Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Peanuts, Popcorn, Candy, Peaoats Breakroom 1/12-18

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 06:39 PM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
no one wants to be with the grumpy janitor, heheh

yup, film office lists dangerous activities on their permits I bet. axmen is entertaining and profitable for some people I am sure.
most logging companies around me are family run and use two cut men, skidder and one driver. OSHA need not apply.
1 husq part in the 5 Stihl dealers here. why? Stihl saws are light, fast, adaptable to all kinds of weather and take the abuse. parts can be fixed on the bench in the shop and one phone call gets you replacement parts. it's an everyday worker. fits right in with our 20 projects a day,Carhartt's, dodge trucks, and paying NYS taxes....

scotty you should know I am a Harley girl; orange saws and black boots fits right in with Harley colors....color coordination and fashion is your realm.roll with it

R & R'd the yanmar diesel hitachi starter. my Harley starter fit it perfectly.
we better learn Chinese me thinks.....where did Japan get 4 billion to buy Jim Beam??
Old 01-13-2014, 07:59 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
no one wants to be with the grumpy janitor, heheh
GOOD! I don't need no stinkin' people anyways!

most logging companies around me are family run and use two cut men, skidder and one driver.
New England is mostly mechanized, even back when I was doing it, feller/bunchers, cut-to-length delimbers and tub grinders are what makes logs for the most part. Saws are mostly used at the landing after a trailer is loaded to even it up for the road or get missed limbs out of the way, or to saw tops for the firewood market.

1 husq part in the 5 Stihl dealers here. why?
Because Husky's don't break like Stihl's and there's no need for a massive parts and support network just to keep them together.

fits right in with our 20 projects a day,Carhartt's, dodge trucks, and paying NYS taxes...
Funny, everything you used as an example is over-priced and selling on a past reputation that's long since gone.

scotty you should know I am a Harley girl; orange saws and black boots fits right in with Harley colors.
Orange and black, orange and black... now where have I seen that color combination before? I KNOW, HALLOWEEN!

R & R'd the yanmar diesel hitachi starter.
I thought that thing was a Mitsubishi?

where did Japan get 4 billion to buy Jim Beam??
I don't know, but I just changed brands. When the Chinese buy out Husky, that's when I'll become a Stihl owner. Or maybe I'll start making my own saws; "Scott Saws, tools with attitude!"
Old 01-13-2014, 09:37 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Whatever way a person goes ya gotta admit, when it comes to wood,
Scott probably has a lot more experience and probably enjoys handling it more than most of us. Heh heh heh

Evening people!
Old 01-14-2014, 06:12 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Bark
Whatever way a person goes ya gotta admit, when it comes to wood, Scott probably has a lot more experience and probably enjoys handling it more than most of us.
That's just cruel! Very, very cruel.

Day 2 of the Jackson training. <sigh>

Today is Tuesday, January 14th.

1639 - Connecticut's first constitution, the "Fundamental Orders," was adopted.

1784 - The United States ratified a peace treaty with England ending the Revolutionary War.

1878 - Alexander Graham Bell demonstrated the telephone for Britain's Queen Victoria.

1882 - The Myopia Hunt Club, in Winchester, MA, became the first country club in the United States.

1943 - U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt became the first U.S. President to fly in an airplane while in office. He flew from Miami, FL, to French Morocco where he met with British Prime Minister Winston Churchill to discuss World War II.

1952 - NBC's "Today" show premiered.

1954 - The Hudson Motor Car Company merged with Nash-Kelvinator. The new company was called the American Motors Corporation.

1963 - George C. Wallace was sworn in as governor of Alabama.

1969 - An explosion aboard the U.S. aircraft carrier Enterprise off Hawaii killed 25 crew members.

1994 - U.S. President Clinton and Russian President Boris Yeltsin signed Kremlin accords to stop aiming missiles at any nation and to dismantle the nuclear arsenal of Ukraine.

1998 - Whitewater prosecutors questioned Hillary Rodham Clinton at the White House for 10 minutes about the gathering of FBI background files on past Republican political appointees.

