Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Olympic size Bathroom and Breakroom 2/16 - 2/22

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2014, 03:28 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
TallGuy,
I went way out in the woods to help a neighbor with an IH M tractor buried in the mud up to the frame. I couldn't get lined up on it, and tried to decline to pull on it with the 12 ton winch on my boom truck. He insisted I pull it out at about a 40 degree angle, so I did. It took two pulls, one for each half.
Old 02-17-2014, 04:13 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by j_martin
TallGuy,
I went way out in the woods to help a neighbor with an IH M tractor buried in the mud up to the frame. I couldn't get lined up on it, and tried to decline to pull on it with the 12 ton winch on my boom truck. He insisted I pull it out at about a 40 degree angle, so I did. It took two pulls, one for each half.
I was told one pull was all I was allowed when I dragged the entire rear end and suspension out of 1/2 of a 1/2 ton. I can't believe they wanted me to stop after only doing half the job. Turned out the transmission was ahead of a large rock and thats why I only got part of the truck. Couldn't see the rock in the snow. I didn't hook the truck either. I did give the owner a ride to the bar so he could drown his sorrows. Whoops
Old 02-17-2014, 04:49 PM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey JM good 4 U! glad you decided in favor of education and your own research. it seems you live in the boonies like me. zombie defense in? lol

good time with son, nice to hear him being responsible. sunny days and prepping motorcycle makes it tough to deal with frostbite from cold tools.
yeah. ready for the snow to go!

Remington arms , here in NY since 1816 is announcing a new plant in Alabama due to the SAFE act, anti 2nd Amendment atmosphere from NYcity.

gonna get a new/different vehicle soon. want higher milage per gallon, was looking at Chrysler 300 but mechanic friends tell me no way. might have to jump ship and try japan....

where's Shorts? went to liquor store with son, listening to all the new drinks and some really good rums out now...the stuff they were giving out for free (it IS a resort city) would gag a maggot..

off to chill
Old 02-17-2014, 05:21 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
J_Martin and Scotty, owner wasn't upset with me. His kid rolled the car last night so the vehicle was already in rough shape. I think Dad was so happy that sone was fine that everything else was small potatoes. With the bumper out of the way I looked under car to see if I could find a better place to attach the tow strap. I didnt see any good options so that is why I stopped before I pulled the car out a piece at a time. The wrecker who showed up seemed to finish the job with no more damage. Again, the fact that I got the pesky rear bumper out of the way was probably a big help
I have never wished I had a winch before this winter but I am thinking it might be ime to start keeping my eyes open. It will have to go in the truck box or on the read bumber area as the front of the truck is used up by the snowplow.

JWBM - I noticed a few days back that we hadn't seen Shorts in a while, I am hoping she is spending quality time with DH or on vacation or something and not a bad situation with Chester.

Have a good evening everyone, dinner around here will be chorizo, perogies and veggies.
Old 02-17-2014, 06:16 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Afternoon---Evening,

Originally Posted by Totallyrad
I've been hanging around here so much, I thought it said Dr. Sheep.
Last week I think we went for 7 days without talking sheep. I kinda felt lonely.

Originally Posted by Scotty
Something went wonky when I was posting and doing a couple PM's.
Ordered a new cell phone battery for my razor from A4C. Their web site acted a little funny.
So far I have received three identical batteries in three separate orders each for $2.40 with free shipping.
They asked me to wait a week to see how many I get before sending them back.

Originally Posted by chaikwa
Why are you lookin' at... no, nevermind. I don't wanna know.
···········Handballs can be blue, Scotty's berries are too.
··········If you lived next to me, Yours would be blue too.

Originally Posted by FiverBob
MY SEATTLE GANG IS MOVING BACK TO THE ISLAND THIS WEEKEND.
That is great. So happy for them. Sure hope the little one doesn't remember everything about the treatment.

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
keep the faith farmerscot! get a visiting nurse...
And marry her.

got a flu exposure from a toddler while out in California 2012. nothing in my weird medical history brought me closer to kissing a casket that that flu strain.
You were lucky to survive that. But ya gotta remember.
Picking up any sticky germ laden toddler is like hugging the toilet in the breakroom but with more mutant germs.

