Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

NON-foofoo BREAK ROOM Nov 26-Dec2nd

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 07:51 PM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink YEE HAW !! Who needs xbox 360 ????

Originally Posted by Shovelhead
EEeeeeenteresting this evening.
Pulled up in front of the house to find a teenage kid scurring across my backyard and the yard of the house next door carrying a blue bucket.
Checked the house (Wifey OK but unaware), armed up and checked the garage....all good.
Saw punk on the next street, saw the water he spilled in my next door driveway, caught up with him as he was re-filling his bucket with water from the neighbor's outdoor faucet.
Said he was "just" getting water.
Told him that was a good way to "just" get shot.

Seems him and his "Stoner" buddys have built themselves a Dope Smoke'n site in the woods across the street complete with lawn chairs and a fire pit.(I assume the water was for the campfire...Smokey Bear would be proud)
Got to have a little "Come to Jesus" meeting with three of 'em.
(Didn't need to disclose that I was a little "heavy" at the 4:30 position on the strong side)
Three (now VERY sober) stoners were seen rapidly leaving the area, Neighborhood watch has also been alerted.

Time to move to the boonies.
DO!!! YES INDEED!! I have 95 acres and it really is the Wild West when you are the law (scary noise ). Just one crazy 'chase down' of hunters, fourwheelers, dope GROWERS (out here in wine country) and campers in actual RVs; per year keeps my neighbors whisperings of the LEGEND (awe struck sound ) alive- locals do not come back. new comers do not get to be locals........HAR HAR HARRWWWWWRGGGHHHH

and it sounded like you had JUST as much fun without running up and down hills for two miles .......couch........please...enough John Wayne for today.....gasp ......and YOU looked scary instead of ridiculously deranged.....
Old 11-29-2006, 10:11 PM

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
Good evening and salutations and all that.

Shovel-Ed, living in the boonies doesn't help. Don't want to bust your bubble, or yank your carpet out from under you, or deflate your honda dreams. We get them all the time, when you live in the boonies, they're no longer called dope smokin hippies.... they're called neighbours.
Anyway, midst of a heat wave here, knocking on the door of -22, with snow, yay us. Better than -45 though, so I'll just shut up.

Time for me to hunt down some fresh prepared food at a restaurant of my choice.

Love peace 'n' chicken grease

nutsbackdownandnowcoveredinsnowpindout
Old 11-29-2006, 10:35 PM

Evenin' way too cold and windy for me all day. Bringing the old CTD into the dealer for warranty work tomorrow AM. While towing a Ford 1 Ton on a gooseneck trailer it shutoff on me, while trying to get it to the side of the road the guy behind me clipped the trailer.... He is now trying to press charges on me that i left the scene of an accident. Hard to do when the IP went completely dead and i wasnt able to restart it. Cant wait for this one!!... Coffee maker blew up this mornin here at the house, So I was without it all day, Lary and the boys didnt like how i treated the donut the other mornin after it went for my jugular. So I let the break room settle down for a bit. Got a new coffee maker and its way to over my head, it always keeps the water hot. and there is no on and off switch. So I have no idea how to run it......

willbereadingdirectionsfornewcoffeemakerforthenext 8hours
Old 11-30-2006, 05:57 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Thoisday Monin'
Froggy mornin' in DC.
Warm though, with wet stuff heading this way for the weekend.
Should still be of the liquid variety, no frozen stuff....thank goodness.

Hope today is a little more slow paced than yesterday.

Coffee's on.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:03 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
HEY! What happened to the fall weather? It's cold as a brass monkey! It's as cold as a well digger's behind. 10 freakin degrees outside!

I'm gonna fire up the ol Garmin GPS and plug in 5erBob's address and go visit for a few months. What was that address again 5erBob?

Packingforanice,longvisit.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:22 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Gieco, get any of the snow yet? or just the ice?
We got about an half inch of ice and we're supposed to be getting 5-6 inches of snow this AM. Better than the guys on teh MO side tho, Columbia area is slated for 20".....

Doc told me I need to lay off the coffee and drink more water...stupid Doctor... Appearently 3 pots a day isnt healthy? who'd a thunk it..

