Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Olympic size Bathroom and Breakroom 2/16 - 2/22

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 09:05 AM
REALLY old dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GOOD MORNING FELLOW DTRotarions !

Trying to figure out what people are really saying !

When some one (notably a relative) says I can`t afford to pay that much (when in actuality I`m paying the bill )

1 that i`m cheap
2 or they are trying to impress you of their thriftiness

WHAT ARE THEY REALLY SAYING ?

CLAUDE
Old 02-19-2014, 09:14 AM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by NE frmhnd
Sounds like the father of the hired hand we had when we milked cows. Dry summer, he decided to brushhog his swamp with his International 240. When it got stuck he called the neighbor to pull him out. When it got stuck they got another tractor. When it got stuck they called another neighbor. Had nearly 300 horse stuck trying to pull out this little 30 HP tractor and 5 ft brushhog out of the swamp. Nothing else left to pull with, so his wife fired up her Scout and pulled them all out with it.
One time I found the neighbor in trouble. He had a ditch dug to drain a small cat tail swamp, and had decided to clean up the mess at the end of the ditch. He wound up with his cable cat high centered on a big mound of cat tail muck, both tracks hanging. Other neighbor tried to pull it out with a Big farm tractor and just broke chains or spun. I brought over my 1952 binder with a Demster boom rig on it. Hooked up and slid backward. Hooked up again, dug in, dead headed to the farm tractor, had the tractor dig down, and pulled. Immediately took out a shear pin. they started to give me a rough time, and said "I told you it wouldn't get it." I said, "That was a test run, lets get serious." I put in a fresh pin, dragged the ****** block out to the Cat, fired up full power into the 12 ton Tulsa winch, and dragged that Cat off the muck like a Tonka toy.

That poor truck is pretty well shot now. Hydraulic cylinder on the boom is blown, boom's held up by pipes. Barely starts, doesn't idle decently, about zero oil pressure, a flat inside rear tire, 2 broken windows, half a front fender and all the lights missing. Still does a heavy lift once in awhile when asked.
Old 02-19-2014, 10:07 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by j_martin
One time I found the neighbor in trouble. He had a ditch dug to drain a small cat tail swamp, and had decided to clean up the mess at the end of the ditch. He wound up with his cable cat high centered on a big mound of cat tail muck, both tracks hanging. Other neighbor tried to pull it out with a Big farm tractor and just broke chains or spun. I brought over my 1952 binder with a Demster boom rig on it. Hooked up and slid backward. Hooked up again, dug in, dead headed to the farm tractor, had the tractor dig down, and pulled. Immediately took out a shear pin. they started to give me a rough time, and said "I told you it wouldn't get it." I said, "That was a test run, lets get serious." I put in a fresh pin, dragged the ****** block out to the Cat, fired up full power into the 12 ton Tulsa winch, and dragged that Cat off the muck like a Tonka toy.

That poor truck is pretty well shot now. Hydraulic cylinder on the boom is blown, boom's held up by pipes. Barely starts, doesn't idle decently, about zero oil pressure, a flat inside rear tire, 2 broken windows, half a front fender and all the lights missing. Still does a heavy lift once in awhile when asked.
We had on old hand-clutch TD9 with a winch we kept around for a long time after we got the TD8. Every now and then someone would call needing something big pulled out. The real operators would fire their machine back up and back out of the hole while we were unloading.

I'm headed to a friend's place. His grandfather died 2 weeks ago and I haven't seen him. He was described to me last night as having his head screwed on sideways.
Old 02-19-2014, 11:12 AM

Received 453 Likes on 344 Posts
I was on the farm health plan too. What little I got sick wasn't much or for long.
Lot of snow this AM. Did my best to annoy everyone on the roads.
Uncle pervy camouflage. All my nieces are my age +- a couple years.
Getting stuck. A logger told me this one. Sent out a tractor rig to fetch a trailer of logs. Truck got stuck in a peet bog. Sent out another truck to fetch him. Stuck. Sent out a Cat. Stuck. Sent out a skidder. He was smart enough to anchor and use his winch. He pulled them all out.
Old 02-19-2014, 11:12 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
All this talk of recovering equipment makes me want to be back in a recovery section in the army.
I can remember pulling trucks tanks anything out of places that's impossible to get into. The ultimate recovery vechiel M88A1.
Old 02-19-2014, 11:22 AM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Now that would be a hoot!

Old 02-19-2014, 11:48 AM
DTR Mom

Originally Posted by railroaderone
All this talk bof recovering equipment makes me want to be back in a recovery section in the army.
I can remember pulling trucks tanks anything out of places that's impossible to get into. The ultimate recovery vechiel M88A1.
Tank retriever? I want the new mine setter construction apv.
as a MP at 100 pounds and shy of 5 feet, they would tape wood blocks on the M52 (wrecker) when doing a recovery or massive wreck (convoy stupid we called them). owned and operated towing company in ski country for ten years. stupid doesn't cover it....

gorgeous Stan kinda day 47 degrees. bike down n back from dealer to check out my work (wheel alignment, torque specs and angle sensor, in tank fuel pump sensor and fire it up) inspection done. seventy bucks. cheaper then the cat vet visit.......

out to clean up the 2nd story barn, take it back from the bats and hotel guest raccoon.
Old 02-19-2014, 11:59 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by Justwannabeme

out to clean up the 2nd story barn, take it back from the bats and hotel guest raccoon.
Whoops looks like I am going to lose my hidey hole....oh well good to know at least that my raccoon disguise worked ........gonna miss those bats
Old 02-19-2014, 01:23 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
J Martin it can be a blast that's a M88a2 looks like the recovery range at Ft Knox what's fun is blasting through a mud hole up I the boom
Old 02-19-2014, 04:04 PM
DTR Mom