Originally Posted by NE frmhnd
how many farm kids do you see with severe food allergies or asthma?
Wish they could finally make a decision on what has/is causing the rise in severe peanut allergies in kids under 18.
And it doesn't go away like egg and milk allergies can. Instead it can get way worse the older they get.

Originally Posted by Tallguy67
Oh yeah, and I got to meet some of my newest neighbors.
Later, they were probably saying "Our new neighbor seems nice but I sure wish he would give our bumper back".

Well, you get the prize for demonstrating perfectly the interweaving and application of logical fallacies Straw Man and Guilt by Association.
However it fails because I don't really know who Andrew Wakefield is.
? Ok.
Because you mention I am guilty of Straw Man fallacy I am thinking maybe you were not as serious about not allowing your family vaccinations.
So really, I ask you if you are withholding all vaccinations for your family because you seem serious.
I only ask this question out of curiosity and concern because you stated that you "stopped getting vaccinations for our family".
I also know that it is a personal decision/subject so if you choose not to clarify it I understand though you were the one who brought it up.

The donut had nothing to do with the subject. It was just that I have really been wanting one.

Remington arms , here in NY since 1816 is announcing a new plant in Alabama ..
went to liquor store with son. the stuff they were giving out for free (it IS a resort city) would gag a maggot
Remington arms move.
Free samples--love the stores in Mexico.

Tried to go ice fishing. The lake closest to me still hasn't recovered from the thaw we had.
I could see where a moose had broken through and gotten back out. I don't weigh as much as a moose but don't swim as well either.
`
Old 02-17-2014, 06:50 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by Bark
Wish they could finally make a decision on what has/is causing the rise in severe peanut allergies in kids under 18.
And it doesn't go away like egg and milk allergies can. Instead it can get way worse the older they get.
There are some pollutants and even foods that can cause what is called a leaky gut. The intestine membranes allow undigested proteins to get into the blood stream. I think Glyphosate is one of them, as well as BT protein (from GMO corn). Of course there's big money in roundup ready seed, so research showing bad effects is not funded or buried if it gets done. I've seen some of that research.

Very young children that eat anything except human milk are also in danger of developing allergies. Their gut is normally permeable till about 6-8 months.

? Ok.
Because you mention I am guilty of Straw Man fallacy I am thinking maybe you were not as serious about not allowing your family vaccinations.
So really, I ask you if you are withholding all vaccinations for your family because you seem serious.
I only ask this question out of curiosity and concern because you stated that you "stopped getting vaccinations for our family".
I also know that it is a personal decision/subject so if you choose not to clarify it I understand though you were the one who brought it up.

The donut had nothing to do with the subject. It was just that I have really been wanting one.
`
I am dead serious. I have one child and 2 grandchildren that I believe have been harmed by vaccinations. Maybe it's in the our genes, but I believe common measles is a lot easier to deal with than brain damage. Pertussis, especially in it's current weakened form, is a lot less damaging than epileptic seizures. There's serious problems with HPV vaccination, sometimes causing almost immediate death. I know it's not a very popular solution, but chastity absolutely prevents HPV infection.
Old 02-17-2014, 07:33 PM

Where's the coffee?
Old 02-17-2014, 07:47 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

I am dead serious. I have one child and 2 grandchildren that I believe have been harmed by vaccinations. Maybe it's in the our genes, but I believe common measles is a lot easier to deal with than brain damage. Pertussis, especially in it's current weakened form, is a lot less damaging than epileptic seizures. There's serious problems with HPV vaccination, sometimes causing almost immediate death. I know it's not a very popular solution, but chastity absolutely prevents HPV infection.
That's finally a very clear answer to my statement:
-If you mean you don't get the kids vaccinated for polio, small pox and the other preventable deadly diseases than I am sorry to hear that.
However, I still believe the small risk of a seizure (for most people) far outweighs the possibility of a kid (or adult) suffering or dying from polio, small pox, diphtheria and other preventable diseases. And if everybody starts to leave their kids unimmunized it could result in a terrible pandemic.

Its just me. I realize you feel differently about it.

