Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Peanuts, Popcorn, Candy, Peaoats Breakroom 1/12-18

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 08:12 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Y'all need a snickers. Ya ain't yourselves when you're hungry.

I have visions of Hitler and Rommel trying to plan a war, and "uncle" Joe Biden saying "here have a snickers", in my head.
Old 01-16-2014, 08:26 PM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
craving a candy bar or did you just eat something plain wrong to have those kinda dreams? been near the silage lately?

whupped. too tired to get up ta bed.

was gonna type in some Seneca, but too much thought was needed....ugh

ok, I won a year's worth of Arbor day foundation Colombian coffee. great.
not much of a coffee drinker ....missed out on the fifty other prizes that were cool. my neighbor is VERY happy though...
Old 01-16-2014, 11:33 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Our Wall-Mart had the 9.3oz Hershey's Chocolate bar 6 packs on clearance marked down to $1buck (normally they are 4.50).
I may have gone a little crazy.

Originally Posted by FiverBob
Hit the big Tampa RV show yesterday - - wow, makes ya drool.
I really don't know why we go to those shows. They always make my Arctic Fox seem like a dumpster on wheels.

Originally Posted by Chrisreyn
Tami nu huva sukwita! Unse tabo oo-oo !
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
How many languages you got there?......
I think he said "My donkey has a rash". Hmmm, the censor made me say donkey instead of As*.
My Mom used to have a big As* and would rent it out during hunting season.
~
Old 01-17-2014, 05:40 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
I won a year's worth of Arbor day foundation Colombian coffee.
Why would the Arbor Day Foundation be giving away coffee? That just seems like the strangest combination I can think of. Like me throwing a baby shower for instance. It just ain't right!

Originally Posted by Bark
Hmmm, the censor made me say donkey instead of As*. My Mom used to have a big As* and would rent it out during hunting season.
Yes, it edits as* but allows assess. And why do we need to know your momma rented hers out?

IT is Friday, January 17th.

1806 - James Madison Randolph, grandson of U.S. President Thomas Jefferson, was the first child born in the White House.

1871 - Andrew S. Hallidie received a patent for a cable car system.

1900 - The U.S. took Wake Island where there was in important cable link between Hawaii and Manila.

1900 - Yaqui Indians in Texas proclaimed their independence from Mexico.

1913 - All partner interests in 36 Golden Rule Stores were consolidated and incorporated in Utah into one company. The new corporation was the J.C. Penney Company.

1934 - Ferdinand Porsche submitted a design for a people's car, a "Volkswagen," to the new German Reich government.

1945 - Soviet and Polish forces liberated Warsaw during World War II.

1961 - In his farewell address, U.S. President Eisenhower warned against the rise of "the military-industrial complex."

1966 - A B-52 carrying four H-bombs collided with a refuelling tanker. The bombs were released and eight crewmembers were killed.

1977 - Double murderer Gary Gilmore became the first to be executed in the U.S. in a decade. The firing squad took place at Utah State Prison.

1991 - Coalition airstrikes began against Iraq after negotiations failed to get Iraq to retreat from the country of Kuwait.

1994 - The Northridge earthquake rocked Los Angeles, CA, registering a 6.7 on the Richter Scale. At least 61 people were killed and about $20 billion in damage was caused.

1995 - More than 6,000 people were killed when an earthquake with a magnitude of 7.2 devastated the city of Kobe, Japan.

1998 - U.S. President Clinton gave his deposition in the Paula Jones sexual harassment lawsuit against him. He was the first U.S. President to testify as a defendant in a criminal or civil lawsuit.

2000 - British pharmaceutical companies Glaxo Wellcome PLC and SmithKline Beecham PLC agreed to a merger that created the world's largest drugmaker.

Today's thought:
Here is the test to find whether your mission on Earth is finished: if you're alive, it isn't.

C0ffee & ph00 are ready.

TOB&F today.
Old 01-17-2014, 05:55 AM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Morning.

JWBM, bring all that coffee to the breakroom.
Old 01-17-2014, 06:12 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Bark is there chocolate all over your keyboard?

That's a lot of talk about assess.

Hanyday folks.

Eh

Old 01-17-2014, 06:13 AM

Eh Scotty
Old 01-17-2014, 06:29 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
Originally Posted by Shorts
Morning.

JWBM, bring all that coffee to the breakroom.

Howdy everybody.
Good idea about the coffee.

Another nice day about to dawn. How boring to have nice days every day. NOT!!!!!

Spent all morning yesterday outside in the sun installing a lock on the tailgate of my truck. It should have been a 30 minute job, but I have the Rhino lining and that obscured all the screws for the cover I needed to remove for access to the lock. Man, that stuff is tuff!!! An industrial knife did not cut it and broke quite a few blades trying to cut the lining off to get to the screws. To even find the screws had to find another Ram and measure the locations. Ended up using a rotary file to take off the worst, then a small router to dig out the screw heads and the knife to finish up. Then I needed to cut all around the outside of the cover and that was difficult. That stuff is a 1/4" thick in places. Now I have 3 levels of anti-theft protection on the tailgate.

