Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Nother rap Dodge commercial

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2005, 12:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nother rap Dodge commercial

So it seems pertty evident who DC is trying to appeal to these days. First Snoop doggy turd then the latest commercial for the charger? sounds like gangster rap at its finest.
Whats the deal?
Old 08-31-2005, 12:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
should they appeal ONLY to the white male? i thought we ended segregation.

my attitude is: who cares? reason: i buy a vehicle because i research it and compare with other models/brands, then make a decision based off of that...not who is in their TV add.

just my $.02
Old 08-31-2005, 12:21 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Got a problem with Black Folks?

Look at most 14 yr. olds these day's, only thing they are missing is the actaul skin color.

It's a sign of the times, DC is just targeting the younger crowd.
Old 08-31-2005, 12:23 PM
Administrator

Scoop doggy poo was the best.

Mocacoca.
Old 08-31-2005, 12:25 PM

Fashizzle a Kasizzle!!
Old 08-31-2005, 02:25 PM

No, I have no problem with anyone except worthless gangbangin welfare suckin,grafitti slingin scum bags. Be them white,black,yellow,red,brown,etc. There`s doo doo in every shade. I didnt know it was legal to drive or buy a new car when your 12 years old which seems to be the age that this crapola appeals to. So whats DC`s point? Oh momy go buy a new truck cause the music in the commercial is EDIT? Personally I stop dealing with vendors/stores,etc when I walk into their place of buisness and thats what I hear. Just my $.02 worth.
Old 08-31-2005, 02:32 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Great News apache, it's a little thing called "voting with your wallet" (other names apply, but I can't remember).
If you don't like their marketing, DON'T BUY 'EM!! You wouldn't wan't to put money in the D.O double G's pocket, right?

Besdies, he's "got his mind on his money and his money on his mind".

LOL, I am a bit younger than most of you guy's, '91 was back in the day for me.

Phil
Old 08-31-2005, 02:42 PM
Banned

Oh yes, of course, everybody that listens to rap or gansta rap is a "gangbangin welfare suckin, grafitti slingin scum bag"...

I think that Apache just has sour grapes because he knows that he is getting old... Keep being a grumpy old man, we'll love you for it.
Old 08-31-2005, 04:37 PM

Just remember one gets old and wise by being young and dumb. so I have a little grey hair. what can I say? Schizzle this.
Old 08-31-2005, 06:04 PM

i recognize snoop dogg, who doesn't, but was that lee iaccoca?

ford pinto, anyone?
Old 08-31-2005, 07:02 PM

We're all getting old together. Some of us just have a head start.
Old 08-31-2005, 07:45 PM
Banned

Me, I don't have a problem with Snoop in these commercials, just like I don't have a problem with Ice-T in that Law & Order series on TV. Both have come a long way since their "Gangsta Crap" of the 80's. Call it getting older....wiser.

I do have a problem with the new Target commercials though. "Hip Hop" is NOT the mainstream of American youth, and having those kids Act as if they were in a HipHop video is absolutely outrageous.

Remember the "JC Penney" back to school TV commercial from last year that had that 11-12 year old white girl shakin' her booty like a 25 year black lady would on Soul Train right in front of the camera????

Man, tell you what, I sent in complaint after complaint to both JC Penneys and the FCC over this commercial. Not only did they degrade that little girl, they also probably got the attention of dozens of pedophiles out there with that one commercial alone. I bet I wasn't the only person to complain about this. JC Penney did tone down their commercials this year and that one particular commercial seemed to disappear after a week or so.
Old 08-31-2005, 08:01 PM
Banned

Hip hop is the mainstream of American youth, at least out in my area. Everything from middle school to college, especially college, is very hip hop centric. You go to a party, and 90% of the time they're going to be playing hip hop. Anymore it's just the standard teenager music.

But Snoop Dog isn't a hip hopper, is he?

I personally stick with the acid and psychadelic rock and heavy metal. But I'm just not right in the head...
Old 08-31-2005, 09:17 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Tiny
Fashizzle a Kasizzle!!

Hey, You live close enough to the hood of Cleveland to know it's;

"Fo Shizzle My nizzle"

Old 08-31-2005, 11:23 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Begle1

I personally stick with the acid and psychadelic rock and heavy metal. But I'm just not right in the head...
nevermind

Quick Reply: Nother rap Dodge commercial