Very young children that eat anything except human milk are also in danger of developing allergies. Their gut is normally permeable till about 6-8 months.
Yup, That's one of the theory's about the peanut allergy boom.
Giving them peanut products way too soon seems to develop an allergy that gets worse instead of better over time.

And I also think there should be more research done on the HPV vaccination and do not believe it should be mandatory at this point.

Originally Posted by hotdram
Where's the coffee?
I actually think the donut sucked it all up.
That thing could be more dangerous than "The Blob".
(however, nothing is more dangerous than the Bob)
Old 02-17-2014, 08:16 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Well maybe one thing
Old 02-17-2014, 08:21 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

I bet Lary got to see kids dying from Diphtheria.
Unfortunately I got to see lots of things that I wish to God I hadn't......Thankfully they have developed ways of fighting things like that.
Old 02-17-2014, 09:28 PM
Administrator ........ DTR's puttin fires out and workin on big trucks admin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Glad I haven't posted in the breakroom.
Old 02-17-2014, 09:41 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Sure happy someone has come to this realization............

Originally Posted by Hvytrkmech
Yep - - think you are onto something - - out of here and hit the sack after washing and complete scrub down with alcohol - - afraid to use any of these fancy antibody antieverything products that will make me allergic to ph00. That would be the end of my life. ..................

ScardyKatBob
Old 02-18-2014, 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Well maybe one thing
Originally Posted by FiverBob
Sure happy someone has come to this realization
I notice none of the gals are currently here.

Originally Posted by Hvytrkmech
I take great umbrage to that statement.
Yeah, I should knock it off. (Wow I spelled umbrage right).
Old 02-18-2014, 02:25 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Shorts posted up in one of the other areas this morning.
I sent the info in on the 1/2-ton to SMR transmissions over the weekend being bored, just to see what they'd charge for rebuilding the transmission. They sent me exchange prices, I posted their reply in the first-gen section.
Got the new fuel filter on the amigo and it's running better. Did have some water in it. Hopefully it stays running now.
Dick Cabela (founder of Cabela's) died. He was 77.
Hooked to the front end first? Older tractors have a tendency to snap in half when pulling on the front. It's best if you can hook to the drawbar. That's how I hauled silage with my Super M one day. Had a chain run under the tractor to the drawbar, when I got to the silage pit we hooked that one to the one on the back of the 2+2. All I did was run the PTO, the 2+2 did all the pulling.

Got a possum today. Went out to shut the water back off to the tank, and it was right at the water shed door. About 430 this afternoon.

Dang pale moon and AVG aren't playing well together. Had to delete a bunch of cookies and ran malwarebytes to get online. While malwarbytes was running AVG popped up it had fund a trojan horse. While I was offline. But malwarebytes didn't find it.
Old 02-18-2014, 06:12 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
Good morning. Well, the clock says that it is morning, but it is still dark outside.

No time to go back and read all the posts from earlier this week, but the little I read, all appears "normal" here in DTR land.

It has been a rough couple of days. On Sunday morning we received one of those dreaded middle of the night phone calls. 01:05 actually. My wife's oldest brother was found dead. It seems that late on Saturday afternoon he went for a walk in the park and then decided to go to a public sauna. In the sauna it looks like he slipped and when falling split his head open. He bled a lot and was not found for 3 hours. The whole family had to rush to Guadalajara for the funeral. That is over now. These things happen fast down here.

What a mixture of emotion for my wife and the rest of the family. Yesterday the funeral for her favorite brother and this Friday her oldest son is getting married. The civil ceremony is on Friday and the religious ceremony is on March 1. Her dead brother and wife were scheduled to be staying in our house for the religious wedding. To top off the mixture of emotions for wife, she is also packing for a 2 month South Africa vacation, leaving on March 5.

If I am not 'allowed' to post a weather report, how about a forecast? The weather today is going to be the same as yesterday, which was the same as the day before, which was the same as the day before, which was ..... you get the point. i.e. perfect weather every day.

Somebody else can make the coffee and the infamous ph00.

Quick Reply: Olympic size Bathroom and Breakroom 2/16 - 2/22