy for a while.

Was on the road this morning before sunup. Was heading NW, so the sun rose behind me. The sunrise looked fantastic in the mirrors, until I hit a stretch of road that put the sun directly behind me. That created a problem because it converted every road sign into a giant mirror that reflected directly into my eyes. On that stretch there seemed to be an unusually large quantity of signs. Sure was glad when the road curved a bit. Only did close to 5 hours of highway driving today. All that for a less than a 2 hour meeting in another city.

Been tasked with finding a 15 pax van for an orphanage, so am heading out early tomorrow to see what is available on the local lots. Not much on the internet within a decent driving range.

Bye.
Old 06-19-2015, 09:41 PM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELLO, finally got killer cat off computer . she wanted some cuddle time apparently.. that is sure nice but inconvenient. oh well.

gonna be sunny tomorrow so I'd better get up early to finish up stuff.

then go play, yes, play is good. you play as well!

hello to TG! wow10 30 daylight.
Old 06-19-2015, 11:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, I am once again the only one at work who hasn't rolled a 4-wheeler.

Today the new guy was trying to find a new way up a hill, the slope kicked up almost vertical for a few feet at the top, and over he went. He was kinda dazed for a while but recovered.

And here I am, "I layed this one over once, but I put it in reverse and backed it right out onto its wheels again".

Something about rolling down a hill with 500 pounds of 4-wheeler and 2,4d, and Tordon chasing me doesn't sound fun. I keep that in mind when looking for a spot to climb a hill.

Took a break from typing to go watch fireworks. Medicine Creek Days is this weekend. Parade, car show, and street dance tomorrow. And I don't have to work.

May go try to get a couple load of firewood cut to sell later. Got my Stihl back last weekend.
Old 06-20-2015, 05:42 AM
DTR Mom

and here I always thought Nebraska was flat land.......glad you still have a lil fear! go dance, flirt, laugh- just stay off the local news, lol

for a certain someone: STIHL just wanted to point that out...

sun out, birds at feeder, cat sleeping on my shins (cat anchor).

insulate patio door to start, who knows where I'll end up?

fresh eggs, biscuits and maple sausage on the clean counter.

hazelnut phoo for you know who
Old 06-20-2015, 07:00 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
Good morning from .... well.... you know.

JWBM thanks for the goodies. Maple sausage and hazelnut ph00. Hmmmmm hmm. You did not get much sleep last night. I see that you could not let a chance to STIHL poke at someone slip by.

It rained again last night. Sure is strange weather this year. A few weeks ago when I took a drive up into Texas I saw something that I had never seen before in this part of the world. Although it is supposed to be the dry season, everywhere I went it was green. Even all thru the desert, there was lots of green, probably more than I see during the wet season.

Now that I have have some vittles and tried some of Bob's phoo, I can get my day started.
Old 06-20-2015, 08:31 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
"Bob" dropped plenty of rain on us last night and this morning. Enough that I got run-off across the shop floor. Back when I raised horses, they packed the surrounding dirt so hard that it won't soak in very good. I need to use a subsoiler around the uphill side. Spent some time looking for a "friendly" forum like DTR for the Taurus SHO I ended up with. No luck so far, most seek to be the "lemon law because of a paint chip" kind of thing. If you know of a good one, holler at me.

Neighbor had to use my 89 D350 yesterday to haul a load of sand. He insists that I need to sell it to him. Said he'd let me borrow it back as needed. NOPE! On the hunt for a good hood for it. After that, new cab paint and a new coat on the dump bed.

See ya!
Old 06-20-2015, 11:50 AM

Received 451 Likes on 343 Posts
Smartalic Roxie has learned how to pop the screen out of the windows. Wife had to replace the clips and screw them down.
Fires still blazing across the state.
Old 06-20-2015, 11:54 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Great days here.
Great big day tomorrow!
Life is good.
Old 06-20-2015, 12:21 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Happy Saturday everyone, it is a beautiful day on the edge of the Canadian prairies, sunny and warm. Not too much work will get done today (which is too bad because there is a lot to do) as we are heading to the city for a while. This is the first Father's Day since DW lost her Dad just over a year ago. The family is gathering for lunch today in his memory.
Tomorrow will be lots of chores. The first job will be to get the rope untagled from the blades of the ride on mower. DW didn't see rope in grass yesterday and ran over it. The blades are nicely jammed right now

Have a good weekend all y'all, play safe and enjoy being on the green side of the grass.
Old 06-20-2015, 02:52 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Woke up to rain. Slept in for a change. Then we went looking at campers. Saw a 98 Nomad, built like a tank, wonderful layout, but it was wet. Bummer.

Gotta change oil in the Cummins. Changed it a couple of months ago. Just looked, oil at the add line, mileage about 10G. Shame on me.
Old 06-20-2015, 04:40 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Had a nice little road trip to the Boy's to say Happy Birthday. I picked up a couple boxes of ice cream when we got close to go with the cake. As we were visiting, he opened the freezer and handed me one. I popped the top and found it half eaten. Picture several confused faces staring at the box.... Finally figured out that his wife had purchased the exact same kind the day before and had shared it with her friends. Sure did think I had found a new low in Walmart shopping.

Just found a video for a landing system used in WWII for "L" type planes when no runway was available. Some of you may be familiar, but I wasn't. The "BRODIE" system. Found a video or two on YT. It solves the problem of no runway on my property. Maybe i can convince DW.
Old 06-20-2015, 09:52 PM
DTR Mom

Originally Posted by Tallguy67
The first job will be to get the rope untagled from the blades of the ride on mower. DW didn't see rope in grass yesterday and ran over it. The blades are nicely jammed right now

Have a good weekend all y'all, play safe and enjoy being on the green side of the grass.
being fire safe first- lil propane torch makes quick work of gummed in rope on the shaft.

thoguhts to DW.
JM, thought you had a newer trailer.

awesome day. sealed in patio door, checked valve in toilet-all set.
fun in the sun on a 300 mile charity ride. surprise!! I won 2nd place for my bike- people's choice!! 274 bikes-nice trophy! then free food every checkpoint (good stuff too) toss a few chance tickets on some 50 prizes, you match your tickets to ones already drawn and posted. won a 24 pack of oil.
12 hour day but fun bike field games and live band. one spot of rain, no soak though- home before dark.

really nice people. moose club.

I hope every reader gets treated well this next week!! no free food though.
Old 06-20-2015, 10:10 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Naw, I bought an 88 Alpenlite and the D350 at the same time. I think I paid 7500 for the pair. It don't owe me anything, but it's been a real lesson in older trailer maintenance.

Can't afford a new one. Game plan is to get an older one that's substantial and either has a class 2 receiver on the back or can take one, and immediately remove that old latex crap caulking they all came with and redo it with Lexel.

Alpenlite will become donor for appliances, plumbing, and heating for a home made ice fishing trailer. That'll be about a 25' bumper pull with wheels that can retract putting it right down on the ice.