Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Odd Site....

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2004, 12:59 PM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Odd Site....

...on the way to lunch today.

I saw a 1/2 ton 2003-2004 Dodge short bed two weel drive with the stock 20" rims. The tires on the front appeared to be stock, but the tires on the back had been replaced with what had to be 44" to 48" mud tires. It was the goofiest looking thing I'd ever seen. Of course, the rear end was sticking way up in the air so the guy must feel like he's driving down hill all the time. Those were the tallest tires I've ever seen on a pickup. It amazes me what some people will do.

They stuck out past the side of the bed and they were only about 4 inches away from the body. I bet they rub every time he hits a bump.

Why is it that I never have a camera handy when I need it??
Old 07-14-2004, 01:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the weirdest would be your concrete bed
Old 07-14-2004, 01:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Was the guy driving short? Maybe he can see over the steering wheel now The good thing about this is better MPG because he is always going downhill
Old 07-14-2004, 01:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Was the truck licensed in an adjoining state? Just kidding:

John (DH)
Old 07-14-2004, 01:29 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally posted by ramcummins
The good thing about this is better MPG because he is always going downhill
Oh thats just great! Now we will have a whole bunch of trucks looking like that just because you mentioned better fuel mileage
Old 07-14-2004, 02:58 PM

Most of the guys around here that drive trucks like that have a big maroon aTm sticker in their back window......
Old 07-14-2004, 03:15 PM

Right on Palmetto!
Old 07-14-2004, 04:49 PM

Originally posted by red_rattler
the weirdest would be your concrete bed
Even my concrete bedliner wouldn't have leveled this truck out.
Old 07-14-2004, 04:50 PM

Originally posted by Palmetto_kid
Most of the guys around here that drive trucks like that have a big maroon aTm sticker in their back window......
I think it's safe to say that this fella had no affiliation with anything maroon.

I really wish I could have gotten a picture. It was pretty wild. One thing can be said though....I bet it's hard to stick that truck (provided he has the engine and the gearing to actually spin those tires).
Old 07-14-2004, 05:08 PM

Originally posted by Palmetto_kid
It's true!!
Old 07-14-2004, 09:28 PM

Hey Hoss you wouldnt happen to have pics of the bedliner would you? I wanna see this.
Old 07-14-2004, 11:58 PM
Muted User

Back in the early 70's to mid 70's (maybe even later, I was out of the country) that was a common 'mod' on trucks here in FL. Altho most folks didn't go that crazy. Did go wider & taller in the rear only tho. Don't think I was ever given a satisfactory explanation as to why. Still ocassionally see them on the road today. In fact, saw one a couple of weeks ago which got me to wondering if they were making a comeback!
Old 07-15-2004, 03:58 PM

Yep, I remember pickups here in Florida with big ol' mudders on the back. Don't recall if they were all 4X2s but I would imagine they were. What I remember most is how my friend's tabacco chewing friend's truck sounded like a bellowing basset hound when he dumped the clutch and ripped those big ol' mudders loose. I wasn't any better with my '70 maverick. I had big fat 14" tires on the rear and little 13" pizza cutters on the front. The road rash on the headers was cool. And the Hurst Indy shifter on the floor was a must have! It was a fast one though. I had a lot of fun in those days...
Old 07-15-2004, 04:02 PM

I've seen plenty of 4x2 trucks with mudders on the back.....usually taller and wider than the front tires. I have NEVER seen one taken to this extent though. The top of his tires were literally about the same height as the bottom of the glass on my passenger side window when I drove by him. They had to be 44 to 48 inch tires. Crazy....
Old 07-15-2004, 08:54 PM

Crazy man!
I don't recall how tall my tabacco chewin' friend's friend's tires were but they made his Georgia clay orange Chevy truck look a tad odd. They were tall and not too wide like military vehicle tires. I do recall him saying 15psi and the way they sounded when they got loose. He would always rev it up three or four times before he dumped the clutch and swallered his chewin' tabacco. You could hear it howl from blocks away and we knew it was him...

Quick Reply: Odd Site....