Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Olympic size Bathroom and Breakroom 2/16 - 2/22

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2014, 06:51 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Mexstan
It has been a rough couple of days. On Sunday morning we received one of those dreaded middle of the night phone calls. 01:05 actually. My wife's oldest brother was found dead.
Somebody else can make the coffee and the infamous ph00.
Sorry to hear the news about the bro-in-law. Always tough when you have no time to brace for the happening. Such a shock and change. Prayers are with the family. As for the ph00, you have it so wonderful over there the least you could is make the coffee - - - AND PH00. ..........................

Ok, coffee, ph00, hot water, fresh nanner bread on the counter. Come get it.

Bob
Old 02-18-2014, 06:54 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
Just went back and read a few more posts and stopped when I came to Bob's fantastic news. Thank's for confirming that God answers prayer. I have been praying daily that the family would be home by the end of February, and now it is going to happen!!! God is not only good, but faithful too. Now I want to hear that Ianna will soon be totally off all meds for the rest of her life.
PTL!!!!!!

This news made my day!!!!!!
Old 02-18-2014, 07:53 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Mexstan
Just went back and read a few more posts and stopped when I came to Bob's fantastic news. Thank's for confirming that God answers prayer. I have been praying daily that the family would be home by the end of February, and now it is going to happen!!! God is not only good, but faithful too. Now I want to hear that Ianna will soon be totally off all meds for the rest of her life.
PTL!!!!!! This news made my day!!!!!!
Thanks friend. It made ours too. We have been doing the Bark dance around here. Couldn't find any shrews so just figured it was realization that God does answer prayers. Ianna will be treated and watched closely for the next two years if all goes well. Her schedule when back on the island is one trip per week into Seattle for treatment until they reach one of their markers. At that time, the schedule is changed based on the numbers. She is very upbeat and has her joyous personality back and starting to "take charge" of caring for the twins. So funny to hear the stories. She is going to be a CEO of some big company - - I can see it now.

(ssssshhhh, don't tell the rest of the gang - - weather I gorgeous here too. Heading toward, and maybe reach, 80 today. Shorts, T's, Kino's - yeh)

Packing up to head out to Lake Tahoe on Thursday. I will be harder to find for a while.
MORE.................................
Old 02-18-2014, 07:58 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Hi

Bye
Old 02-18-2014, 08:13 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Stan, my deepest condolences on your loss, we will be sending prayers for you and your lovely wife from here.
Old 02-18-2014, 08:39 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Sorry for your loss Stan.
Old 02-18-2014, 10:18 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by NE frmhnd

Dang pale moon and AVG aren't playing well together. Had to delete a bunch of cookies and ran malwarebytes to get online. While malwarbytes was running AVG popped up it had fund a trojan horse. While I was offline. But malwarebytes didn't find it.
After Palmoons last update, AVG warns of malware in "addons_con" and auto deletes it, then palemoon freezes up when ran.
I deleted it and reloaded it with no luck, so I'm back to FireFox
Old 02-18-2014, 10:21 AM
Admin Team Leader

Sounds like a false positive with AVG..Pale Moon running smooth as silk here with Bitdefender Anti Virus.

What addons are you or were you running?
Old 02-18-2014, 10:35 AM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Hooked to the front end first? Older tractors have a tendency to snap in half when pulling on the front. It's best if you can hook to the drawbar.
I did it right. I got the back half first.
Old 02-18-2014, 10:56 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by j_martin
I did it right. I got the back half first.
Must have hooked the front on a stump or something.
After Palmoons last update, AVG warns of malware in "addons_con" and auto deletes it, then palemoon freezes up when ran.
I deleted it and reloaded it with no luck, so I'm back to FireFox
Sounds like a false positive with AVG..Pale Moon running smooth as silk here with Bitdefender Anti Virus.

What addons are you or were you running?
It froze up a couple times right after I started this morning and has been smooth since. Got a message that flash player wasn't responding and that was the end of it.

I couldn't load any pages last night, especially this one. it got hung up on "connecting to kona.kontera.com", among about a half dozen others. An AVG screen popped up with a pile of .txt files, I deleted all 14, got back on and it was slow but started loading pages again. While I was deleting (had to do it one at a time...grrrr) the trojan got added to the list. The only thing AVG wanted to do with those files was isolate them, and not delete them.
Old 02-18-2014, 11:50 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Lary & Scotty, thank you.

