Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

The Original Saturday Night Live

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 11:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Original Saturday Night Live

I was thinking the other day, all you ever see of Saturday Night Live on tv or satillite are the ones from mid 80's to now. Why dont they show the good ones from when the show was new? You know, the ones with John Belushi, Dan Aykroyd, etc. I've tried looking on amazon and they dont even have anything on VHS or DVD of the old SNL. What do you guys think about this? Maybe we need to start an internet petiton saying that we want the old ones played and give it to comedy central. Or maybe it's just late and i'm just ranting on with no end in site
Old 02-03-2005, 06:59 AM

Another one I liked was the show that was on around the same time frame that was out of Canada and had Martin Short, Eugene Levy, John Candy, Gilda Radner, and a bunch of other no-names at the time - I think it was called "Second City TV" -- alot of alumni from that show went on to be very successful in the comedy/motion picture industry.

Man, that was a way-back moment - haven't thought of them in years........
Old 02-03-2005, 07:18 AM

Is that the show where I think martin played a goofy character(it's been so long, I think he always had on orange outfits or maybe an orange shirt) who had a hair do kinda like alfalfa from the little rascals? If i am remembering correctly, the character got it's own cartoon show, but I'm not sure how long it was on.
Old 02-03-2005, 07:43 AM

Brings back vague stirrings of memory from those many years ago. Actually, I think that the movie Martin Short made where he played the little boy was loosely based on that character.

Most of the Canadian comics that have made a name for themselves were on that show. Between them and the original SNL it used to be mandatory to be home on Saturday nights at 11:30.
Old 02-03-2005, 07:45 AM

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075578/
Old 02-03-2005, 07:55 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Yep, I was a fan of the original SNL and Second City TV.

MikeyB
Old 02-03-2005, 06:45 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What about the Ed Sullivan show? THAT was a cool show. I have a ton of old Ed Sullivan clips that I love; you every band that was a band showed up on the Ed Sullivan show. The Rolling Stones, Beatles, Steppenwolf, the Doors- everybody.

We don't need the old Ed Sullivan show as much as a new one...