Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Olympic size Bathroom and Breakroom 2/16 - 2/22

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2014, 01:52 AM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Olympic size Bathroom and Breakroom 2/16 - 2/22

Well, its snowing, I’m awake and Tallguy already did the hard stuff so time for a new breakroom.
Hopefully Bob and Scott will take care of the finer details.
I'm beginning to think that carpeting the walls in the bathroom was a bad idea.

Originally Posted by Tallguy67
if anyone around here likes the good classic Stephen King novels like 'The Shining' and 'The Stand', his new one titled 'Dr Sleep' is his best work in 25 years -
Of his latest books I actually thought The wind through the keyhole was a fun read and Joyland was worthwhile as long as you read it with the attitude that it was written sort of as a pulp crime book.
Even a lot of his bad books are better time killers than most things on TV.
I have been looking forward to Dr. Sleep and am third in line at the library.

Originally Posted by chaikwa
Flu shot---Wait a minute... if it doesn't pay off, then it didn't improve your odds. That's like saying you enjoy pounding your thumb with a hammer because it feels so good when you stop!
No its like wearing a seatbelt. It does improve your odds but only in certain situations.
e.g. Scotty didn't get into an accident today driving so it was pretty stupid to wear a seatbelt, it didn't help him a bit.

Originally Posted by Scotty
Our daughter got Gold in her first gymnastics competition!
- That's great. I love it when kids are in sports.
If some in our area get their way there will be no more winning or scoring in any of our kids sporting events.
-I can sort of see why it may be a good idea to emphasize fair play above scores on basketball,
soccer and other team sports when at a grade school level.
However, some want no scoring at all. Even at the higher grade levels they don't want any "losers".
In sports like gymnastics where you are competing against yourself just as much as the opposition you need scoring.

Originally Posted by FiverBob
And as for your "NICE" weather reports, you give us bad ones all the time.
I only give bad ones when I am up here. Hmmmm, I need to think about that awhile.

Originally Posted by Mexstan
Another ........ you know.
See--See,, everybody look!! That was almost a weather forecast. You all saw it!!!! Don't pretend you didn't see it. sigh

Originally Posted by Scotty
All appears normal for here.
By here do you mean there hear or hear here. Because right here→☣ doesn't look normal and right here →? looks questionable.
Hemorrhoids, I hear a herd right here. Whew, I am glad I got that out, it was keeping me awake.

Originally Posted by Mexstan
I put on shorts and stay in them all day, every day.
Funny how words have different meanings depending on location. Up here shorts can be underwear.
Heaven only knows what chaikwa's shorts would be called.

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
blueberry almond (some Alaskan coffee blend)
There is such a big difference in the flavor of wild AK blueberries compared to store bought.
Something about growing in a higher, cooler environment along with the short (3 month)
growing period with the long hours of sunlight produce a berry that is wonderful.
They have a tart sweetness that cant be farmed.

Originally Posted by cougar
"My country"? Don't blame this mess on me, I voted for the loosers.

Naaa, its just when you are turning wrenches you are doing something that benefits people and due to your expertise can save lives.
I hate it when the engine starts sputtering over the inlet.
When they are working, those clowns are just wasting air.

Originally Posted by Tallguy67
to Bass Pro to get a new smoker
Ooo, Ooo a new toy!! Did ya wear out your other ones? Which one ya going to get.

That was an exciting game - - had me rooting and yelling.
I don't root and yell but have been known to slide so far forward in a chair during play that I fall out of it.

Originally Posted by Totallyrad
Evening all. NASCAR is alive and well.
Twenty years ago I would have never dreamed of anybody saying NASCAR and Toyota in the same sentence. Good stuff.
`
Old 02-16-2014, 03:55 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Wishing for Spring Breakroom - Feb 16 - 22

Rise and shine and enjoy the beautiful morning. Well, I think it may be beautiful but too dark to tell. By the temp out there I think it will be a good one. One orchid has decided to bloom so must not be too bad.

Coffee, ph00, hot water, some nice fresh simmummumumum buns are sitting on the counter for you indulgence - - come and get it.

See ya later,

Bob

...................Ph00.........................

(edit) UUUPPPPSSSS - - - JUST SPOTTED BARK WAS UP AT 10:30 HIS TIME AND STARTED A NEW BREAKROOM. SORRY ABOUT THAT. PLEASE KILL THIS ONE OR BLEND IT, SCOTT. THANKS.
Old 02-16-2014, 05:25 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Bark
Hopefully Bob and Scott will take care of the finer details.
Like what? Slaving over a hot monitor for hours on end to get 2 threads merged into 1? Is that one of those 'finer details'?

Funny how words have different meanings depending on location. Up here shorts can be underwear. Heaven only knows what chaikwa's shorts would be called.
I do not NOW, nor have I EVER worn anything even closely resembling anything that could be misconstrued as a pair of shorts. Underwear or outerwear.

