Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Other Sites vs. DTR

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2003, 07:49 AM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Other Sites vs. DTR

Just wanted to take a minute to remind everyone about what a great site this is and what great folks we've got running it.

Being a fan of both Ford and Dodge trucks, I frequently visit a Ford truck enthusiast site that I will not name. My signature used to list my current truck along with the last two Fords I have owned. Last night my signature was edited by one of the moderators to show ONLY the Ford trucks. They apparently didn't want me advertising my Dodge.

Anyway, no big deal, but just a reminder to me what a great place this is. Hope everyone sticks around, has some fun and learns a lot for years to come.

Y'all take care.

-Shane
Old 10-25-2003, 08:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:Other Sites vs. DTR

I frequently go to another all Dodge site and it has hardly any traffic. I can't say that I've learned anything from it. Sometimes I won't even go there for a couple of weeks and when I do, there have been no new posts!
This is a great site and there are a lot of knowledgeable people here who are always willing to help.....
Old 10-25-2003, 08:54 AM
DPG

What Hoss said. I've had both a Ford and a GMC diesel, and was a member at their respective sites when I owned them. But I've never found a site like this one, and never felt at home like I do here.

IhateitwhenIagreewithHossDeWain
Old 10-25-2003, 09:07 AM
JKE

Hoss - that was a little shady on their part. Insecurities over there or what! >

my $0.02

This place is intertaining and informative.

John
Old 10-25-2003, 09:25 AM

[quote author=Hoss link=board=10;threadid=21458;start=0#msg201215 date=1067086198]
Just wanted to take a minute to remind everyone about what a great site this is and what great folks we've got running it.

Being a fan of both Ford and Dodge trucks, I frequently visit a Ford truck enthusiast site that I will not name. My signature used to list my current truck along with the last two Fords I have owned. Last night my signature was edited by one of the moderators to show ONLY the Ford trucks. They apparently didn't want me advertising my Dodge.

Anyway, no big deal, but just a reminder to me what a great place this is. Hope everyone sticks around, has some fun and learns a lot for years to come.

Y'all take care.

-Shane
[/quote]
I was on this same site and was banned for changeing back my sig after the edited it. O well guess I will have to go to a better place to ask questions about fords "for my friends"
DM01
Old 10-25-2003, 11:24 AM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Running a public forum is NOT a easy thing to do, trust me! I have owned and operated 5 my self. They are alot of work and very time consuming. This place is by far the best run forum I have ever seen (not joking), I am a member of at least 50+ forums ranging from cars, trucks, wheelers, snowmachines, life, you name it I've chatted, But this place is run with a little style and class. Just one heck of a good group of people! It makes it alot easier on the admins and mods when you have a good crowd! 8)
Old 10-25-2003, 11:36 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

[quote author=02DSLDOG link=board=10;threadid=21458;start=0#msg201284 date=1067099055]
Just one heck of a good group of people! It makes it alot easier on the admins and mods when you have a good crowd! 8)
[/quote]

Amen! And we really DO have the greatest members here!
Old 10-25-2003, 11:57 AM
Chapter President

GOT DTR?

;DI have to agree with everyone. Thier maybe more TDR members from my area attending only thier website, but to me there is more action here,as far as responses and topics go. I would like to see more technical articles and some product testing, but I know that stuff takes money. It is hard to juggle wants and needs on a free forum site. But, I think that we have chosen the best path.

Thanks DTR.
Old 10-25-2003, 12:25 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I'll just jump in and agree with what everyone else is saying. "GOOD JOB". Never been on a site where you can learn so much so fast. We even get to have a little fun too.

Now the Boss wants me to find a site for her Rivieras, but I told her I could not remember how to spell it. ;D

Good Job

Ed
Old 10-25-2003, 12:29 PM
JKE

MOST - that could be arranged if the powers had help. I am sure the companies that are represented here would have no problem with it. They would gain business since individuals would see first hand the improvements that a particular item makes.

I think the biggest value to most of us (or me) would be an exhaust shoot-out ;D. With all of the threads that start with what sounds good, bad, cheap, expensive and on and on....I think it would be popular and helpful to the "real" exhaust makers!

my $0.02

John
Old 10-25-2003, 02:24 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Yep, Hoss, hate to admit it but are right (let's see - - is this "for once" or is it "as usual" )
The general attitude of the posts is mostly positive, very little slamming, respect for one another and nice language. Wow, I have completely quit "attending" several other sites because of the attitudes of the members and admins toward one another. Who needs to read someone ranting on about how their truck (whatever brand) is the best and yours is a big rust bucket. Don't need it.
Thanks Jack and all the crew that help.
GratefulBob
Old 10-25-2003, 07:36 PM

... what everyone else said about this great site. & when are we gonna get new DTR shirts? - my old d-d.org is wearing out.

I have often wondered how Hoss's unnamed enthusiast site never had to change its name to remove the OEM name out of the url? Is the registered trademark et al a diesel only thing, or is Ford a corporate sponsor/silent partner at the site; and making web-forum decisions?
Old 10-25-2003, 07:53 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts

I don't have time to visit many other sites but when I do I don't stay long because of the obvious BS, the mud slinging etc. Nothing useful to be gained from that. Not to mention the blatant bad language.
Anyway, this site IS great, no doubt about that. The mods do a great job and I salute you. OK, OK, the members are great too.
Lots to learn here and even have fun as well. Thanks to all of you. Now everyone give themselves a pat on the back.

Quick Reply: Other Sites vs. DTR