Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Paul Harvey on Christian Rights

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 11:52 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
There is huge difference between "CHURCH" and belief in God. I don't understand how the courts cannot differentiate between the two. Just the basic definition of a Church is a "building" or a "specific organized religious group". It says nothing about "faith" in God. The ACLU is out to eradicate the word "GOD" from our vocabulary, and to make our nation one that has no more morals. It is their goal to glaze our mind into believing there is no wrong or right.

IndignantBob
Old 12-07-2005, 11:57 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Mexstan
I totally agree. Jesus is the reason for the season and also the "Rock" on which the United States of America was founded.
Dang it! I thought the USA was founded on Plymouth Rock.
Old 12-07-2005, 06:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by farmer dave
I agree with all of the above. AMEN

This nation was founded on a Christian religion and we as a whole try to make the religion difficult. It isn't difficult, it is just time management.
No this country was founded on the principle of religious freedom, most of the settlers happaned to be christian.
Old 12-07-2005, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Luke S
I don't think we as Christian's should be "muzzled". But, I think some have gotten out of control with some things. Just the other day I heard a commercial on Christian radio where someone was supporting prayer in public schools. How would we like it if the dominant religion in this country was Islam and your children were forced to pray to Allah or whoever it is they pray to, in a public school. You would be outraged, at least I would. Let people pray to whomever they want in Church or at home or any other private place, but don't mandate what other people's children must do at school. I just found it shocking that I was listening to a man promote prayer in public school. It is not up to you or I or the school to teach other people's children about Christ, it is their parents responibility and choice. I am involved with the Evangelism committe at our church, I help to spread the word to adults who want to hear it, not to other peoples kids who may have different belief's. Everybody just needs to take a chill pill these days.
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen. (Matthew 28:18-20)

It is OUR job to teach ALL nations. That doesn't differentiate between adults or children.

I dont think, actually I know, prayer should not be mandated and I don't advocate that it is. I would be willing to bet the man you were listening too was not wanting it MANDATED but rather allowed.

Every year my Children are in school we have to deal with Halloween (pagan holiday adopted by many Catholics), Santa Claus in relations to Christmas, and the Easter Bunny which I still haven't figured out a bunny laying eggs and all that crap. Why do the schools get to teach my Children this? Here evolution is taught but not Creation. What gives them the right?

I'll tell you what gives them the right, WHO EVER SCREEMS LOUDEST IS HEARD!

Go ahead and sit back and say it is not our place to do this or do that but the other side is SCREEMING about what we should and shouldn't be allowed to do.

While again, I don't think mandating prayer should be allowed, if my son and 4 or 5 of his friends want to circle round the flag pole before school and pray who are they hurting? WHAT GIVES THEM THE RIGHT TO SAY HE CAN'T?
Old 12-07-2005, 06:58 PM

What I don't understand is how all of us here follow God, Church, Country, believe in our Troops, and treat one another with kindness (except those that smoke people that need smoking) . Other Special interest groups do the same..the little leagues, adult sports leagues, the bowling league, the model airplane guys. With all these people being reasonable to each other, how the heck do these anti establishment groups get away with ripping us apart??? are we letting them or is there some other force out there??

In working 50+ years for a living I've never come across a work place that didn't follow this. Some maybe didn't believe In God but patriotism, reasonable to others live and let live always seems primary. But go to the kids school and what do you see...one nation under God off the pledge,....movement to take in God we trust off the dollar bill...10 Commandments gone..what's going on here.

These people that make this stuff up need to go over to the ____stan countries or the ___ak, ____ia countries and see what our freedom is really worth.

Maybe they should read the American history books. Maybe that don't have the history books we had.

About 2 months ago I sat down and looked around and decided to smile even when I'm grumpy, say good morning to anyone close, and try to be a happy and a nice person again nomatter what.
A couple nights ago it was well down near 0 and the wind was howling. There was a young guy stuck in the intersection with a dead Dodge 1/2 ton with a plow. People were blowing their horns and actually rolling down the windows in the cold to give 1 finger salute. I pulled up alongside and asked if I could help. He says "I can't believe you'd stop with all these crazies here". I said "watch this". I pulled out in front and blocked the whole intersection getting a few 1 fingers too. I smiled and waved. I dug out my big tow strap and we hooked him up and I dragged him off to the parking lot. He was so happy that someone would stop. I couldn't help any more as he had broken something and his wife came to give him a ride home. He tried to give me $20 and I said Merry Christmas you keep it for the repair. have a good day.

