Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Our boys and girls overseas (my boy)

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2003, 09:18 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Our boys and girls overseas (my boy)

Hello everyone,

I do not post a lot as I have been taught that unless I have someting good or impoertant to say, just keep quiet.
That does not mean however that I do not read the posts. Over the past several months I have seen that by far most if not all members here do support our military in the Middle-East, and everywhere else for that matter, even if not the policies that placed them there.
That brings me to share with you that my son has just beed deployed and arrived in Kuwait on the way to Iraq. He is a 2Lt. in the Army. Prayers, toughts and well wishes for him and of course all of our military pesonnel are most apreciated.

Thank for leting me share, best wishes to all.

Peter
Old 11-17-2003, 09:34 PM

Re:Our boys and girls overseas (my boy)

God bless you and your son. I will pray for his safe return and your peace of mind.
I am retired Navy and have been in two of the recent wars there. I have faith that we are doing the right thing.
If your son has an email contact please let me know. I will be happy to write him.
Old 11-17-2003, 09:42 PM
Banned

Thank you.

He is 2Lt. Erick Schlanger and his e-mail is
"proteus375@hotmail.com"
Old 11-17-2003, 11:12 PM

I have been in the military for 12 years, and I know I sure would worry if it were my son, so believe me when I wish your son all the best. Please let him know that not everyone is this country has forgotten our troops. One thing that impressed me about this website from the get-go was all the patriotism I've seen here. So I am sure your son will be in a lot of prayers. Have faith in him and his training and he'll be home before you know it.- Steve
Old 11-18-2003, 12:52 AM

[quote author=CTDinMT link=board=10;threadid=22547;start=0#msg210850 date=1069132351]
Please let him know that not everyone is this country has forgotten our troops. [/quote]

Please let him know that not everyone in Canada has forgotten what the United States does for us and the world. My God keep them and protect them and return them home safely...
Old 11-18-2003, 01:18 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts

As a non American I very much appreciate what the US has done over the years to allow me the freedom I have now (plus give me a nice CTD). I will remember Eric and the other troops in harms way in my prayers.
Old 11-18-2003, 06:34 AM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pete,
May he be blessed with fair winds, following seas, and a couple of good NCO's. A bit of one on one conversation with Sky Six won't hurt either.
He, along with a bunch more, will be in our prayers.

beendoingthisfor35years1month27daysShortround out
Old 11-18-2003, 06:35 PM

I thank your son for his service, as well as the rest of the troops.
I pray for them and our president each day that they will be protected and guided to those who deserve a good old American butt kicking.
Old 11-18-2003, 08:05 PM

Your son and family will be in our thoughts and prayers everyday, and we THANK him for his service to insure our freedom. If you talk to him, tell him to expect an e-mail from us, and if we can help with anything that him or his buddies need, just let us know.
Old 11-18-2003, 08:47 PM

I forgot to post this link, http://www.operationac.com, it's to help supply things to our troops that they can't get over there. You can "adopt" a soldier, or a whole battalion, but I know they would appreciate ANY and ALL help.