Last night somehow ended up with what appeared to be a virus, but now do not think it is. All I did was update my Real Player and something called PSafe took over my computer. To add insult to injury it is all in Portuguese and comes out of Brazil. It took me ages to uninstall the program, but it still has control of my home page and so far cannot get rid of that. Can no longer see PSafe in any program, so where is the program to tell it to become my home page? When I check to see what is supposed to be my home page still shows the original setting. Hate computers!!!!!

Off to find another coffee and continue with the fight with my confuser. Oh, another thing. Shockwave keeps on hanging up and that is an additional annoyance. All my programs appears to be up to date which should have fixed this problem, but nooooo. Hate computers!!!!!
Old 01-17-2014, 08:06 AM
DTR Mom

thought about sending coffee out to all the Breakroom folks, but US regulations would consider me an importer and charge me fees, taxes and application costs. I am not that nice. the Foundation has renewed a rain forest 50 acre plot to raise awareness of current destruction and showed that locals can make more by growing coffee trees than farm scrappers. one of the few good organizations that return about 85 percent to the direct cause.

thnx for the input chaikwabuilditbulletproof! appreciate your time.

Bark, were you smiling like the Grinch when you typed stuff about your mom's donkey rental? you owe me a computer screen. V8 is hard to clean.

hope everyone has a "Stan Day" in your own paradise!
Old 01-17-2014, 08:09 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Morning folks....

Stan down load the free hijackthis and run the scan...pm or email the results and I will help you get rid of that mess.
Old 01-17-2014, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
Bark, were you smiling like the Grinch when you typed stuff about your mom's donkey rental?
Is that legal?
Old 01-17-2014, 08:20 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
After reading this stuff, I am now putting up my shields and probing everywhere I step. Dangerous around here with rental asses, viruses and who knows what else.

I have some sourdough bread here I can slice thick and grill a couple hot sausages, fry a couple eggs and cover in cheese for a breakfast sandwich for you
Goodness - - - sounds wonderful - - like - - like - - like a heart attack. That is one bunch of cholesterol...................

Company all day yesterday - - limited my goof off time. I finally did get a good nights sleep - - only got three hours night before. DUH

Hey Scotty, you had more to say than EH - - good man.

OK, grabbing my ph00 and off to catch up.

Bob
Old 01-17-2014, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by Mexstan
Spent all morning yesterday outside in the sun installing a lock on the tailgate of my truck. It should have been a 30 minute job, but I have the Rhino lining and that obscured all the screws for the cover I needed to remove for access to the lock. Man, that stuff is tuff!!! An industrial knife did not cut it and broke quite a few blades trying to cut the lining off to get to the screws. To even find the screws had to find another Ram and measure the locations. Ended up using a rotary file to take off the worst, then a small router to dig out the screw heads and the knife to finish up. Then I needed to cut all around the outside of the cover and that was difficult. That stuff is a 1/4" thick in places. Now I have 3 levels of anti-theft protection on the tailgate.
Stepped outside and had a look at mine. My LineX installer pulled the access panel off and lined it separately from the rest of the tailgate. Then reinstalled so the bolts are exposed. Good thing too. I feel for you because you ain't kidding about the bedliner being thick and and tough. Wouldn't wanna have to cut through it of I didn't have to. How'd you cut open the access panel? Circular saw with the depth adjustment at 1/4"
Old 01-17-2014, 08:31 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Morning folks....

Stan down load the free hijackthis and run the scan...pm or email the results and I will help you get rid of that mess.

Thanks. Sounds so easy, but nooooooooooooooo. The only clean hijack this I could find was in German. Lots of 3rd party download sites in Spanish or Portugoose. Finally downloaded it thru C Net and ran a scan. Lots of stuff came up, but most are good things and the program warned me not to do anything unless I had first checked each one individually. No time to do that now, but will try again later when I have some free time. Did I mention that I hate computers? I HATE COMPUTERS!!!!!!!!
Old 01-17-2014, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by Shorts
Stepped outside and had a look at mine. My LineX installer pulled the access panel off and lined it separately from the rest of the tailgate. Then reinstalled so the bolts are exposed. Good thing too. I feel for you because you ain't kidding about the bedliner being thick and and tough. Wouldn't wanna have to cut through it of I didn't have to. How'd you cut open the access panel? Circular saw with the depth adjustment at 1/4"

My liner is extra thick on the tailgate because years ago it got damaged and had some divots in it, so Rhino resprayed it free of charge. That now means that the liner is thicker in some places than others, so could not use a circular saw with a depth adjustment. Did it all by using two hands on a knife a knife and changing blades frequently. Started to end up with blisters on both hands due to pulling so hard, so had to work with gloves. Also had to use safety glasses from the beginning because pieces of the knife blade tended to break off and fly. This was not exactly a fun job, but at least now it is finished and feel that there is less chance of getting my tailgate stolen. Actually, to keep in context with some of the conversations here today, should that read assgate?

Quick Reply: Peanuts, Popcorn, Candy, Peaoats Breakroom 1/12-18