Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Now you see me, now you don't BREAKROOM 6/23-6/29

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2013, 01:13 AM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Now you see me, now you don't BREAKROOM 6/23-6/29

Fresh pot of coffee and some barbacoa tacos on the counter. The delivery guy will bring donuts later. He said it wasn't time to make the donuts yet. Who knew you could ask for donuts too early?

I cranked the AC down. Summer is here and it's hot outside. So, keep the door closed. Don't go in and out. We'll air condition the whole neighborhood... etc etc.

Have a good one.
Old 06-23-2013, 03:00 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
NEfarm- just tell her. you think she's great, he's not treating her well.
let her think from there......
I'm going to say something to her, but to use Jeff Foxworthy's terminology, she has one picked out, and she may not be riding him yet, but she definitely has the saddle out of the barn.

Originally Posted by chaikwa
Loooong day. Just got home. Saw about a bazillion kids today in 90 degree heat. Collapsed on the floor of the trailer with Jake on top of me.

My dog's almost that bad tonight. Heck of a thunder storm coming through. Had to stop about half way up the gravel and lock the hubs in to get home. Glad I didn't take the Dodge to town.

Friend with the drawbar dyno truck had a 150 HP tractor hook up for testing. 1468 IHC, bit V8 diesel. Guess the smoke was rolling and it was making some noise, but the old Ford truck held it back pretty good. Heated up his chrome stacks and turned them blue. Guess he did that to a couple of them.

Going to shut down and go to bed. Thunder is picking up again. Will try to cut some firewood in the morning. Supposed to drop down about 60-65 tonight.
Old 06-23-2013, 03:32 AM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the new breakroom Shorts. Smells good in here compared to the last few. Hope you get more time to hang around.

Collapsed on the floor of the trailer with Jake on top of me.
I still think Jake should have his own show instead of having to pull you along with him.

Originally Posted by Tallguy67
It is old, ugly and noisy (like a bunch of our members)
I can only think of one member who fits that description.
The poor guy has a dog who is really great but who's owner is--- well,, just a little different.
"Your boy's... different, Miz Gump"

Late night. Still communicating with you crazy water logged Canadians.
At least they aren't blaming us up here for the water but even my parents in CA are starting to prepare for a very rare summer rainstorm coming from Canada.
Old 06-23-2013, 06:27 AM
I grad-u-ated frum Claudes skool of tpying....

morning all hoping to get a second nap in this morning...got back from a run to the border at 5:20 this morning .... I loaded an headed up there at 10pm last night fun times ...nothing like calling your boss at 3am cus the custurmers credit card co says you don't exist....
Old 06-23-2013, 09:06 AM
Administrator ........ DTR's puttin fires out and workin on big trucks admin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks for starting up the breakroom Shorts. Mowed the 1'5" grass friday when I got home from work. We have had so much rain that I darn near buried my tractor in the mud. Now that is cut it has dried out some, time to finish it up and repair the damages.

Now I'm having daymares about Scott and Jake. I cant imagine what that poor dog must endure.

I wonder if my bike can handle 2, 5 gallon containers of diesel on it?
Old 06-23-2013, 09:22 AM

Customer calls the other day, one of there trucks has a tranny problem and needs to be towed. owner states that a new pto was just put on the tranny, driver says pto was bad and now the tranny is stuck in gear. They ask me if I can pull the pto, free it up, put a cover on the tranny fill it with oil and send the driver on his way. I'll check it out, here is what I found.

Opps, what do y'all think happened?
Attached Thumbnails Now you see me, now you don't BREAKROOM 6/23-6/29-photo-1.jpg   Now you see me, now you don't BREAKROOM 6/23-6/29-photo-3.jpg   Now you see me, now you don't BREAKROOM 6/23-6/29-photo-4.jpg   Now you see me, now you don't BREAKROOM 6/23-6/29-photo-2.jpg  
Old 06-23-2013, 10:49 AM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

I think something broke
Old 06-23-2013, 10:57 AM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

This weeks concern is hydration and heat related illnesses.

Last night about an hour before my Saturday "long" run I weighed myself on our Wii.
I drank about a 1/2 liter of water before the run and another liter after the run.
When I got home, I weighed again, in the same clothes I was wearing on the first weigh in. I dropped 8.1 pounds in 4 miles. My son dropped 3-1/2 pounds on the same run.
We were trail running so it was shaded. The weather was ~90F with prolly 60% humidity.

