Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Not sure what to say to this one....

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 11:03 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gerry
Now why does everyone have to bring California into these discussions..???
The fact that Norco High School has outlawed Cross pencils because I popped a balloon with one seems to indicate an over-arcing trend.

Look like a dangerous weapon to you? I mean, I understand that I'm so bad *** I could eaisly strangle an elephant with a shoelace, but I liked that pencil... I've used that pencil exclusively for two and a half bloody years... The chrome is worn through on half of it...
Old 05-22-2006, 11:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sure could be... Looks like a shank.. Would go in pretty deep and hurt..
Old 05-22-2006, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by Timmay2
The point of my topic was more or less let the little *******s get away with something as minor as ketchup and it escalates from there.

Kids will be kids is a horrible excuse for not having the ***** to correct them.

I'm sure most of the inmates at San Quentin started off as "ketchup Stompers" .

You are right about enforcing the rules when it comes to kids ..... but the punishment has to match the crime otherwise it doesn't make sense. Back in the day, the kid would have gotten a paddling from the Principal and probably one from Dad when he got home. Wasn't too many repeat offenders after that as I recall.

PISTOL
Old 05-22-2006, 11:29 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now, in all honesty...

Pencils are nothing but the most recent development in a form of disestablishment utensils which have aided murder and mayham since the earliest days of man. They are designed, with their advanced carbon-composite core, laminated solid-wood finish and rubber shock-absorbing stock, for no reason other than to commit absolutely shocking acts of violence and defiance. They are tools which hold, in their milleniums of history, pride in being positioned behind every major conflict and travesty in human memory. When a student carries a pencil with him to school, he carries with him a salient point of that which cries out to humanity from the annals of the dead and suffering: I AM HISTORY, I AM AGAIN! And this, this tool which we have allowed into our classrooms, repeatedly over and again, this device of the torture of society and empowerment of the sadisms of the individual, this tool of the non-conformist mind, has no place in the education of our children! Pencils must be banned, or we are doing nothing but granting glory to all acts of evil that they have ever accomplished or will, according to their manic design, accomplish in the future! Ban pencils! No more death! No more evil! No more knowledge! No more school! No more pencils!

Let's rise, my Californian brethren, let's rise! We shall teach this world what our profits Tom Cruise and Catherine Bell have taught us so well; never again will the dis-empowered of the world be held captives by the evils of the pencil, nay: WE SHALL OVERCOME! WE SHALL OVERCOME! WE SHALL OVERCOME!

We've already destroyed the guns which have held us captive for so long. The profanity of the pencil will no longer be sacred! ALL HAIL HOLLYWOOD! ALL HAIL HOLLYWOOD!
Old 05-23-2006, 06:53 AM

I am glad I live clear on the other side of the country sometimes

Maybe I should move closer to the right coast, just in case whatever it is that makes Begle that way starts moving this way

Begle, do you lay awake at night thinking this stuff up?

Although, upon second thought, I kinda have to agree with you somewhat. After all, the pen is mightier than the sword.
Old 05-23-2006, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by gerry
Now why does everyone have to bring California into these discussions..???
Cause there are people like Begle there. Easy target. You know, the sate with the terminator as gov. Scientologists who believe plants have feelings. People that think no guns will prevent crime and not realizing you can't shoot back at criminals without a gun. The ten commandments on the court house steps is the downfall of society. Spanking your kids will hurt their feelinngs. Make the EPA go nuts on the rest of the country. Vegans live there. PETA has members there. Michael Moore lives there. Botox. Earthquakes. The OC. Crazy laws that won't let you bring fruit in. The women are more masculine than the men. Or are the women men too? Or is it the men are women? Or both?

But it's better than France.

Funny thing is I'm an electrical enginerring student and 90% of the companies I would want to work for are in Cali. The rest are in Austin. Austin it is.
Old 05-23-2006, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by Begle1

Now, in all honesty...

Pencils are nothing but the most recent development in a form of disestablishment utensils which have aided murder and mayham since the earliest days of man. They are designed, with their advanced carbon-composite core, laminated solid-wood finish and rubber shock-absorbing stock, for no reason other than to commit absolutely shocking acts of violence and defiance. They are tools which hold, in their milleniums of history, pride in being positioned behind every major conflict and travesty in human memory. When a student carries a pencil with him to school, he carries with him a salient point of that which cries out to humanity from the annals of the dead and suffering: I AM HISTORY, I AM AGAIN! And this, this tool which we have allowed into our classrooms, repeatedly over and again, this device of the torture of society and empowerment of the sadisms of the individual, this tool of the non-conformist mind, has no place in the education of our children! Pencils must be banned, or we are doing nothing but granting glory to all acts of evil that they have ever accomplished or will, according to their manic design, accomplish in the future! Ban pencils! No more death! No more evil! No more knowledge! No more school! No more pencils!

Let's rise, my Californian brethren, let's rise! We shall teach this world what our profits Tom Cruise and Catherine Bell have taught us so well; never again will the dis-empowered of the world be held captives by the evils of the pencil, nay: WE SHALL OVERCOME! WE SHALL OVERCOME! WE SHALL OVERCOME!

We've already destroyed the guns which have held us captive for so long. The profanity of the pencil will no longer be sacred! ALL HAIL HOLLYWOOD! ALL HAIL HOLLYWOOD!
You need to come to the politcal forum and annoy some people. It's fun. Some of them get really mad. You'd be better at confusing them than I would.
Old 05-23-2006, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by merrillr4
What is the world coming to when people are wasting there time on regulating ketchup!! Come on, find something better to do!!
Sorry, but ask any teacher or person in school administration, they would rather NOT waste their time regulating ketchup. Or enforce dress codes, or break up fights, keep kid's in class, or...... the list goes on and on. Unfortunately, in our world today, parents are not "parenting" thus teachers are not teaching.

Like the old chinese proverb says "If everyone swept outside their own shop the street would be clean."
Old 05-23-2006, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Begle1

Now, in all honesty...

PLEASE TELL ME YOU ARE KIDDING! *** are they supposed to use to do their work? Are you going to keep buying them computers so they can destroy them? A pencil is no more a weapon that 3/4 of the stuff we use everyday. If it can be used as a weapon then let's ban it! You should park (or sell) your truck because it can kill if used in a manner it was not intended for!
Old 05-23-2006, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by DR3500
PLEASE TELL ME YOU ARE KIDDING! *** are they supposed to use to do their work? Are you going to keep buying them computers so they can destroy them? A pencil is no more a weapon that 3/4 of the stuff we use everyday. If it can be used as a weapon then let's ban it! You should park (or sell) your truck because it can kill if used in a manner it was not intended for!
Either you are joking or you havn't had as much Begle as the rest of us
Old 05-24-2006, 12:49 AM

Ok seriously,... 3 packs of ketchup is plenty.

But the banned pencil?? Pencils banned in school? No way to how- that is just dumb

Just get an old fashioned pencil and pop a freshman's balloon with that =P