Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Parris Island SDI breakroom. (sailors and janitors welcome) 070429-070505

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 07:00 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Well it looks like those NY weenies are finally gonna try & deliver my project plane. Man those guys are a bunch of untrained, no discipline, aviator wannabes. Maybe cause they have regular jobs?

Work has really heated up in the last few weeks, not a lot of time to drink coffee with DTR's finest.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:34 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Dieseldude4x4
My son, who prefers to wear the pee pot type helmet ( I call it, like a bump cap ) did not feel as good. He found out that rain drops at 55 mph don't feel too good.
Um, let's see, how to put this delicately... SLOW DOWN!

Originally Posted by Redleg
Then hopefully on to Chaikwas sunday... Hopefully bring up the welding skill level a bit too. Want to make some road armor for the blazer.
We'll get it so no deer can even make a dent. 'Course, your mileage might drop a tad... you wouldn't mind 5 miles per gallon if you knew you had the piece of mind that the front end was indestructable, would you?

Originally Posted by Geico266
Work has really heated up in the last few weeks, not a lot of time to drink coffee with DTR's finest.
Oh suuuure... "I'm a big important Lizard now. No time for the DTR guys. I have things to do"
Whoop-de-doooooo.

's weak, looks too light, can almost see thru the pot, not hot enough either.

Grumblin'CrankyJanitorChaikwa.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:42 AM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I saw some donuts this morning, their crawling again. (Quit putting them beside the nuclear coffee pot!!!)
I'm headed into town to get a steel toe boot voucher from work. That way I have my stuff ready before I get to work Monday. Then hopefully I can get my horse caught AND get my trailer out of it's parking spot (it's a little muddy out).
Duallyabouttoheadhomefortheweekenddogout
Old 05-03-2007, 07:46 AM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by chaikwa
We'll get it so no deer can even make a dent. 'Course, your mileage might drop a tad... you wouldn't mind 5 miles per gallon if you knew you had the piece of mind that the front end was indestructable, would you?
Armor it all around and if anything hits you, it'll pay for it's self, even counting the loss of mileage.It wouldn't be a bad idea to run cross beams under the truck if you put too much on though.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:48 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

It'll be close, I have some nerf bar ideas and rear bumper, later too. Maybe a food processor on the bumper instead of a winch, then I can convert the deer to biofuel to make up for the loss in mileage...
Old 05-03-2007, 07:58 AM

Mornin. Woke up and I think someone must have moved us to the coast, foggy like pee soup fog. This should make the commute interesting. Hopefully it will burn off later in the morning.

Redleg Just phone up Hat if you want to get some real road armor, I'm sure he could arrange to get something That looks good but at the same time is a practical grocery getter. Not to mention everyone stays out of your way on the roads.

Gota run works calling.
Have fun and drive safe
Old 05-03-2007, 08:16 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good Mornign Guys!!!!

dlast night the BOSS decided she wants to SELL the trailer we just went all the way to Michigan to get...... breath chris, dotn kill her yet, she maynot have signed that insurance paperwork.... I just dont understand her reasoning sometimes!

Hat, got a co-worker who wants to know " is he killing bodies yet"???
(Sgt Heston, USMC-but got better....... )

He also says something about " death smiles at everyone, but Drill Instructors smile back".......whatever...........

is good and thick, could use soem Powerservice tho, kinda watery...

tryingtofigureawomanoutandgettingaheadache........ .......CD
Old 05-03-2007, 08:23 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Chrisreyn
dlast night the BOSS decided she wants to SELL the trailer we just went all the way to Michigan to get......
That's to make room for the new puppy I bet! Do you prefer black, yellow or chocolate?

chaikwa.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:37 AM
DTR College Boy and FUN SIZED!!!!!!!!!!

GOOOOD MORNING! How is everyone? Good here, 0630; just got into work a bit ago; stopped and got some BAGELS to bring in for everyone!!! Ah well, I've got stuff to do. Enjoy
Josh
Old 05-03-2007, 10:41 AM

That's to make room for the new puppy I bet! Do you prefer black, yellow or chocolate?

chaikwa.
I prefer Chocolate, but thats only in easter bunnies.....
No, we got a really really great price on this trailer, almost 10K below what thery are selling for online for its year and condition..... now she is thinking we should resell it , take the profit and buy an even bigger and nicer one....
she is eyeing one in northern New Jersey this time.... I dont know if me and the old truck can take it...
Old 05-03-2007, 10:52 AM
DTR Mom

Wink that only works in the movies...

No, we got a really really great price on this trailer, almost 10K below what thery are selling for online for its year and condition..... now she is thinking we should resell it , take the profit and buy an even bigger and nicer one....
she is eyeing one in northern New Jersey this time.... I dont know if me and the old truck can take it...
easier to decide what dress to lay her out in for the funeral....j/k

If I can help you on that (inspect it, send video or pics) I can haul it to the Mississippi. can't do the road trip through Iowa, NY mountain folks can't process flat land( like hamsters on a treadmill)

GEICO my man! NY wannabe here! those guys from Syracuse only think anything college sports is important, say you are a former 'Orange' linebacker and they'll be there before the steak supper cools.

Good time to toss on those Jeep axles too REDLEG! Chaikwa doesn't know I taught jake 'mechanics'; just to lend a paw...you do know how heavy Scott builds right??!!! beyond Hummer- you'll have a whole Sunday church choir!!
Old 05-03-2007, 10:52 AM
Administrator

...I dont know if me and the old truck can take it.
Oh, the truck will do fine. The old owner on the other hand...

chaikwa.
Old 05-03-2007, 11:05 AM

Oh, the truck will do fine. The old owner on the other hand...

chaikwa.
exactly......
Old 05-03-2007, 04:18 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Afternoon DTRonians! Took a break from the paperwork to stop in and say hello...
Been a long couple of days. Recruits are dropping like flies... just can't take the stress of recruit training. I'm having a blast, tho. Nothing but fun for me.

Thanks for the presant, Scotty and Heidi! The kids will love the picture thing, I liked it, too!

Well, better get back at it. Lots more stuff to do. Gettin sick pretty good, I was wondering when the recruit crud was going to get me...
Old 05-03-2007, 04:24 PM
Mrs. missin on a mission & keeper of the can

Hello all! Thought I would stop in and give ya'll some Coffee,Chocolates,Muffins,donuts and Protein Bars.Enjoy! Gotta go ,see ya'll in the morning.Cin

Hope everyone is well!!!

Quick Reply: Parris Island SDI breakroom. (sailors and janitors welcome) 070429-070505