(edit) UUUPPPPSSSS - - - JUST SPOTTED BARK WAS UP AT 10:30 HIS TIME AND STARTED A NEW BREAKROOM. SORRY ABOUT THAT. PLEASE KILL THIS ONE OR BLEND IT, SCOTT. THANKS.
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Go see an eye doctor, there must be a million of them in Florida considering 99% of the population is over 70 and can't see! Or was it the chemical haze coming off the ph00 that clouded your vision?

Morning all.

It is Sunday, February 16th.

1804 - A raid was led by Lt. Stephen Decatur to burn the U.S. Navy frigate Philadelphia. The ship had been taken by pirates.

1857 - The National Deaf Mute College was incorporated in Washington, DC. It was the first school in the world for advanced education of the deaf. The school was later renamed Gallaudet College.

1862 - During the U.S. Civil War, about 14,000 Confederate soldiers surrendered to Gen. Ulysses S. Grant at Fort Donelson, TN.

1868 - The Jolly Corks organization, in New York City, changed it name to the Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks (BPOE).

1937 - Wallace H. Carothers received a patent for nylon. Carothers was a research chemist for Du Pont.

1938 - The U.S. Federal Crop Insurance program was authorized.

1945 - During World War II, U.S. troops landed on the island of Corregidor in the Philippines.

1946 - The first commercially designed helicopter was tested in Connecticut.

1959 - Fidel Castro seized power in Cuba after the overthrow of President Fulgencio Batista.

1960 - The U.S.S. Triton began the first circumnavigation of the globe under water. The trip ended on May 10.

1968 - In the U.S., the first 911 emergency telephone system was inaugurated in Haleyville, AL.

1989 - Investigators in Lockerbie, Scotland, announced that a bomb hidden inside a radio-cassette player was the reason that Pan Am Flight 103 was brought down the previous December. All 259 people aboard and 11 on the ground were killed.

1999 - Testimony began in the Jasper, TX, trial of John William King. He was charged with murder in the gruesome dragging death of James Byrd Jr. King was later convicted and sentenced to death.

2002 - The operator of a crematory in Noble, GA, was arrested after dozens of corpses were found stacked in storage sheds and scattered around in the surrounding woods.

2005 - The NHL announced the cancellation of the 2004-2005 season due to a labor dispute. It was the first time a major sports league in North America lost an entire season to a labor dispute.

Today's thought:
Nothing prevents happiness like the memory of happiness.

Found Scotty in the bathtub in the Breakroom this morning:
Old 02-16-2014, 08:12 AM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
good morgan DTR,
made eggs n toast for hubby at 6AM. saw sunrise so I must be close to Spring.

cheers for proudnoneck, you know- the one that had to be asked to leave the gymnasium.....for excessive cheering.
in his shorts....

I am so ready to go to gander mountain!!!!
Old 02-16-2014, 09:37 AM

What year truck? Might have an answer for you.
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Go see an eye doctor, there must be a million of them in Florida considering 99% of the population is over 70 and can't see! Or was it the chemical haze coming off the ph00 that clouded your vision?
Yeah, but that means that 99% of the eye doctors are probably over 70 and can't see, either!
That's kinda like the blind leading the blind, ain't it?
1968 - In the U.S., the first 911 emergency telephone system was inaugurated in Haleyville, AL.
Y'all make fun of Alabama, but they're the ones who started 911 and train the astronauts!
I am so ready to go to gander mountain!!!!
Naw, I wanna go to Cabella's!
I didn't read the article but I saw a headline that someone's got a Newyork-legal AR-15 now.
Old 02-16-2014, 10:28 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
BARK appears to be quite quotamax today.
Scottkwa thats the soup pot not the bath tub.
LOOK AT MY LEGGS!!!
Sean, we have a blowing snow warning here again! The trip home from Moose Jaw was into 45 mph winds from SE.
Now its 50 mph from west and warming up.

Go Canada! This should be our toughest challenge of the games next to the final against either Russia or USA.
The Swedes aren't too bad either but now the Canadians will stop playing Euro pass pass pass the puck and put it to the net more.

BARK! Your berries are like my berries. except yours are blue and mine are from Saskatoon.
We had a ravine out back at my folks place that was packed with Saskatoon berries every year. Awesome!
Old 02-16-2014, 10:39 AM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

NE_Frm - not to put too fine a point on it but necessity is typically the mother of invention. So, did Alabama invent 911 first becuase they needed it first? Isn't Alabama the state that coined the phrase 'Hold my beer and watch this'?

Bark - I ended up not going smoker shopping. The one I was looking at was some new brand I have never heard of and when I did some research the reviews were horrible. I am thinking now that I will get the 6 shelf Bradley electronic smoker. I haven't worn out the Masterbuilt propane powered vertical water smoker and there are things it will still be best for but I am looking for something that has lower maintenance operations. Unlike a true pitmaster I don't typically have all day to sit and feed and monitor my bbq. I have a week off at the end of March and I intend to make a huge batch of kielbasa and a bunch of batches of bacon (I have been watching too many episodes of United States of Bacon). I think it is also time to make another batch of Western NY Breakfast Sausage, but I need to talk to my spice connection for that to happen.