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Whoops looks like I am going to lose my hidey hole....oh well good to know at least that my raccoon disguise worked ........gonna miss those bats
then you should have thanked me for the towel you used to wash with; the 'private spot' for your potty you covered with sawdust; and the midnight snack bats you found delicious. your bed of insulation and hide out inside the brand new men's urinal/box was a five star rating....hope you have visa.

ahhhh, nice to clear out and so much more to do. instead of working on one project, chose to get things off the barn floor. me thinks a lot of water is coming the next two days. feel like a race mechanic: have Harley in enclosed trailer we outfitted for camping, heat, light, tools, and detail parts to fine tune Harley for lots of road travel. getting the reigns on new projects, ideas, travel, finances, whatever. whoooaaaaa! want time to smell the roses this year.

where is Shorts? report before detail is sent out...
Old 02-19-2014, 04:09 PM

A touch of mild Italian sausage sure does liven up spaghetti sauce.
I do know better than to try to eat more than a couple bites of it at a time though.
Friend was at his cousin's this morning. Or so he says. What I've heard he needs to get away for a day and relax. I know how stressful it can be where he's at right now.
Old 02-19-2014, 04:34 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
then you should have thanked me for the towel you used to wash with; the 'private spot' for your potty you covered with sawdust; and the midnight snack bats you found delicious. your bed of insulation and hide out inside the brand new men's urinal/box was a five star rating....hope you have visa.
Yes I do indeed thank you for the comfy arrangements....please charge it to my Visa and toss a couple hundreds on it for you as a tip from me

where is Shorts? report before detail is sent out...
Like you I am becoming concerned.....I am ready to make a phone call and send in a team to break her out.....Shorts where are you? WE MISS YOU!
Old 02-19-2014, 07:38 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Originally Posted by chaikwa
Middle of the night snacks HAVE to be cake, pie, ice cream or pizza. It's a law, look it up!
As I have said before, I don't make the rules.
So, you of course are correct and I will try to do better tonight.

Originally Posted by Mexstan
-So, if I am to understand this correctly, one is required to become the recipient of bad news before being allowed to make a post about gorgeous weather. That smacks of favoritism!
As I have said before, I don't make the rules.
The vote was held last November 13th at 0200 in the basement of the BodyCandy tattoo parlor in Belle Fourche, SD.
Neither you or Bob chose to show up.
Where I stayed in China it was in a 5 star hotel that catered to foreigners, so consequently the toilets in the hotel were western style sitting toilets. At work we had the Asian style squatting toilets which I detest.
Other than being away from family/friends it sounds pretty nice for awhile.
I could barely do the Asian style toilets 30 years ago. My knee and center of gravity would really make it interesting now.
Hard to be accurate when waving your arms and doing the shuffle.

Originally Posted by old dog
When some one (notably a relative) says I can`t afford to pay that much (when in actuality I`m paying the bill )
1 that I'm cheap
2 or they are trying to impress you of their thriftiness
WHAT ARE THEY REALLY SAYING ?
Well, if I was to say it, I would mean:
I really like it and I'm glad you paid for it-- and -- if the situation comes up again, you have already been notified that I can't afford it
(even though I probably could and am just a cheap skate) and will gladly allow you to pay for it again.

(wheel alignment, torque specs and angle sensor, in tank fuel pump sensor and fire it up) inspection done. seventy bucks.
That is pretty reasonable. Been over two years now since we got rid of the last street bike. Sometimes I really miss it.

Originally Posted by NE frmhnd
His grandfather died 2 weeks ago and I haven't seen him.
Sounds like they must have been close.

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Yes I do indeed thank you for the comfy arrangements....please charge it to my Visa and toss a couple hundreds on it for you as a tip from me
Heidi, be careful. That's his Batman Visa and any charges made on it outside of Gotham city will go back to you.

Originally Posted by Scotty
Hi
You getting settled into the new job yet?
Going home to the family at night still fun?
Found anything interesting in your nose lately?
`
Old 02-19-2014, 07:50 PM

Sounds like they must have been close.
When his dad left his mom, his grandfather adopted him to get his dad completely out of the picture. Seems to be a real piece of work (his dad). He's worked for his grandfather all his life, too, only dad he knew til he was 12 or 13 and his mom remarried.
He's taking care of the cattle right now, don't know what's happening with the place. His grandfather had money (and his uncle has even more- the Springer of Springer-McGrath) and I know he's said that he wants nothing to do with having to split anything up between him, his mom, and his aunt. I hope he at least gets some cattle and enough land that he can get started on his own. He's talked about moving to West Virginia to work coal but he'd be miserable underground.
The vote was held last November 13th at 0200 in the basement of the BodyCandy tattoo parlor in Belle Fourche, SD.
That vote was at Belle Fourche? What the heck vote did I go to in Wahpeton then?
Old 02-19-2014, 08:56 PM
DTR Mom

[QUOTE=Bark;3225800]As I have said before, I don't make the rules.
Neither you or Bob chose to show up.

Heidi, be careful. That's his Batman Visa and any charges made on it outside of Gotham city will go back to you.[QUOTE]

South Dakota, nekkid people, music. yeah. I was there, I voted for everything.....might have had one or two. got the 'Rules R Made to be Broken' helmet sticker. tattoo free. went to an old folks home when very young, cured me forever of having a tattoo....

Batman is right, Top is suave, sophisticated and can look good in tights...LEGGS! but the mask has got to go, raccoon or not.....

Quick Reply: Olympic size Bathroom and Breakroom 2/16 - 2/22