1998 - In Dallas, researchers report an enzyme that slows the aging process and cell death.

1999 - The impeachment trial of U.S. President Clinton began in Washington, DC.

2005 - A probe, from the Cassini-Huygens mission, sent back pictures during and after landing on Saturn's moon Titan. The mission was launched on October 15, 1997.

Today's thought:
The trouble with not having a goal is that you can spend your life running up and down the field and never score.

Coffee & ph00 are ready. Frosted Fuzzy Flakes is the cereal of the day.

TOB&F today!
Old 01-14-2014, 06:48 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Congrats Claudepa.

Old 01-14-2014, 08:56 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Scotty
Congrats Claudepa.
Hey, a new face in the group. Welcome.........................bout time you stuck your face in even though you are not very talkative.

Grey morning down this way - - fog again. January in Florida - - we can have some morning fogs. Burns away about 11 and gorgeous the rest of the day. We had some sprinkles a bit ago so there must be some clouds up there today.

OK, grabbing some ph00 and off and running. ................

Bob
Old 01-14-2014, 09:04 AM
REALLY old dog

Good morning fellow DTRotarions !

(Explanation) Middle Daughter& Soninlaw are expecting a daughter in March !
It will make grand child #9 .
OK OK SCOTTS NEXT PROJECT ! BUILD A DISTELLARY -

WHY , Because co that makes Jim Beam & Malers Mark Burbon has been bought up by the Japanese !

We no longer own Budwiser , GOT TO HAVE SOME AMERICAN DRINKS !
Old 01-14-2014, 03:11 PM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Afternoon all

Originally Posted by old dog
Afternoon fellow DTRotarions !

Well at 6:22 yesterday afternoon my Son &wife had an 8 lb 8 oz baby girl 20 inches long .

kind of fitting she is #8 # 9 due in march .
Congrats Granpa

ok Shorts, I am sooo ready to be relaxed and in the sun! where we goin?
Bring your best cut off jean shorts, we doing an airboat ride to see dem alleygators in the Everglades.

I'm excited about Suntory buying Beam. The Japanese are fine brewers. I don't think they'll change anything recipe wise anyway. Heck, if they can get this girl to acquire hr taste for beer, they're dong something right. That reminds me, I need to go buy that high dollar bottle of whiskey for DH birthday.
Old 01-14-2014, 03:54 PM
DTR Mom

Whatever way a person goes ya gotta admit, when it comes to wood, Scott probably has a lot more experience and probably enjoys handling it more than most of us. Heh heh heh
Originally Posted by chaikwa
That's just cruel! Very, very cruel.

I have a husky reputation with wood, I am so ashamed <sigh>!
fixed it fer ya

Originally Posted by Shorts
I'm excited about Suntory buying Beam. The Japanese are fine brewers.
I like their culture and respect for other cultures, and saki!plum wine nice finish.

great day, hanging out with hubby at son's place. heated grip installation.

wow Claude, nine gkiddos! you still go fishing? what a great thing to pass on!

have a great night, Fiver, Farmhand and Friends! even the grumpy, mustached one.....the guy who was smart BEFORE computers.... heh, miss ya brudder from a different mudder
Attached Thumbnails Peanuts, Popcorn, Candy, Peaoats Breakroom 1/12-18-img_20131210_131132.jpg  
Old 01-14-2014, 05:20 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Howdy Scotty, Shorts, Bob and any others who didn't post today.

Originally Posted by old dog
OK OK SCOTTS NEXT PROJECT ! BUILD A DISTELLARY -
Best idea ever!! He definitely has the skills to make a good distillery.
He is already using wood so nobody would notice smoke.
And he has access to Michigan potato's, corn, wheat and other grains that they grow locally.
I for one don't see any drawbacks to it and am all for it.

fixed it fer ya
Originally Posted by chaikwa
I have a husky reputation with wood, I am so ashamed <sigh>!
Snort . if he wasn't actually a nice guy we wouldn't have gotten away with that.

