Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Parris Island SDI breakroom. (sailors and janitors welcome) 070429-070505

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 06:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Diesel_Storm, what engine is in the El Camino?? I love the looks if those.....uh trucks....no....cars....no. I've got it, classic vehicles. Now is my logic wrong here.

With no wait and room for a huge engine, you add slick and a turbo-400 and it is one of the best drag vehicles right? Or is it just easier to make'em spin?

WHO IS USING MY CAULDRON FOR THE DTR SPITTOON!!! *wheres my scape-goat?* Janitor, you didn't like my coffee the other day did you?

Originally Posted by dieselJon
chaikwa, I added some paint thinner to help me drink it, not use the ax to get that jaw breaker to a size that I can at least swallow!
I make some good coffee for once and SOMEONE got mad! Oh well, tomorrows coffee...

Loved the drinks CIN. I need it after Janitors coffee

berner, we, the public, are microsofts testing crew....but they make money off of us. That is why I like Mac's and Linux based systems.

Mad, I comtemplated (sp?) joining the marines after they sent me a brochure this past summer saying I was entitled to 20 grand. Now I am glad I didn't since I have been reading your posts! Take it easy this weekend. Maybe you could start next weeks thread??

Fixed the stacks on my truck while baby-sitting 8 siblings. Now my truck has straight stacks and are about 3" closer to the cab. Sitting cause mom and sis are taking cake decorating classes. Pretty soon mom and younger sis will open the bakery some time this summer. I and the family are the official testers. No more unpaid, hardly working...I mean working hard employee's.

Night all!

Jon
Old 05-05-2007, 07:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i dunno about the drag part. i only had mine on the 1/4 once. it was runnin the stock trans and stock 305 and ran a best of 19 seconds.

as for the car or truck thing, according to the DMV it is classified as a truck and says truck on the title.

the engine in it, is a 1970, .40 over (.040 is my logic is off on that?) 350. so it would be a 358 (to be exact, 357). it has alum. pistons, Pete Jackson gear drive, Holley Street Dominator intake, and a Holley 650 Double Pumper. as of right now that is all i know about it. no idea what cam is in it or anything else. dont even know what reman. company it came from (po told me but i cant remember).
Old 05-05-2007, 07:39 PM

So with all the mods it get about 12 gallons to the mile? J/K

Have fun with it and be safe. When my dad sees a bike rider with out a helmet, he says "There goes a donor cycle." We dont need your body parts all over the road! My ford f-150 has .040 pistons in it. I am trying real hard to get it running again. Timing and I think I blew a relay or something. Darn EFI!

Rant off.

Jon
Old 05-05-2007, 07:46 PM

when i ran the numbers a while back it came out to about 13 mi/gal. on the highway. which is the same that my dads Gmc 2500 HD crew cab with the 8.1 gets.
Old 05-05-2007, 07:48 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Mad, I comtemplated (sp?) joining the marines after they sent me a brochure this past summer saying I was entitled to 20 grand. Now I am glad I didn't since I have been reading your posts! Take it easy this weekend. Maybe you could start next weeks thread??
Jon
If you are seriously thinking about it, PM me and we'll chat. I won't lie to you, I ain't no recruiter. Best thing that I ever did with my life.

Evening pot's on. Lights are at 2100 tonight, and I'll be doing some mad paperwork. Call if you want to know what's up, pm for the number...
Old 05-05-2007, 08:22 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Diesel_Storm
ohh well, as soon as i am employed again, i am gonna hunt down a posi rear end to go in it.
Join the Corps: Contact a Recruiter - Find a Recruiting Station

Old 05-05-2007, 08:46 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Man, I work a quater mile from the main office of the eastern recruiting reigon. Call me!!
Old 05-05-2007, 08:49 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
WHO IS USING MY CAULDRON FOR THE DTR SPITTOON!!! *wheres my scape-goat?* Janitor, you didn't like my coffee the other day did you?
I make some good coffee for once and SOMEONE got mad! Oh well, tomorrows coffee...
Your coffee was ok for the first try! It's taken me years to perfect the delicate, yet robust flavor that you all enjoy. You'll get the hang of it!

Originally Posted by 04ctd
The Marines are an amazing organization, unmatched by any other branch of the service. However, who do you think they rely on to get 'em goin' in the AM?

chaikwa.
Old 05-05-2007, 09:05 PM

LMBO ^^

Are you saying you moved my *ahem* pot

Takes a man to carry a cauldron

Mad, I said I thought about it. Not gonna do it tho. I know, it would be another paycheck almost, right? I have 3 guys at work trying to get me to join the reserves. Not gonna do it. I can shoot and I can run and have adrenaline pumping hard but that is not for me. Was told by a doc awhile back that I have slight asthma and I feel my back going and.....*starts playing the violin*

Goodnight all!

Jon
Old 05-05-2007, 09:25 PM
DTR College Boy and FUN SIZED!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Mark,

Glad you are having a good time. I know you are keeping your recruits in line, wouldn't expect nothin' less from you.

All is well here, sitting at home like a loser. Two nights in a row. I am the epitome of a boring college student. Anyway, just gonna sit back and throw a DVD in or something. Take care all, enjoy your evening.

Josh
Old 05-06-2007, 12:26 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
we gots a smart janitor