Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Ph00, Coffee, Yarns and Fun Place - 6/14 - 6/20

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2015, 07:40 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Allturd, steeped and brewed are on.
Eggs, limes, moose livers and toast.

Old 06-15-2015, 07:49 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
mmmmmmmmm alturd goo and moose liver pate' I just don't know how mornings can get any better
Old 06-15-2015, 07:59 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
mmmmmmmmm alturd goo and moose liver pate' I just don't know how mornings can get any better
You two are sick - - - just plain sick...............
and weird...................
and funny..................
and - - - - uhhhh, better not go there - - nope...............

Bob
Old 06-15-2015, 02:52 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
Bob nailed it ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 06-15-2015, 04:09 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
A day at the range..... I guess some days you just count close as good enough. 98 degrees, but a tin shed and lots of water. Missed by 1 getting expert this time with the pistol. Was making up for it with the rifle when I flew a couple rounds. Kinda wondered what was up, but when I went to burst on the rifle, the M-68 optics fell off. The screws between the base mount and the optic body backed out. I'm going to blame that. I had gave it a good wiggle earlier during teardown inspection, but.... Either way, lots of powder burned with no expense on my part. That's a win!
Old 06-15-2015, 04:12 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Blowing up, shooting and destroying anything on someone else's dime is always a win!
Old 06-15-2015, 07:52 PM

I always look forward to that 2 weeks before hunting season. It means some time at the range and getting the equipment back in shape. Then comes the fun.

Slower day. Sis in laws AC quit. All looked good and checked out without test equipment. Should have followed my instinct and changed out the filter capacitor on the compressor. That was it - - took about 10 minutes for the tech to have it running. Offered me a job - - uhhhh, no thanks. Sis is happy to have cool house again - - had to slept here last night.

Filtering the ph00 - - - oohhh ph00ey - - throw it and make fresh after that craze Canuck has been around. Come join me for a fresh one before beddy time. .........................

Bob
Old 06-15-2015, 08:13 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by sherod
A day at the range..... I guess some days you just count close as good enough. 98 degrees, but a tin shed and lots of water. Missed by 1 getting expert this time with the pistol. Was making up for it with the rifle when I flew a couple rounds. Kinda wondered what was up, but when I went to burst on the rifle, the M-68 optics fell off. The screws between the base mount and the optic body backed out. I'm going to blame that. I had gave it a good wiggle earlier during teardown inspection, but.... Either way, lots of powder burned with no expense on my part. That's a win!
That is aggravating when you start getting flyers due to a malfunction of some kind....I was sighting in a deer rifle for a guy and I got real close at 200 yds then suddenly it started flying away on me

I checked the optics expecting to find the same thing as you did but everything was tight.... I turned the rifle over and saw a crack in the stock, a few more rounds the barrel would have jumped clean out
Old 06-15-2015, 08:37 PM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey! miss me?>

lots of change since last week. love to Fiver, Stan and those under the weather in weather paradise...

Scottie, congrats and keep the Faith! poor truck thing...one door opens....yada yada.

Laaarrrrrrryyyyyyyyyy. met a sheep that knew ewe...sorry to hear you need bolts tightened. hope it is simple.
Old 06-16-2015, 05:43 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
Morning all. Get up. Times is awasting. Fresh, hot coffee, ph00 and hot water is ready.

JWBM, thanks. I am about 98% well. Back to doing my usual stuff.

This is supposed to be the dry season, but yesterday afternoon it started to rain and never stopped until about 9 p.m. It was nice and the ground needed it.

Wherever you are and whatever you are doing, may you have a great day.
Old 06-16-2015, 07:10 AM

OK, been up - - - don't holler.................
Heidi - - we been missing you. Needed mom around to console us when we were feeling "dumpy." (is that an OK usage of that word???) You gave us no clue as to what "lots of change since last week" means - - with you or around here???

Grabbing my ph00 and head for my doc - - follow up on the Holter and those stupid statin side affects. They work so good for what intended - sure wish they did not have side effects. ..........................

Bobby
Old 06-16-2015, 09:12 AM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by FiverBob
OK, been up - - - don't holler.................
Heidi - - we been missing you. Needed mom around to console us when we were feeling "dumpy." (is that an OK usage of that word???) You gave us no clue as to what "lots of change since last week" means - - with you or around here???

Grabbing my ph00 and head for my doc - - follow up on the Holter and those stupid statin side affects. They work so good for what intended - sure wish they did not have side effects. ..........................

Bobby
If you look into it, you'll find that statins don't increase either longevity or quality of life. The side effects if used in the long run can be horrific.

I, and many others maintain a low carbohydrate, high vegetable diet. Keeps cholesterol in line, and specifically reduces inflammation, which is the real culprit.

Cholesterol is a critically needed substance for healing. It is also a major component of all nerve system tissue, thus some of the side effects of artificially suppressing it. Inflammation in the arteries calls for repair, scabbing, etc. Cholesterol is a major component of that, and thus shows up in the deposits that cause trouble. The solution is not to reduce cholesterol, but to reduce the initial inflammation. That solves the problem without causing dementia.

Many components in our food supply contribute to that inflammation. GMO (glyphosate, and BT toxins CRY-alphabet soup), as well as gluten are prime suspects. Avoiding them is a real PITA, but the alternative is not desirable in my opinion.

I have one friend on the program that's jumping on trampolines, walking miles, etc. She takes no drugs, either prescription or over the counter She's almost 90 years old.

I have several other friends that were crippled or even bedridden with inflammation troubles that are now fully functional and active. One was diagnosed with Lyme disease, totally bedridden. Now she runs a gym. Yep, dealing with the autoimmune inflammation response to the infection eliminated almost all the symptoms, and allows her body to deal with the real culprit without drugs.
Old 06-16-2015, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by j_martin
I, and many others maintain a low carbohydrate, high vegetable diet. Keeps cholesterol in line, and specifically reduces inflammation, which is the real culprit.
Yep - - with ya. I sustain an extremely critical diet. Wife gets very distraught trying to fix meals for me. In spite of that and a good diet, I still run in the 120- 140 range on LDL - - that is too high. With a light statin and lots of exercise and diet, I can maintain LDL around 60 - 70 with HDL in the 60 to 80 range. Doc loves it. Arteries are clean as a whistle. Those stupid statins just tear up my legs. Starting a new one tomorrow that reduces the absorption of cholesterol from the intestines - - this is not a statin. The possible side affects are minimal. We will see what happens.

Ph00...................
Old 06-16-2015, 08:03 PM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hello!

about done with this on again, off again rain. wish I could direct it out West.
or up to Alaska. sheesh.

Thought there was a connection- read a story about one of the escaped cons drawing bill n Hillary Clinton. he was fascinated by them. well, when you decapitate your boss, you have to admire the ones that can do it with finesse and get away with it.

absolutely beat. played moving two vehicles from two different towns by myself. after going over 100 miles opposite for requested paperwork.
brite as day at 9PM.

gonna find a proper snack.......
Old 06-16-2015, 08:08 PM

Hey, Heidi Ho Ho - - - glad to see you. Thought maybe I had forgotten to shower or something before my last post. Where is everyone? And, yes, it is dead dark down here right now, 9:08 our time.

I am heading into the bedroom, put the bed up and watch a ball game. Enough of this working on the peuter. Relax, but no coffee this late - - boooo.

Nitey nite'all,

Bob

Quick Reply: Ph00, Coffee, Yarns and Fun Place - 6/14 - 6/20