All this talk about tearing tractors in two reminded me when I was working in Swaziland with the sugar cane farmers. Same type of farming in South Africa. The cane farmers there use mostly self loading cane trailers and load one to two bundles of cane on each trailer. Each bundle weights 3 - 5 tons, so therefore a trailer would carry 6 - 10 tons. They used regular farm tractors for this, M-F, JD and sundry others. Then the same tractor would go on the highway (dirt roads) with that load and take the cane to the mill or a suitable drop point. On the highway, it was top gear and full throttle, 25 - 30 mph. I liked the Same (Italian) tractors. They came in 2, 3, 4, 5 & 6 cylinders, all air cooled diesels. Most were 4 wheel drive.

One farmer used Fiat tractors. These tractors were notorious for breaking in half at the bell housing on the highway. In most cases the back half of the tractor (with the driver) would drop down and dig into the road, then flip over. The 6 - 10 ton load would then run over the driver and the rear end of the tractor, normally killing the driver. Gruesome!
Old 02-18-2014, 11:59 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Tallguy67
JWBM - I noticed a few days back that we hadn't seen Shorts in a while, I am hoping she is spending quality time with DH or on vacation or something and not a bad situation with Chester.
I've been thinking the same thing while at the same time hoping NOT.

Originally Posted by Bark
But ya gotta remember. Picking up any sticky germ laden toddler is like hugging the toilet in the breakroom but with more mutant germs.
Kids are always dripping or oozing some kinda disgusting liquid! I just stay away from 'em.

Wish they could finally make a decision on what has/is causing the rise in severe peanut allergies in kids under 18.
I can tell you what it is... DIRT! When I was a kid, I ate dirt. I played in dirt. I rolled in dirt. I was covered in dirt 99% of the time! And I'm not allergic to anything. Parents today get upset if their kid so much as kneels on the asphalt for fear of getting his pants dirty. Kids aren't developing any immunity to anything because they're not being exposed to anything. And when they ARE exposed to anything, they're made to wash their hands with antibacterial handwash right away. They don't build up any resistance to anything except antibiotics because that's all they're exposed to, in the soap they have to wash their hands with every 5 minutes, in the meat they eat, then at the doctors office they get a direct injection of the stuff as soon as they get a sniffle. If I had a kid the first thing I'd do is throw him in the swamp and let him get a little exposure to stuff! As far as vaccinations go, I'm all for the standard stuff kids get in their very early years, stuff they've been getting for eons and is known to be relatively safe. All this new stuff like flu and pneumonia vaccines... not so much.

Remington arms move. Free samples--love the stores in Mexico.
They give out free gun samples???

Just got done plowing snow again. Started at 0400. Running outta room to put it anywhere.

Gonna take a nap.
Old 02-18-2014, 11:59 AM
Admin Team Leader

Must have hooked the front on a stump or something.

It froze up a couple times right after I started this morning and has been smooth since. Got a message that flash player wasn't responding and that was the end of it.

I couldn't load any pages last night, especially this one. it got hung up on "connecting to kona.kontera.com", among about a half dozen others. An AVG screen popped up with a pile of .txt files, I deleted all 14, got back on and it was slow but started loading pages again. While I was deleting (had to do it one at a time...grrrr) the trojan got added to the list. The only thing AVG wanted to do with those files was isolate them, and not delete them.
Be sure your flash player is updated I think a lot of the hang up issues are associated with out of date software.
Old 02-18-2014, 12:02 PM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by chaikwa

I can tell you what it is... DIRT! When I was a kid, I ate dirt. I played in dirt. I rolled in dirt. I was covered in dirt 99% of the time! And I'm not allergic to anything. Parents today get upset if their kid so much as kneels on the asphalt for fear of getting his pants dirty. Kids aren't developing any immunity to anything because they're not being exposed to anything. And when they ARE exposed to anything, they're made to wash their hands with antibacterial handwash right away. They don't build up any resistance to anything except antibiotics because that's all they're exposed to, in the soap they have to wash their hands with every 5 minutes, in the meat they eat, then at the doctors office they get a direct injection of the stuff as soon as they get a sniffle. If I had a kid the first thing I'd do is throw him in the swamp and let him get a little exposure to stuff! As far as vaccinations go, I'm all for the standard stuff kids get in their very early years, stuff they've been getting for eons and is known to be relatively safe. All this new stuff like flu and pneumonia vaccines... not so much.
We think alike Kemosabe......
Old 02-18-2014, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by chaikwa

Perfect! Not an hour ago I was having a conversation with my wife about how so many people are continuously getting sick and we came to the conclusion that too many people are too clean. Unless people and especially kids, are exposed to some daily germs, (a sort of self inoculation?) as soon as they do come in contact with something harmful, it WILL harm them and then they wonder why they get sick.

Now, having said the above, that does not give some members here permission to go without your daily shower, unless you are one of weird the people of Walmart.

So, don't get too clean! http://www.smartplanet.com/blog/reth...make-you-sick/

Quick Reply: Olympic size Bathroom and Breakroom 2/16 - 2/22