Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

The Perfect Comeback

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 12:24 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Perfect Comeback

> > One of my sons serves in the military. He is still stateside,
>here in California. He called me yesterday to let me know how warm
>and welcoming people were to him, and his troops, everywhere he
>goes, telling me how people shake their hands, and thank them for
>being willing to serve, and fight, for not only our own freedoms but so
>that others may
>have them also. But he also told me about an incident in the
>grocery store he stopped at yesterday; on his way home from the base.
> > He said that ahead of several people in front of him stood a
>woman dressed in a burkha. He said when she got to the cashier she
>loudly remarked about the U.S. flag lapel pin the cashier wore on
>her smock.
> > The cashier reached up and touched the pin, and said proudly,"
>Yes, I always wear it and probably always will."
> > The woman in the burkha then asked the cashier when she was going
>to stop bombing her countrymen, explaining that she was Iraqi.
> > A gentleman standing behind my son stepped forward, putting his
>arm around my son's shoulders, and nodding towards my son, said in
>a calm and gentle voice to the Iraqi woman:
> >
> > "Lady, hundreds of thousands of men and women like this young man
>have fought and died so that YOU could stand here, in MY country
>and accuse a check-out cashier of bombing YOUR countrymen. It is
>my belief that had you been this outspoken in YOUR own country, we
>wouldn't need to be there today. But, hey, if you have now learned
>how to speak out so loudly and clearly, I'll gladly buy you a
>ticket and pay your way back to Iraq so you can straighten out the
>mess in YOUR country that you are obviously here in MY country to
>avoid."
Old 04-21-2006, 01:00 AM

is that realy true, he told her
Old 04-21-2006, 11:37 AM

What a shame that something like this could happen. Cashier should have not rung her out, and asked her to leave their establishment.
Old 04-21-2006, 01:32 PM
Banned

That is the best thing I have heard all day! Looks like the Iraqi is just taking advantige of her situation. Seriously if you dont like the US why do you live here, Just go to Canada.
Old 04-21-2006, 01:54 PM

What gives you the idea that we would want people like that?? Mind you, a good winter in the arctic might freeze their brains enough that we could then fly them back to Iraq or Afghanistan so that they could enjoy the weather there for a bit while our boys knock some sense into them.
Old 04-21-2006, 10:50 PM

bosshawg600, that was harsh man, we don't want people with that attitude up here either, unfortunately our recently voted out Liberal govt wouldn't act, hopefully the Conservatives will offer the support that should have been given a long time ago. PS check out the other thread about Robin Williams' "plan", I personally love it and would gladly see it implemented up here.
Old 04-22-2006, 12:02 AM
Muted User

Reply to The Perfect Comeback

I have a friend who I went to high school with that I have stayed in contact over the last 20 years. He has an MBA now and gave up an executive position at U.S. Bank HQ to spend the last 3 years in Afganistan. He is in the Army Reserves he has seen his wife & 3 little kids 3 weeks in that time. This is an individual that doesnt didnt have to be there by any means. He and his family have made the choice and personal sacrifice. Why? They feel he can make a much bigger contibution to the world than just suffling paper at a bank. Help people just survive build from nothing. He is not something I saw on t.v. or heard about in some urban legend either. I am proud to say he is my friend. He makes me proud of our military. He makes me proud of that flag that is sewn on his shoulder. Maybe he can use the return plane seat from Afganistan?
Old 04-22-2006, 12:08 AM

What gets me is when someone questions me as to why I support the troops. Setting aside the fact that my husband is one and I have many family members that are military, I just have to shake my head at them. My first question to them is have they ever served in the military. Many times their answer is no so I simply say, they are doing a job that you won't do. I can't say that I agree with everything going on with the military, mainly because I don't watch enough of the news to follow it, I just say that I will always support the troops. My favorite saying is "A Soldier stands watch tonite, so you can sleep in peace."
Old 04-22-2006, 12:23 AM
Administrator

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
http://www.snopes.com/rumors/lapelpin.asp

Old 04-22-2006, 12:25 AM
Muted User

Response to Cowgirl

That "sleep tonight safe" sentance could be translated into how many languages around the world and in how many countries? Unfortunely we are the worlds "police".
I wish we we not too bad the UN isnt worth a poo.
Ask these "head in the sand (or in some other equally dark place)" people if we dont do it who will? The French?
What really sucks is all our "allies" know we will step up to the plate. We have for years...
Prayers for you & your family
Old 04-22-2006, 12:54 AM

There are anti-war protesters on the local courthouse lawn at least twice a week here and they always have a banner that says something like "the only thing we need is peace" or something like that, and they all wear black like they are going to a funeral....everytime I drive by them I make sure to put it in neutral and rev up to about 2500 rpms and give them as much diesel exhaust as possible...it just annoys me how they have the cahones to do that! I mean seriously...
Old 04-22-2006, 12:57 AM

I don't choose to think of it as us being the "worlds police". I look at it as us being the "rather large friend" that you would want to have your back when you can't defend yourself. I am willing to sacrifice quite a bit of my own in order to ensure others have the opportunity to enjoy freedom. A person doesn't have to be an American to enjoy the God given right of freedom.

Of course ... I don't expect the "little defenseless countries" to go out talking smack and then hide behind us to bail them out either. I am all for stepping aside and letting them get knocked down if that is the case .
Depending on which info source you choose to listen to ... our current situation could appear that way to you. Doesn't to me ... therefore, I am still here.

PISTOL
Old 04-22-2006, 01:19 AM
Muted User

Reply to PistolWhipt

I agree with what you are saying its just that "we" end up in all these deals all over the place helping out. I just wished the other "big democracys" were there helping out a little more. You hear about the Brits but where are the Gemans, Dutch, French and Italians for example? You just dont hear about those guys pitching in...
Old 04-22-2006, 04:14 AM
DTR Mom

A peek at history tells us that the more things change; the more things stay the same.

Different issues with different politicians, same rules- if you 've got the money or the title- you are safe from harm. It's your countrymen that get wiped out. heh, how 'bout that; "War and Peace" book condensed to a sentence.......

We don't make the wars, but going is the truest heart, soul and bravery out there. A pyschological hug to every soldier (oh allll riiiight) sailor out there- the original "Get Er Done"
Old 04-22-2006, 09:46 AM

BigBlue, you have a good son serving our country and i hope you are proud, and i hope that experince there helps him to send them racial slur removed, please re-read the site rules! back to meet there maker.

Quick Reply: The Perfect Comeback