Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

"Pay at the Pump" is Often Not at the Pump!!@#*!

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 07:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"Pay at the Pump" is Often Not at the Pump!!@#*!

..Well it was a good idea..Pay at the pump to save time and keep moving..but my last week trip worked out to only half the time, you payed at the pump..out of paper, didnt register, etc..so you go in ..wait in line to get a receipt.. and when you inquire about "What happen to pay at the pump" .., you get a "Deer in the Headlights" look..from a young teenager..I dont trust giving them my Credit card "Again" so I can get a receipt..that was 'spose to be at the pump in the first place....!!!
Old 08-06-2008, 09:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RoadDiesel
..Well it was a good idea..Pay at the pump to save time and keep moving..but my last week trip worked out to only half the time, you payed at the pump..out of paper, didnt register, etc..so you go in ..wait in line to get a receipt.. and when you inquire about "What happen to pay at the pump" .., you get a "Deer in the Headlights" look..from a young teenager..I dont trust giving them my Credit card "Again" so I can get a receipt..that was 'spose to be at the pump in the first place....!!!
Haha, unless I'm keeping the receipt for work, I just don't bother if it doesn't shoot out at me. There is a station in town, that I've never in all the years of going to it, ever gotten a receipt. Its ALWAYS out.
Old 08-06-2008, 09:27 AM

Yep! My (formerly) favorite filling station began to act exactly like that. And to compound the problem, for whatever reason, they lowered their CC $$ limit back down to $75 from$100(they said because CC fraud), requiring 2X the number of irritating trips inside the store for a refueling stop. I could get them to lift the limit, but it requires an initial walk inside to explain to the clerk what I want.. They usually want to hold my card while I make a $130 fuel purchase.
Pay-at-the-pump was the best idea they've ever come up with. This meant I didn't have to go inside to stand in-line behind slugs, bums and gang-bangers arguing with the clerk over lottery tickets or beer purchases. Also, no problem with concealed-carry when you are at your truck and never have to go inside where it is forbidden.

There are enough other stations that allow P-a-t-p without hassles that I found another and have made it my new favorite. I did make sure I told one of the reasonably responsible looking night managers why I will no longer be buying from their store.
Old 08-06-2008, 10:14 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I feel your pain, i gotta collect a reciept for almost everything. Taxes suck.
Old 08-06-2008, 10:45 AM

I haven't had a "pay at the pump" issue in ages. It just works and I go to any one of a dozen stations depending on the price and my location.

Granted, I don't have a truck right now so my VW Golf TDI has yet to hit a $75 limit. When I fuel my diesel motorhome I usually go to Flying J and they have no limit on the RV pumps if I run my RV Rewards card first.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:35 PM

It can be difficult to find a good station, but when you do it is worth using. Clean, efficiant, diesel at every island, good traffic flow and a reciept every time. And maybe not the lowest price, but low priced. Matter of good luck finding them. I got one here. If I want to go a ways I can get LSD.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:44 PM
1st Generation Admin

Received 117 Likes on 61 Posts
You forgot having to wait for the individual to choose which lotto ticket they would like to play at the counter.
Old 08-06-2008, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by rip 112
I feel your pain, i gotta collect a reciept for almost everything. Taxes suck.
Amen Brother!
Old 08-06-2008, 02:53 PM

What gets me is when the pump does run out of paper and you run in and ask for the receipt, the clerk looks at you with an annoyed look like I'm wasting his time.
Old 08-06-2008, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by BC847
You forgot having to wait for the individual to choose which lotto ticket they would like to play at the counter.
EXACTLY!
I've been behind an inDUHHvidual that bought some some soft drinks, a Lotto ticket and a $2 scratch-off to boot!. That in itself is fine...
But during the Lotto transaction while the clerk was handing them change and his tickets, scumbag immediately scratched off the numbers and asked for another one... Scratched this one off, and not getting a winner either, asked for a third which consumed the remainder of his change due him... Duhhhh!

Pay-at-the-pump saves me lots of aggravation from customers and clerks like this...
Old 08-06-2008, 03:33 PM
Muted one day, Banned the next....... Ah the life of a DTR 1%'er

We had the same problem at work. One of our workers went inside a local station to give the credit card to the clerk so he could fill up on diesel. After filling up he went back into the staion and signed the reciept. What he didn;t know was the fact that the staion clerk stole the number off the card. When the accounting department recieved the statement there had been $6,000 dollars worth of purchases for gas on that card. Long story short they caught the kid trying to use the card and arrested him for cc theft. All money stolen was returned by the station
Old 08-06-2008, 04:40 PM
Registered

leave your drivers liscense with them instead.
Old 08-06-2008, 06:21 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

the station I usually stop at see my truck enough, they turn the pump on. there is somthing to be said for loyalty.. Then again, the manager there also know that if I have to come inside and pay, thats usually a cup of coffee and doughnut, or a 12 pack, or a red bull along with some snacks. that is going on their inside sales. Nice thing is, this station runs two employees all the time so word gets around alot better to the new people.
Old 08-06-2008, 09:10 PM

Safeway almost always has the cheapest diesel in town. And if you have a stupid club stupid card you get 3 cents off regular price. (Bid deal when diesel is $4.63 a gal!) But anyway they have 18 pumps with diesel at each one. I can only remember going in once for a recite. They always have squeegees w/ water and shop paper towels available. Air is free. That aint bad.
Old 08-06-2008, 09:27 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

thats rare.

my regular stop either has squeegees or water and forget towels.
I have actually seen the kid behind the counter refilling the squeegee tubs with no squeegees available. "Boss told him to do it ever night"

The $0.03/gallon is a dollar your putting in your pocket every time you fill up.

Quick Reply: "Pay at the Pump" is Often Not at the Pump!!@#*!