Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Olympic size Bathroom and Breakroom 2/16 - 2/22

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2014, 11:15 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ever been glad you are too far from someone to afford the trip to go slap the self edited out of them? Chris can't find both the brake parts for my tractor that I left with him so he wants to buy the one that he can find off me..... He sent me the message on facebook, I just shook my head and logged out.
Old 02-22-2014, 11:40 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by NE frmhnd
Ever been glad you are too far from someone to afford the trip to go slap the edited out of them? Chris can't find both the brake parts for my tractor that I left with him so he wants to buy the one that he can find off me..... He sent me the message on facebook, I just shook my head and logged out.
Just for the record....... Different Chris

Lol
Old 02-22-2014, 11:53 AM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cougar
Kicking back doing more nothing today. Spent yesterday watching old bob and Bing movies.
My key board is usually full of paper punches, cat nip, and other assorted food items,,, cat and human.
I learn computer skills because of my cat walking on my laptop while I am using it. whatever her paws hit, I have to figure out why the print just shrank to the smallest level; screen view is now upside down; work disappears, work is now in French, ect.... but I still pet her, 30 seconds is all she wants then off to kill something... my space bar sticks cause of her.

looked at an articulating yard truck that I wanted to turn into a mini log skidder. price was right, motor right (kabota ea5000) dual 22 inch tires all around. turn radius was excellent for open field but not our ravines and narrow trails. New Year's resolution to K.I.S.S.- keep it simple. passed on unit.

going outside to play....
Old 02-22-2014, 12:00 PM
DTR Mom

Originally Posted by Chrisreyn

Lol
fer sure. where in Pennsylvania, bwah ha ha. think about a storage unit next time.....allied van lines has low rates and you can get stuff shipped to you....just sayin big farm scott.
Old 02-22-2014, 12:08 PM

Received 453 Likes on 344 Posts
Ever been glad you are too far from someone to afford the trip to go slap the edited out of them?
All the time, all the time!

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
I learn computer skills because of my cat walking on my laptop while I am using it. whatever her paws hit, I have to figure out why the print just shrank to the smallest level; screen view is now upside down; work disappears, work is now in French, ect.... but I still pet her, 30 seconds is all she wants then off to kill something... my space bar sticks cause of her.
All I get is 30 seconds as well, but then again I'm not the feeding station. On the other hand my wife is. She hasn't figured out the connection between cats and computers, so I'm constantly fixing hers.
Old 02-22-2014, 12:35 PM

Yeah, I think we've visited this subject before.

He was supposed to use the tractor a little bit and take care of it. If I knew he wasn't going to take any care of it I'd have taken it away from him before I left. Dad's got the sheet metal off it painting it. I'm looking for parts online, I told him I'll see what another one is going to cost and I'll let him know.
Flippin leach.
Old 02-22-2014, 07:55 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by chaikwa
He's close to being right. They are made from a 'composite' material. Any Husky that doesn't have an 'xp' in the model number is a homeowner piece of junque. I believe the 455 is the 'Rancher'?
I have one of those ranchers. May be plastic but it's tough as heck. My son ran over it with the Dakota and folded the bar into a horseshoe. I replaced the bar and chain and had it back in service in a half hour.

Yep. The biggest cheap saw they had. Think I am going to charge new chains and a bar to the boss for my little Stihl and use it instead of that big heavy POS next time I'm out cutting cedars.
In a pinch I"ll throw a 20 inch bar on mine and cut down through 40 inches of whatever. Knowing how to sharpen a chain helps a lot. Like the old Jons, they like to run the chain speed real high. Depth gauge setting is critical and varies as the chain wears.

Somehow I don't think that would work as well with a laptop. But it has been a while since I cleaned between the keys. Might have to pick up a can of compressed air. Or just take it up to the shop and take the air gun to it.
If I had a laptop with sticky keys, I'd be tempted to try.

Originally Posted by Scotty
Snot a nice day here.
Cold winds from the north and snow on its way
Seasonal whatever its called disorder is apparent here.

I went to the men's breakfast at church today. Devotion was about how complaining about the weather is sin. Bobby would have gotten a kick out of it.

Ever been glad you are too far from someone to afford the trip to go slap the self edited out of them? Chris can't find both the brake parts for my tractor that I left with him so he wants to buy the one that he can find off me..... He sent me the message on facebook, I just shook my head and logged out.
Isn't the definition of stress the pressure you feel when your mind is restraining you body from choking the living *** out of someone who desperately needs it.
Old 02-22-2014, 08:31 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Only the good die young?
Reading an obit for a "wonderful" 31 year old that I knew.
Talks about what a big heart he had.
Wonderful sense of humor.
Great son.
Bla, Bla, Bla.
Doesn't mention juvenile conviction for raping and cutting up a 14 yo girl.
Doesn't mention what a predator he was during his numerous prison stints.
Doesn't mention cause of death was being shot trying to rip off a fellow meth dealer.
Maybe I should read less.

-Wow, seems like most of you are doing a whole lot of nothing today. Carry on.
Old 02-23-2014, 12:42 AM

In a pinch I"ll throw a 20 inch bar on mine and cut down through 40 inches of whatever. Knowing how to sharpen a chain helps a lot. Like the old Jons, they like to run the chain speed real high. Depth gauge setting is critical and varies as the chain wears.
Once the point on the cutter gets to where I can't keep it sharp it goes to the hardware for sharpening. Well, one has, and I haven't been able to cut since I got it back, so I don't know if they did the depth or just the cutters.
I think the ms258 cuts just as well as the rancher and it's down about 10cc.
If I had a laptop with sticky keys, I'd be tempted to try.
Forgot the can of air. Maybe I'll see if I can find a paperclip to unfold and see if I can get anything out that way.
Isn't the definition of stress the pressure you feel when your mind is restraining you body from choking the living *** out of someone who desperately needs it.
My dad told me to forget the parts and write it off as a lesson. The guy's still going to get an earful. Though it won't do any good.
Only the good die young?
Reading an obit for a "wonderful" 31 year old that I knew.
Talks about what a big heart he had.
Wonderful sense of humor.
Great son.
Bla, Bla, Bla.
Doesn't mention juvenile conviction for raping and cutting up a 14 yo girl.
Doesn't mention what a predator he was during his numerous prison stints.
Doesn't mention cause of death was being shot trying to rip off a fellow meth dealer.
Maybe I should read less.
Don't worry, he'll make Bloomberg's list of people killed by gun violence.

Saw Springer (it's easier to keep the Chris's separate calling this one by his last name) tonight. They found the family bible. So brittle they are afraid to touch it. Carl Christ Springer was the first one in their family to step onto American soil- in 1693. They were English nobility from before records of any sort were kept, dealt in textiles and wool in medieval times. Been around here since about 1860- one of the first families to homestead in Red Willow county and the Beaver Creek valley. According to ancestry.com.

Told him he needs to see about having it all digitized and the original preserved.

Got some red potatoes, sweet potatoes, sliced carrots, and a red onion, going to try my hand at a roast sometime. Think I tried one using a recipe my aunt made one time, but it didn't turn out too well. Think it was deer roast too though.

Popped the X off the computer, there was a ton of hair under it. Still digging it out.

With the amount of crud under the keys I think it may be time to take this thing in for a professional clean-up. The X seems to be working better now.