Supper last night was a Calgary favorite - ginger beef. We all consider it Chinese food but apprently the recipe was invented in Calgary (just like the drink called the Ceasar). Are any of you familiar with Ginger Beef or is it truly a local thing?

It is a beautiful, warm and sunny day on the edge of the prairies.. The only fly in the ointment is that we are likely to get 60mph winds for a good portion of the day.

Have an awesome Sunday everyone and play safe.
Old 02-16-2014, 11:26 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Morning all went to see an Elvis show with my girlfriend and seen the young Elvis and the 70s Vegas Elvis. It was a real good show if you like Elvis.

NE I understand about being to busy to go riding and as far as your 300 cat it will do fine I've seen men that are 350 plus on 250s and you can't even see the machine because the way they are hanging off of it.

Coffee and gone
Old 02-16-2014, 11:43 AM

Received 453 Likes on 344 Posts
Active kitty for a change. The wife took Roxie off most of her dry food and started feeding her caned that is mostly meat and supplementing it with more meat. After all, they are a carnivore. We went from a cat that slept 22 of 24 hour and had constant asthma attacks to a cat that is wearing us out playing and almost no attacks. Nice to see a healthy cat again.
Old 02-16-2014, 12:02 PM

TG- "hold my beer and watch this" accounted for 87.314159% of 911 calls in the first 5 years of operation.
RR1- that's not really an image I want in my head. I'd like to try some of the tougher trails (I think) and it's also pretty tail-heavy.
Cougar- my cats get dog food. And anything they can catch. Which I'm not sure they do a lot of, either because they've got most of the rodents caught, or they are just lazy. The travel all over the yard and tree claim, so I'll believe it's #1.
Old 02-16-2014, 12:09 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Originally Posted by NE frmhnd
TG- "hold my beer and watch this" accounted for 87.314159% of 911 calls
NE_Frm,I didn't know you were a closet mathematician. Nice use of Pi !!!!
Old 02-16-2014, 01:17 PM

Received 453 Likes on 344 Posts
Originally Posted by NE frmhnd
Cougar- my cats get dog food. And anything they can catch. Which I'm not sure they do a lot of, either because they've got most of the rodents caught, or they are just lazy. The travel all over the yard and tree claim, so I'll believe it's #1.
The problem with dog food is it doesn't have the protein level a cat needs.
www.catinfo.org
Old 02-16-2014, 01:42 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
No its like wearing a seatbelt. It does improve your odds but only in certain situations.
e.g. Scotty didn't get into an accident today driving so it was pretty stupid to wear a seatbelt, it didn't help him a bit.`
My daughter's an RN. She says all the flu fatalities she's seen in the hospital were folks that got the shot.

Actually, the flu shot attempts to bolster your serum immunity, which is normally the second line of defense, while confusing and hampering your cellular immunity which is normally the first line. The immunity, such as it is, is only against the particular strain(s) in the shot, while the hampering covers all related organisms. In other words, it actually decreases your odds.

Also, there's aspect of the shot that cause varied inflammations, including in the brain. That can go from sub-clinical (unnoticed) symptoms to all out seizure, but they all cause damage.

That's the brief version. The long one is about 30 hours.

If you take good care of yourself, you probably either won't get the flu, or if you do, it'll be relatively mild.
Old 02-16-2014, 02:18 PM

The problem with dog food is it doesn't have the protein level a cat needs.
I keep trying to supplement with blackbirds, but the door's too loud.
NE_Frm,I didn't know you were a closet mathematician. Nice use of Pi !!!!
3.141592654. I was so bored in whatever math class we first used calculators in, I memorized it to all ten places the calculator could show.
I can work with numbers, I just don't like to.
If you take good care of yourself, you probably either won't get the flu, or if you do, it'll be relatively mild.
Last time it knocked me down was in 2003 or 2004. Slept about 10 hours, woke up and had to pee, about blacked out by the time I got to the bathroom, went and spent two days and nights in a hotel room. Far as I know I may have been in the bathtub for the first day or so. Had to sit down 3 or 4 times just going into walmart for some niquil. Never had the flu shot.

Was thinking of going for a ride today but the wind really came up this afternoon.
Old 02-16-2014, 04:16 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by j_martin
My daughter's an RN. She says all the flu fatalities she's seen in the hospital were folks that got the shot.

Actually, the flu shot attempts to bolster your serum immunity, which is normally the second line of defense, while confusing and hampering your cellular immunity which is normally the first line. The immunity, such as it is, is only against the particular strain(s) in the shot, while the hampering covers all related organisms. In other words, it actually decreases your odds.

Also, there's aspect of the shot that cause varied inflammations, including in the brain. That can go from sub-clinical (unnoticed) symptoms to all out seizure, but they all cause damage.

That's the brief version. The long one is about 30 hours.

I agree. This was live nasal spray. Yet the RN's and drs and sask health/ media have been promoting the spray and shots. I bit or should I say drank the kool aid this year. Never again.
Things are better today.
We know of a very healthy mid 30's gal here that succumbed to the flu in less then 12 hours. She had the shot. Not the spray.

Quick Reply: Olympic size Bathroom and Breakroom 2/16 - 2/22