Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Opie and anthony on XM radio

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2005, 07:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Opie and anthony on XM radio

Any one listen to them? I can't believe how funny they are, with the Big A and Twitchels doing the news and betting on when Twitchels is going to have a tourettes moment, haha its great! anyone else?
Old 12-22-2005, 07:38 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I was a EVERY Day listener when they were on WSP (94.1 out of Philly)

They are the funniest radio show I have ever heard. They were just too cutting edge and vulgar for the FCC I guess.

Are you aware why they were suspended for 2 years?

They used to have Jim Norton on there several times a month, I ended up seeing him do his stand up routine in Baltimore,
Dude is sick, I cried at some of the stuff he came up with.
Old 12-22-2005, 08:31 PM

I listen most mornings. Norton is still there but he is doing some acting and standup so he is gone alot. They are funny but filthy. Cant have the kid in the car and be on xm 202.
Old 12-22-2005, 08:43 PM

All I have to say is:
WOW
Old 12-23-2005, 06:41 AM

anyone have a WOW sticker? or a gangsta *** CD? haha
Old 12-23-2005, 07:18 AM

O&A Rocks!! I'd listen to them long before Stern

Problem is I'm never in the truck of a morning, so I have to catch the reruns later on

Oh well, it's worth it
Chris
Old 12-23-2005, 07:25 AM

I used to listen to them every day when they first moved to New York. I remember being bummed when they got thrown off the air. But you can't have any kids within 200 ft of a radio with them on.
Old 12-23-2005, 07:42 AM
P.J
Banned

I may never get a chance to hear them. I am getting Sirius before the New Year, had to do it. I have listened to Stern for almost ten years now, plus I like Sirius's channels overall.

Yeah, about the kids, it's going to be the same for me. I won't be able to hear Howard from 7:30 to 8:00 while I take my son to the bus stop. I'm hoping it's not just an all out "F" fest, I guess I'll find out soon enough.

When I saw Jim Norton, he killed, there was only about 50 people there, not even 25% capacity. He was one of my favorite parts of O&A, how he would call himself pastey and chubby. I also liked how when a a caller would get ready to hang up they would say "Hey, wait, one more thing", ....... then hang up on them anyway.

Sounds dumb, but it is the funniest thing to hear.
Old 12-23-2005, 01:43 PM

Hey PJ , One more thing........

Been a faithful listener since they came on in NY years ago . Got the WoW sticker on the back window . So far its worked only 1 time but that 1 time was well worth it LoL
Old 12-23-2005, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by P.J
....Are you aware why they were suspended for 2 years? ......
Yeah..... I was listening to the broadcast in question..... DirecTV is now carrying a lot of XM channels, and O&A is one of them. I'm getting Sirius next week specfically to listen to Howard. I've been listening to him for nearly 20 years. We also take a lot of trips, and it would be nice to not have to keep switching stations along the way.
Old 12-23-2005, 05:42 PM
P.J
Banned

Originally Posted by Commatoze
Yeah..... I was listening to the broadcast in question..... DirecTV is now carrying a lot of XM channels, and O&A is one of them. I'm getting Sirius next week specfically to listen to Howard. I've been listening to him for nearly 20 years. We also take a lot of trips, and it would be nice to not have to keep switching stations along the way.
Cool, I think we are only the 970 thousandth person to do to that this holiday season. I was actually going to just suck it up and give Lee Roth a try, but my lovely wife decided I deserved Sirius. She was so excited she couldn't keep the secret. She got me a hard wired set up (new head unit, which I desperately needed anyway). I also got two new speakers to replace the front doors and I have a single sub that I bought from a member here almost a year ago and have yet to hook up.

I have confidence in Stern, I think he's going to put on a good show. If I'm wrong, I still have one great radio and like you said, won't have to search around for channels while on road trips.

Can't wait to get it all installed!
Old 01-05-2006, 02:49 AM

I've been listening to O&A since 2001 and downloaded everything that I can get from them(35 CD's of mp3 shows). Thank god for SU!!!! The only thing that I'm about is that Breuer can't come on the show.....stupid doggy company!!!!!!!

O&A PARTY ROCK!!!!!!!