Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

NON-foofoo BREAK ROOM Nov 26-Dec2nd

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 03:33 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Still warm here, 70's. I was watching the weather, and the blue line is moving in my direction.
Top, the socks helped out... I think that they soaked up what was left of the water. I'm cutting another cup right now...
Old 11-30-2006, 05:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by madhat
I'm cutting another cup right now...
Pretty bad when you need to use this to serve the coffee with:

~Rob
Old 11-30-2006, 05:11 PM
Chapter President

The official KABAR coffee stirrer.
Old 11-30-2006, 07:39 PM
DTR Mom

Wink Waitin' to be SNOWED IN up North.....

Still warm here, 70's. I was watching the weather, and the blue line is moving in my direction.
Top, the socks helped out... I think that they soaked up what was left of the water. I'm cutting another cup right now...
whoaaaaa!!!!

I thought they were brownies.....................

(surprisingly good too- THANKS Larry! sorry, not wanting to repeat it..)

What's next here fellas- a used J strap dip for the coffeesports?

Carryingmyownthermos now.... Heidi
Old 12-01-2006, 06:34 AM

Attention people not used to driving on icy bridges!!!
The procedure for crossing an icy bridge DOES NOT involve jamming on your brakes about 1/2 way across the bridge.
Anticipate (I know, most people can't do that at anytime, let alone when the weather is bad) the bridge, ease back the throttle PRIOR to crossing the bridge and keep your tires in the "groove" (if any) of the rest of the traffic where it is usually dry!!!

Where's the ?

~Rob
Old 12-01-2006, 06:34 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Where is everybody? You slackers get out of the racks and turn to!...or three!
Old 12-01-2006, 06:37 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Jeeze-O-Pete's! Just because a couple schools close, you think you can sleep in? Coffee's on while the janitor's out shoveling. No donuts today... somebody slept in instead makeing donuts.

Got a hiney-gnawing by one of the road commission boyz. Seems they don't like me useing the "other" coffee to thaw the road. Apparently it corrodes the plow blades, not allowing them to budget 3 years for each blade...
Old 12-01-2006, 06:42 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by hotdram
Attention people not used to driving on icy bridges!!!
The procedure for crossing an icy bridge DOES NOT involve jamming on your brakes about 1/2 way across the bridge.
Anticipate (I know, most people can't do that at anytime, let alone when the weather is bad) the bridge, ease back the throttle PRIOR to crossing the bridge and keep your tires in the "groove" (if any) of the rest of the traffic where it is usually dry!!!

Where's the ?

~Rob
Trying to tell people in Texas how to drive is like trying to teach a stump how to make change.

More than likely they had their cruise control on and when they hit the ice the vehicle tried to accelerate on the ice. They could feel the tires break loose and they hit the brake to kill the cruise. We see it up here all the time. We just had a family of 5 (illegals) killed when their truck went out of control on an icey bridge, crossed the median and hit a semi head on. Cruise was found in the "on" position.

I guess Nebraskans are dummer than stumps too, we live in cold country.
Old 12-01-2006, 06:52 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
What does 'ice on the road' mean? Did someone spill an ice cooler?
Current temp is 70, 64% humidity. I've got the window unit on in my office.

BTW, Chaiwka, I used what was left in the pot last night as a chock for my truck when I was jacking it up. I think that it melted some of the rubber on my tire. Let's send it in as an oil sample, see what they say...
Old 12-01-2006, 07:21 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
BTW Chaiwka, Let's send it in as an oil sample, see what they say...
Been there, done that. The last time I did it, they told me the 'oil' had too many miles on it and had a higher than normal concentration of lead. What really amazed them was the fact that it was still warm when they received it!

No shoveling here yet Don, but I hadda put on ice skates to get to the barn... about a 1/2" of ice everywhere. The wires are sagging pretty good too, so it's only a matter of time before we lose power too. S'posed to change to snow sometime this AM. I hate snow.

2nd pot o' is on. Someone left something on the counter that I guess is s'posed to resemble the donuts. They aren't bad but I dunno if the green stuff is fuzz or frosting.

Everyone be careful on that slippery stuff!

chaikwa.
Old 12-01-2006, 07:37 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
All this talk about ice and snow revives dim memories about stuff like that from another life. You guys can keep all of it. It's another beauuuuuttiiful day down here. On my way out to visit some visiting Canuck snowbirds in their fivers. (The smart ones who escape the "nice" weather up north)
Hey Bob, did you read that your friend Rep. Tom Tancredo, R-Colo., has said that Florida is now like a third world country. Is that why you leave there so much and head to more civilized places?
Public holiday here for our new president. Calderon and his new government need your prayers.
Old 12-01-2006, 07:55 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

We just called in a couple more cars to work. It was freezeing rain after midnight and turned to heavy, wet snow before daylight. They're stacking up like coordwood... or Texans. One more hour and I get to drive in it. Calling for a foot or better my way.
Old 12-01-2006, 08:21 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Mornin all,

Hey Don, I found two donuts - - they were bunched up in one corner of the kitchen - - I guess that is as far as they could crawl - - funny legs under them, sorta green and slimy. I saved one for ya - - the other, well , let's not go there.

Stan, just rub it in baby. Heading for 83 here today - - big cold front moving in though on Saturday - - it will only be 71 on Sunday. Wow, might have to find them long johns yet. Third world country? Yeh, sorta - - but getting that way all over the states. I always say when the last American leaves Florida, please lock the gate and bring the flag.

Going down to help decorate the church today - - getting ready for the big weekend - - three performances. Going to be a busy week with practices every day starting tomorrow, then Friday, Saturday and Sunday performances. Ya'll come - - everyone invited. Gotta run - - see ya.

BusyBob
Old 12-01-2006, 08:52 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Siting here in my warm and fuzzy clothes, got a nice fire going in the stove and fresh ( snuck out of Heidi's thermos)..
Took the day off today, was planning on taking a mare over to Manhattan to the K-State Vet Hospital for a follow-up radiograph of an injured leg, but decided to wait till next week so the roads can clear completly off. No point in risking the ice with a mare that has a bum leg when it can wait. Soooo... I got NUTTIN to do today but relax and watch the dogs slide across the driveway when they try to walk...
Ya know , it looks COLD out there!!!...(actually I went out around 0400 to feed and break ice off the water tanks and dern ner froze off some parts that I want to keep!)...We dodged the bullet on teh snow and it missed my place. Just a few miles away they got over 8 inches....
Well... time to take a nap, or maybe clean a couple saddles or find anythign to do that involves staying INSIDE....
Hope y'all havea good'un and be carefull on the roads today.
Old 12-01-2006, 11:28 AM

Fiver, Mex, and all others with the AC on: I'm thinking ya'll need some scud snowballs lobbed down your direction to bring you back to reality. But, alas, I'm far too nice of a guy to shock your systems .

Still chilly here, but warming up. If it hits zero here Sunday per the forecast, the slush will disasterous.

Anyway...day off..slept in a little...waiting for Greyhound to pick up a parcel...coffee is on...my own blend...Chaikwa's would kill me .

Quick Reply: NON-foofoo BREAK ROOM Nov 26-Dec2nd