Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

PAGING ALL ALASKAN'S!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2004, 11:10 AM
Muted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You can always turn up the heat to get warm but you can only take so many clothes off before you get arrested to cool off. My wife's cousin moved up to Ankorage 3 months ago and I can't wait to visit. I've been to Northern Minnesota in the winter(Rainey Lake) and I loved it. I've worked outside all my life and wife wonders why I'm in shorts all winter in my house. It gets as cold here as almost anywhere else in the country but not quite as long.
Old 01-04-2004, 06:06 PM

The last time my 2 crazy old aunts made the drive to Alaska, she told us that the mounties sealed her 38 in some type bag and let her pass. She said she asked them what if a bear gets after me, his reply was "Lady, you better have that bear strapped to the hood of your car when you reach the other end, our you'll be our guest for a long time". They may have changed the laws since then, maybe too may old ladies shooting bears
Old 01-04-2004, 06:17 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll have to check on the baggy thing. I don't mind doing that. The last time I went to Canada, many years ago, they said they would hold my weapon at the checkpoint until I came back. Since I was coming back at a different crossing, I passed on it.

I'll see if I can find it on the net.

Thanks for the story. If I didn't know better, I would have guessed it was my Mom and one of her old friends.

CR
Old 01-05-2004, 12:47 PM
JR2

Come on there have to be a few more guys from AK on here.

Not to hijack this thread or the plans for a DTR chapter, but there is a club of sorts up here in Alaska. The Alaska Diesel Bombers is a Dodge Diesel Club that is very loosly associated, not an offical chapter by any means, with the TDR (most of the orig. members came from there) and has around 20 members. Our meetings happen at odd intervals, about once a month or so and we usually have a project of some sort. We get about 10 guys at each meeting and I think I am the only one to make all the meetings (it helps that a bunch of them have been at my house ). The point of all this is that any one is welcome to come on by. I have invited AKDSLDOG to the next meeting and I would like to extend an invite to any one who happens to be in Alaska and would like to come. I will be sure to post an announcement for the next meeting here on DTR.

Happy Bombing..
Old 07-19-2004, 12:45 PM

Alaska Diesels - Test & Tune Night @ Palmer Strip!!!

This Wednesday night is Test and Tune night at the Palmer drag strip. $25.00 gets you as many runs as you want, just get back in line. Gates open around 5:00pm. Last Test and Tune night the fastest diesel was a Powerstroke running 14s. We can't have that. Bring a helmet or hope you can borrow one. Should be a decent Cummins showing between here and TDR.
Old 07-19-2004, 09:39 PM
Chapter President

Where is the Palmer strip?
Old 07-19-2004, 11:22 PM

http://www.akracewaypark.com/
Old 07-20-2004, 10:56 AM

I'll be there first week of Oct. Can't wait! I'll be at Elmendorf for 3 yrs. Taking the Alcan up towing the wifes rig on my car carrier. Hopefully the Alcan won't be too bad. When I get there I'll join up w/ the Alaska DTR chapter. -Steve
Old 07-20-2004, 01:49 PM
JR2

Okay Alaskans, we are going to the strip. Anyone coming from Anchorage or Eagle River, meet in the Fred Meyer parking lot in Eagle River at 5:00. We will leave the lot at 5:15 so we can get to the Tech inspection in time. I will bring an extra helmet if any one needs one.

John
Old 07-20-2004, 02:31 PM

Alcan

Originally posted by CTDinMT
I'll be there first week of Oct. Can't wait! I'll be at Elmendorf for 3 yrs. Taking the Alcan up towing the wifes rig on my car carrier. Hopefully the Alcan won't be too bad. When I get there I'll join up w/ the Alaska DTR chapter. -Steve
Steve:

When you get back please let us know how the roads are. I would like to do this trip next summer. 4K miles each way - sounds like a long vacation. Later.

John (DH)
Old 07-20-2004, 11:51 PM

"Since our friends in Canada won't let me bring my traveling buddies, Smith and Wesson, I though about putting the Red Ram on a ferry. Has anyone done this? Do you have any info?"

http://www.akferry.com/
Old 07-21-2004, 11:25 AM

I'm going to try and make it there tonight...got some work to do on the 4Rnr.
I signed up on www.alaskadtr12.org months ago as Moose10 also, but now the site doesn't work....says "domain temporarily disabled"
Anyway, JR2, please let us know when the next bombers mtg. will be
Also fyi user "ridofpowerstroke" is a fellow Alaskan deployed to Iraq right now