Smile it may be the last thing you do.

Old 12-07-2005, 07:03 PM

Good for you bentwings!
Old 12-07-2005, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Luke S
I don't think we as Christian's should be "muzzled". But, I think some have gotten out of control with some things. Just the other day I heard a commercial on Christian radio where someone was supporting prayer in public schools. How would we like it if the dominant religion in this country was Islam and your children were forced to pray to Allah or whoever it is they pray to, in a public school. You would be outraged, at least I would. Let people pray to whomever they want in Church or at home or any other private place, but don't mandate what other people's children must do at school. I just found it shocking that I was listening to a man promote prayer in public school. It is not up to you or I or the school to teach other people's children about Christ, it is their parents responibility and choice. I am involved with the Evangelism committe at our church, I help to spread the word to adults who want to hear it, not to other peoples kids who may have different belief's. Everybody just needs to take a chill pill these days.

"How would we like it if the dominant religion in this country was Islam "

Simply put it isn't , the dominant religion in OUR country is Christian and if it offends others ----too bad
Old 12-07-2005, 07:58 PM

noticed someone quoting math 28:19-20 a few threads ago. i dont see any out there doing that except for 1 group that are persistent. anyone else that tries it usually fizzles out after a week or 2. seems too me they have Gods backing because this work would not continue without it.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:13 PM
DTR's Self Appointed Beer Advisor

Hey Hoss.... How's it going?? Me? good, real good. How's the family? Good. Mine?... Great! Katelyn's growing like a weed. Almost crawling right now and she can say Da Da which is really making my wife mad......

I figure you were expecting me to post so I didn't want to disappoint you.

Merry Christmas....

Britt

Old 12-07-2005, 09:18 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by t-7 firefighter
Merry Christmas....

Britt

That's awefully "Christian" of you, are you sure you didn't mean Happy Holidays, or Festive Yule, or Season's Greetings?

phox
Old 12-07-2005, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by phox_mulder

That's awefully "Christian" of you, are you sure you didn't mean Happy Holidays, or Festive Yule, or Season's Greetings?

phox
As they say... When in Rome.

Thought it was a nice gesture only a few would get.

Britt

Old 12-07-2005, 09:28 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Why is it that America is supposed to be the "melting pot" for all cultures, but it seems that the culture that founded the country isn't welcome in that pot?

Christianity is the dominant religion in this country, but we're not looking to stop anyone else from practicing their religion. If we did, there would be a supreme outcry from all the "civil liberties" groups. But it doesn't seem to be an issue that anyone is out trying to silence Christianity.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:35 PM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by t-7 firefighter
Hey Hoss.... How's it going?? Me? good, real good. How's the family? Good. Mine?... Great! Katelyn's growing like a weed. Almost crawling right now and she can say Da Da which is really making my wife mad......

I figure you were expecting me to post so I didn't want to disappoint you.

Merry Christmas....

Britt

Just dandy. Glad to hear you're doing well too...and the family as well. Ha!! My boy said DaDa long before he said MaMa and it just KILLED my wife. She used to get mad at ME because I thought it was funny.

Anyway, I thought you might post, but I'm confident that you realize this thread was in no way directed at you so I also thought you might just ignore it. Either way. Your input is always welcome (in fact I could have used you on the airplane and the conveyor thread).

Merry Christmas to you too.

Shane
Old 12-07-2005, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by Hoss
Your input is always welcome (in fact I could have used you on the airplane and the conveyor thread).

Merry Christmas to you too.

Shane
Well... Believe it or not, I have to agree with you. The plane wouldn't take off.

Britt

Old 12-07-2005, 10:18 PM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think that must be the THIRD time we have agreed on something. What is the world coming to??

Quick Reply: Paul Harvey on Christian Rights