Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

NON-foofoo BREAK ROOM Nov 26-Dec2nd

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 07:25 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Kansas Weather-winter is here

Geesh....
Yesterday we set a record high of 73*f here.... now its 28* and windchill of 17 and that is the high today, freezing rain and possibly snow later.... Gotta love it.

and more ....need something to keep my piggies warm! I know its colder other places, but man, what a sudden change! I am not ready for this at all.
Old 11-29-2006, 07:30 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Morning people coffee is good Donuts ain't bad if you can catch em

Got to go see another Doc today so he can set up an appt with another Doc......Geesh all I wanted was to tighten up the valve train a little and maybe adjust the carburetor...Looks like I might be needing a Glassechtomy

For those of you not aware of that procedure, they cut out your belly button and put in a clear piece of glass....that way when you walk around with your head up your hind end, you will at least be able to see where you are going
Old 11-29-2006, 07:56 AM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The donuts just growled at me. I just tried to stir the coffee, of half of the spoon that was submerged, it ate the bottom half of that and won't come off the other half, I'd say it's ready for ya'll to go.
Top, looks like you need about 3 more referrals and you can get the next one free.
Got me a list of things to do this morning before classes and a module to put on a truck after classes, along with winter coming sometime about then.
Scaredofthedonutsduallydogout
Old 11-29-2006, 08:00 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Duallydog
The donuts just growled at me
Growl back, they back down pretty easy.

chaikwa.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:11 AM
Admin Team Leader

The donuts just growled at me.
Hey thats pretty good I could only get a drooling snarl out of them
Old 11-29-2006, 08:20 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
HEY! You guys should see the NEW donut shop that opened just around the corner! FRESH coffee, and WARM FRESH donuts. I'm thinking Chitakawaia is gonna be hurtin in a few days.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:31 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Geico266
HEY! You guys should see the NEW donut shop that opened just around the corner! FRESH coffee, and WARM FRESH donuts.
Gee, maybe they're hiring. You could get a JOB!

Gotta love that Lizard Boy's sense of humor!

chaikwa.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:12 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Just took the truck in to the dealer for some warrenty work... I cringe every time I leave my truck there. Kinda like dropping one of your kids off at a bad day care service. New stering wheel, (2nd time they replaced it) some interior trim, and getting my speedo recallabrated again. Ever hear of reflashing the ECM to fix an A/C problem? That's what they told me they did last time I had the truck there, but I'm not buying it.
Glad to hear that you're not dead, Top. I thought the glass came standard in all Army models E-7 and up? It's susposed to be plexiglass to handle the constant strain and pressure, right?

Chaikwa, I dropped off one of the doughnuts at that new coffee shop, some one hollered, "GERNADE!!!!" Then it started barking and ran everyone else off. Business should be picking up again soon.

chaikwadoesn'tneedtoworryaboutsiscorsIhaveclippers
Old 11-29-2006, 09:36 AM
DTR Mom

Talking CONFUSED ANIMAL CONTROL OFFICER wandering...

Originally Posted by madhat
Chaikwa, I dropped off one of the doughnuts at that new coffee shop, some one hollered, "GERNADE!!!!" Then it started barking and ran everyone else off. Business should be picking up again soon.

chaikwadoesn'tneedtoworryaboutsiscorsIhaveclippers

Is this take your pet to work day' round here???!!! Geeeesh..............

Drop by for a cuppa something and get back to work but think i'll just not make eye contact and back away s l o w l y ..........

Seen CHAIKWA? Try weedwhacker; 20 horse evinrude, then we are talkin' hair trim.........DOWN BOY, DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good news TOP, prayers with ya! Just don't let them do the differential!
Old 11-29-2006, 12:20 PM

Top, you almost killed me .... I was eating a large bowl of Frosted Flakes and read the little statement in yer signature "I never finish anyth " .... thought I was gonna have to call a medic to clear the clog of flakes trying to exit my nostrils !!

Drizzled most of the day ... pretty gloomy. The kind of day that makes you just want to turn around and go back to bed. If it wasn't for those fuzzy little growling things running around the gedunk room ... I wouldn't have stuck around as long as I did. The little guys are kind of entertaining ... just don't sprinkle them with water or feed them after midnight.

Time to hit the rack ... 0400 comes around pretty early in these parts.

PISTOL
Old 11-29-2006, 01:38 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
[QUOTE=Justwannabeme;1227667]
Seen CHAIKWA? Try weedwhacker; 20 horse evinrude, then we are talkin' hair trim.........DOWN BOY, DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE]

I got something for that... One of the guys at the range still has some NAPALM around here, somewhere.
Old 11-29-2006, 01:56 PM
DTR Mom

Wink NAPALM hair Treatment for the janitor

[QUOTE=madhat;1228047]
Originally Posted by Justwannabeme

QUOTE]

I got something for that... One of the guys at the range still has some NAPALM around here, somewhere.
REDLEG, FIVERBOB (Hey QT!) and I have seen the janitor; believe me- his
flaming, reddish- tint bushy hair?
............................................Looks like someone beat you to the DT232
(Agent orange) Might as well try to add a touch of stylin' gel
Old 11-29-2006, 02:28 PM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by PistolWhipt
Top, you almost killed me .... I was eating a large bowl of Frosted Flakes and read the little statement in yer signature "I never finish anyth " .... thought I was gonna have to call a medic to clear the clog of flakes trying to exit my nostrils !!

PISTOL
Oops Let me just say that I apologize from the bottom of my hea

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
Good news TOP, prayers with ya! Just don't let them do the differential!
I am wondering if a self done lookupyerbumoscopy is feasible?

Maybe if I can find a miners helmet and a length of rope cause I ain't liking the idea of exposing the rear flank

Top, looks like you need about 3 more referrals and you can get the next one free.
Yep got my 3rd referral today I now have a choice of a new toaster or a blender as a free gift......

I am leaning toward the toaster as a way to dry my socks after rinsing them in the coffee pot here every morning. With winter coming on, they might not dry as fast on my feet as they have all Summer long
Old 11-29-2006, 03:16 PM
DTR's Cow Boss

Well I just got back from the eye doctor and I need glasses I knew that already as I have not had my original RX glasses since I was in the fifth grade So since I was going down this road again I got glasses that would hold up to rigors of working with me. I got a pair of Oakley of all things glass that have titanium frames and are flexible.

http://mi.oakley.com/site/media/cach....png_0_0_0.jpg
Old 11-29-2006, 04:14 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
EEeeeeenteresting this evening.
Pulled up in front of the house to find a teenage kid scurring across my backyard and the yard of the house next door carrying a blue bucket.
Checked the house (Wifey OK but unaware), armed up and checked the garage....all good.
Saw punk on the next street, saw the water he spilled in my next door driveway, caught up with him as he was re-filling his bucket with water from the neighbor's outdoor faucet.
Said he was "just" getting water.
Told him that was a good way to "just" get shot.

Seems him and his "Stoner" buddys have built themselves a Dope Smoke'n site in the woods across the street complete with lawn chairs and a fire pit.(I assume the water was for the campfire...Smokey Bear would be proud)
Got to have a little "Come to Jesus" meeting with three of 'em.
(Didn't need to disclose that I was a little "heavy" at the 4:30 position on the strong side)
Three (now VERY sober) stoners were seen rapidly leaving the area, Neighborhood watch has also been alerted.

Time to move to the boonies.

Quick Reply: NON-foofoo BREAK ROOM Nov 26-Dec2nd