Slide all the way into work this morning, roads are mini-skating rinks. Forgot how much fun it is to drive a dually on ice! Filled a 55 gallon drum with water and strapped it in the bed for a little ballast, but still wound up needing 40 minutes for my 15 minute drive...
I HATE WINTER AND COLD WEATHER.....IT STINKS.....Gieco, on your way south, stop and pick me up!
Old 11-30-2006, 07:45 AM
Chapter President

We need more coffee this morning, even if it is dripping slow out of the pot. It was 80 degrees yesterday afternoon and 70 in the morning, but today its 27 with a 16 wind chill.
Old 11-30-2006, 07:54 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Geico266
I'm gonna fire up the ol Garmin GPS and plug in 5erBob's address and go visit for a few months. What was that address again 5erBob?
Packingforanice,longvisit.
Hey, you will love it here - - I have many many lizards in the yard. From your place, head north about 400 miles, then look for the yellow skies and head for them. You can't miss us. Send up a rocket and I will guide you in. Bring your golf clubs, man - - and your shorts - - going to 82 today - - our AC is on.

Mornin' all - - appreciate the nice quiet awakening this morning - - all wound up when I hit the sack last night and couldn't sleep. Coffee not bad, either. I will have my foo foo stuff for the second cup. Sorry about the cold weather - - but it is quite warm in a lot of the north country - - I have all the fans blowing north - - should help some.

Working on pool cage today - - can't believe some idiot doesn't use stainless anchors in a cage. Better tie that sucker back down before the next big blow. See ya,

Bob
Old 11-30-2006, 08:12 AM

Thursday mornin' Hi all on the downhill side of the week, and end of November.
Need more coffee ,
Feed wife and kids their morning gruel, and got them all out the door.
Ed don't matter where you go, there are gonna be stoners, You might convince them to move on, For them kinka meetin'g I usully heavy also, and my wife will have 357 goood reason for them to move on..
Supposed to get a cold front move thru Houston latter today. Got snow in the panhandle yesterday.
FiferBob, get readdy for an invasion from the north . Have some foofoo reddy for them.
When I got out on rounds today might have to hit the donut shop and have a . Their donuts don't bark or bite back.
Take care all, have a gud un.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:17 AM
DTR College Boy and FUN SIZED!!!!!!!!!!

'Mornin all...coffee is flowin here in the valley of the sun. Its 33 out, feels like 29. It was 90 degrees last week! woohoo!
Old 11-30-2006, 09:06 AM

Berrrrr, cold front moved in. Windy, blowing acorns off the trees and hitting the house. Some cold rain.
Wilfe called me to bail 4th grader grandaughter outta shool, seemes she has been struck down by internal disorders and her head temp is up. Walked to the school and got her. Gee, figgered out, Time to hang up the shorts for a while.
Need more
Old 11-30-2006, 10:49 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Everyone get their coffee this AM? I put a pot on early then had to go to a meeting with a potential customer at 7AM. New pot's brewing as we speak and donuts that don't talk back are on the counter.

Rainin' here this AM, s'posed to change to snow later and be just generally miserable. Might get between 3 and 6 inches tomorrow. I hate winter!

Gotta go back to the barn cleanin'. About 1/2 of it is done now, and we're on the 6th 20 yard roll-off dumpster, so I guess we're makin' headway.

Have a day!

chaikwa.
Old 11-30-2006, 11:06 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by chaikwa
Everyone get their coffee this AM? I put a pot on early then had to go to a meeting with a potential customer at 7AM. New pot's brewing as we speak and donuts that don't talk back are on the counter.

chaikwa.
Yes sir....I came in early and rinsed my socks in the coffee pot then put them back on, sure does warm up the feet in a hurry on these chilly mornings. Plus it has the added benefit of allowing me to wear the same socks for weeks at a time
Old 11-30-2006, 01:43 PM

Another cold day, getting pretty much nothing done at all. (thanksfully im self employed hehe) This mornin I thoguht Chaikwa was playing his games and decided to put salt in the sugar dispensor again, turns out it was Lary washin his socks off in the coffee pot... again!! After pondering the taste of the coffee i think Lary's socks helps the taste of Chaikwa's coffee. Have a great day fellas!
Old 11-30-2006, 01:54 PM
Chapter President

What does it mean when the coffee left over from last week burns with a green flame??? I knew I should have cleaned that cup out sooner. Maybe I can mount it to my bumper and burn the ice off the road. I'm surprised I haven't seen any recreations of "Texans On Ice" yet today. (still gotta go home though so I might get to see it yet)(I'm not planning on joining the cast though thank you)

Quick Reply: NON-foofoo BREAK ROOM Nov 26-Dec2nd