Snowing here. Going into town anyway.
Old 01-14-2014, 05:45 PM
Administrator

fixed it fer ya
Hey, I LIKE having a Husky reputation with wood. And I ain't ashamed either!

I like their culture and respect for other cultures, and saki!plum wine nice finish.
I like other cultures too, but that don't mean I want 'em makin' my juice!

great day, hanging out with hubby at son's place. heated grip installation.
For the Stihl?

And Bark, thanks for noticing. I AM a nice guy, ain't I!
Old 01-15-2014, 12:08 AM

Yeah, but I will deny it if I ever get dragged into court over it.
No hard feelings, I just don't want to have to share a cell with you.

Dang, more snow than I thought. Broke my favorite feed shovel.
Broke a shear pin on the blower on yet another free sunday paper I didn't know about.
Oh well, its 20°f, lightly snowing and I have plenty of pins.
Its a good night.
Old 01-15-2014, 04:51 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Haven't stopped in a day or two took fiancé Sunday to look at water falls close to a state park not far from me. Found out yesterday most I the pain I'm havering in my foot is being caused by autheritis. Not a lot they can do and that sucks I ain't that old yet.

Oh well fresh coffee phoo sweet tea and hot water on the counter I fired up the dragon to warm the place up a little somebody bath that thing she's starting to have a bad case of BOdy Oder. Left some fresh biscuits also. I will check back latter today
Old 01-15-2014, 06:30 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
Wanted to say GOOD MORNING to everybody, but there is nobody her to say it too. Don't tell me that y'all are still sleeping? I see that somebody was here before me and made good coffee. Thanks. Yeah, noticed the somewhat rank smell in here, but figured that was just the janitor.

Looks like another nice day brewing, but will be cold tonight. Tomorrow will be sunny again.

Claude, watcha trying to do? Start a new village? A village named Claude? Anyway, a bit late, but congratulations on the addition.

Wife is getting very uptight because her oldest son is getting married on March 1 and she still does not have a dress. I asked her what was wrong with the new dress that she wore at the last wedding and received THAT look. All you married guys probably know THAT look. The look that speaks volumes, but no words are said. The fact that we are also leaving on an overseas trip on Mar 5 and she still does not have her visa is also helping to wind her up. We will need to take a trip into Mexico City to apply for the visa and both of us hate that.

Tonight is full moon. Wonder if that will bring any of the DTR crazies out. Oh wait, they don't need a full moon, 'cuz some of them are here daily.

Hope y'all have a great day.
Old 01-15-2014, 07:35 AM
Administrator

No hard feelings, I just don't want to have to share a cell with you.

Morning.

Slow connection today I guess.

It is Wednesday, January 15th.

1624 - Many riots occurred in Mexico when it was announced that all churches were to be closed.

1777 - The people of New Connecticut (now the state of Vermont) declared their independence.

1844 - The University of Notre Dame received its charter from the state of Indiana.

1913 - The first telephone line between Berlin and New York was inaugurated.

1936 - The first, all glass, windowless building was completed in Toledo, OH. The building was the new home of the Owens-Illinois Glass Company Laboratory.

1943 - The Pentagon was dedicated as the world's largest office building just outside Washington, DC, in Arlington, VA. The structure covers 34 acres of land and has 17 miles of corridors.

1953 - Harry S Truman became the first U.S. President to use radio and television to give his farewell as he left office.

1955 - The first solar-heated, radiation-cooled house was built by Raymond Bliss in Tucson, AZ.

1973 - U.S. President Nixon announced the suspension of all U.S. offensive action in North Vietnam. He cited progress in peace negotiations as the reason.

1986 - President Reagan signed legislation making Martin Luther King, Jr.'s birthday a national holiday to be celebrated on the third Monday of January.

2003 - The U.S. Supreme Court ruled that the U.S. Congress had permission to repeatedly extend copyright protection.

Today's thought:
It is easy to sit up and take notice, What is difficult is getting up and taking action.

TOB&F today.

Quick Reply: Peanuts, Popcorn, Candy, Peaoats Breakroom 1/12-18