Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Ok, I might as well touch the third rail

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 12:19 PM
Administrator

Received 172 Likes on 130 Posts
Ok, I might as well touch the third rail

Since I posted my response about how anyone could be surprised that our economic and employment numbers are still tanking, I figured I might as well get things cranking here.

How many of you are either prepped, or are actively preparing for an extended period where you either make no money, or even if you had money, goods were not available?

I sort of have a clue most here are fairly well into the prepper mindset, but I want both sides to engage as to why or why not they are doing what they do.

Me? I am furiously working towards it, I started way too late...........
Old 08-19-2010, 12:28 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
im not but i was watching Hannity the other day and there is a whole bunch of people building undergroung bunkkers. The company that makes them said buisness is booming hahaha
Old 08-19-2010, 12:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just because I'm not sure how it would work...what would you horde if money no longer meant anything?? Food and water of course, but what else? And how much? And how do you keep it secret?

I have about 10K rounds of .223, 7.62x39, and 7.62x54R, and plenty of .45ACP, 9mm, and .40S&W...that's about it.

Am I gonna die??
Chris
Old 08-19-2010, 12:46 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
I've got some rounds, some MRE's, and some fuel and a good generator...

If it gets that bad, not much is going to help...
Old 08-19-2010, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by madhat
I've got some rounds, some MRE's, and some fuel and a good generator...

If it gets that bad, not much is going to help...
Exactly...if things get as bad as some people think, it will be very tough to prepare for. I think the best thing then will be for us good folk to stick together, and try and survive!

I don't know why you guys let this country get to the shape it's in...I didn't do it
Chris

Sorry...had to say it...that's what all the sheeple say
Old 08-19-2010, 01:28 PM
I wish I was as fine, as those who work the pipeline!

IF the world went in the tank, so to speak. We have 6 to 8 months of food in hard, canned, dehydrated and fresh grown. Meat walking in the pasture, River out back, well in the ground, 500 gal of diesel, 300 gallons of gas, the only thing we don't have is a propane tank. We run on natural gas. That's about all I have right now. If push came to shove we have quite a bit of ground we could grow food on, We are isolated to begin with, so the creeping hoards would take a while to get here. 100+ miles of desert and baron wasteland between us and anywhere.

Don't have any guns, ammo or weapons of any kind, well maybe a shovel or two, anywhere on my property. We are nonviolent, anti-gun supporters all the way.
Old 08-19-2010, 01:29 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
The ability to self sustain could mean the difference between life and death literally if things tank. You need to be in an area where you have a sustainable source of wild game and be able to grow your own food and then be ready to FIGHT for it.

A generator can be a plus or minus depending on how you look at it, in my case I will need one to draw water from the deep well, but you better be dang sure you have it muffled properly because it can draw hungry people to you like flies to honey.

The whole idea behind having weapons and ammo is to defend yourself and keep what little food you have because there would be a LOT of starving people that will think nothing of bashing your head in for meal.

Living on the high ground and being able to defend it might be the saving grace for many.

Trending Topics

Old 08-19-2010, 01:37 PM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

When you're using dollar bills to light the fire, a box of .223 will still get you a steak dinner whether you barter with it or hunt with it.
Old 08-19-2010, 01:44 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by wyododge
IF the world went in the tank, so to speak. We have 6 to 8 months of food in hard, canned, dehydrated and fresh grown. Meat walking in the pasture, River out back, well in the ground, 500 gal of diesel, 300 gallons of gas, the only thing we don't have is a propane tank. We run on natural gas. That's about all I have right now. If push came to shove we have quite a bit of ground we could grow food on, We are isolated to begin with, so the creeping hoards would take a while to get here. 100+ miles of desert and baron wasteland between us and anywhere.

Don't have any guns, ammo or weapons of any kind, well maybe a shovel or two, anywhere on my property. We are nonviolent, anti-gun supporters all the way.
so can i come over if something happens?
Old 08-19-2010, 02:19 PM
DTR Detective

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Ammo to take generators and food from people who have them.
Old 08-19-2010, 02:20 PM

Jeff,you have 50 amp service and a pad,right?Hi neighbor...All the people here that say I've got this and that stocked up,DO YOU HAVE A PLAN?IF everything goes to Hades in a hand cart,you do not want to be just another refugee with all that you own on your back.Plan it out folks,where are you going to go,how you going to get there etc.
Old 08-19-2010, 02:49 PM
Banned

Reminds me of the movie Mad Max.
Old 08-19-2010, 02:49 PM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Some have been preparing for the Zombie Attack for some time now. Also upgraded the MOS with an Infidel identifier.....
Old 08-19-2010, 02:52 PM
Banned

If it happens, who will take care of the illegals?
Old 08-19-2010, 03:15 PM
DTR Detective

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by 15 Digger
If it happens, who will take care of the illegals?
It will be the illegals!

Quick Reply: Ok, I might as well touch the third rail