Just a reminder that everyone looses water a bit differently, but dont forget to hydrate and dont start thinking that you can handle even a few miles without proper hydration.
Old 06-23-2013, 11:43 AM

How do you hot-rod the PTO that hard?
That, or there were some missing/loose bolts in the bellhousing, and there was no slip-joint on the PTO shaft, and when the bellhousing let go, the shaft took out the PTO housing.

Grilled a roast this morning. Put a good dry rub on it. Went out to roll it over and ended up rolling it off the grill, porch, and across some dirt. The dog's liking that. Dangit! The piece that stayed on the grill was pretty good.
Old 06-23-2013, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by NE frmhnd

Grilled a roast this morning. Put a good dry rub on it. Went out to roll it over and ended up rolling it off the grill, porch, and across some dirt. The dog's liking that. Dangit! The piece that stayed on the grill was pretty good.
How nice of you, to share your food with your dog.

I told you Tom Kristensen knew what he was doing, I got my Money back and then some.

Donuts are here, and they´re gooood, I´ll hydrate myself with a couple of those and a cup of coffee.

It´s a crazee World out there, so the voices in my head says, and I don´t dare to doubt them

Slev
Old 06-23-2013, 04:04 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Bark
I still think Jake should have his own show instead of having to pull you along with him
Dang you! If he comes up with any ideas, I'll know where he got them from. And I'll come looking for you!

Originally Posted by Hvytrkmech
The glue you put on it a day ago didn't hold? Oh, BTW, what DID happen?

NOT likin' this 'aging' crap one bit! I got up early, (0500), and cut off then moved 2 spring perches on a trailer axle. Then fabricated 4 spring hangers and shackles and mounted them on a trailer frame a customer brought me. Installed the axle, flipped the trailer right-side up and brought it in the shop for the work I have to do to it this week. By this time it's 0900, so I head to the pond to weed-wack all around and behind it. (It was about 2 to 3 feet high). Finally finished @ 1500, then started clearing off the patio in front of the training room for tomorrow's class. Got THAT done and took to the pond again with the Roundup. Just gettin' in the office now. My back and both arms feel like they're ready to fall off! I usta be able to work like this for days on end and never feel it! Even tho it's in the 90's here with rather high humidity, I didn't think I'd feel it THIS bad.

On a more positive note, that new weed-wacker is an animal! It's really more like a Bush-hog on a stick. I was taking out branches on trees almost an inch in diameter. Only thing negative I'll say about it, is the way you have to reload string into it. You have to wrap it around the drum that you remove from the head, then try and hold the 2 loose string ends while you put the whole head back together. You'd think someone would come up with a cartridge you just trade out. Make things a whole lot easier that's for sure.

Sorry for no history this AM. I just went right at that trailer to try and beat the heat. Didn't work, but I tried.

How's everyone's Sunday?
Old 06-23-2013, 05:14 PM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

It is an eventful day around here

NE, what happened to the 5second rule? Rinse the dirt off, put on my rub, stick it on the fire. It should be good to go.

Got the oil changed on the truck. About 500mi early but it was down a quart and I didn't want to taint my oil sample with a different splash of oil.

Man I'm hungry now.
Old 06-23-2013, 05:26 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Chaikwa, that is how I have to load the string in my Stihl brushcutter. It was a pain the first dozen times or so but now I have the technique figured out and I can reload it in about 3 or 4 minutes.

NE_Frm, I definitely would have gone with the 15 second rule, followed by a quick rinse and some new rub. I guess if it rolled through a septic slough, I might have just let it go, but otherwise, I would have used it.
Old 06-23-2013, 05:33 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Great big juicy cheese burgers with bacon for dinner tonight. I cant wait to light the bbq.
Need to find my old cholesterol meds for this meal.

Originally Posted by Hvytrkmech
Looks like he ran over a shrew.

Originally Posted by slevhansen
How I told you Tom Kristensen knew what he was doing, I got my Money back and then some.
Wonder if he ever gets tired of winning.

By this time it's 0900, so I head to the pond to weed-wack all around and behind it.
Its Sunday. I didn't even get out of bed until after 0900.
Old 06-23-2013, 05:40 PM

The glue you put on it a day ago didn't hold? Oh, BTW, what DID happen?

How's everyone's Sunday?
Sunday was very productive.

That happens in 1 of 2 ways. Driver runs down the road with the pto on or incorrect shimming on install. Driver versus pto is the most common. I think the pto was on or engaged, here's why. The pump blew off the pto, if you notice the pto shaft it is twisted. It cascaded from there, pto gone, twisted shaft, gears out of alignment, grenade city. Must have been one heck of a jolt.

Quick Reply: Now you see me, now you don't BREAKROOM 6/23-6/29