Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

no good deed goes unpunished

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 09:10 PM
Muted User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
no good deed goes unpunished

i dont know if any of you guys have ever noticed this or ever had a time in your lives when this stuff happens EVERY time you do something, this stuff is really getting to me here lately. people will want something done, you do your best to make it happen, sometimes at your own expense and time, then get reamed by everyone when it happens, including the person who wanted it to happen. yeah i know its sounds really general but i figure if i keep names, dates, accounts of what happened out of it, i figure its less of a chance of this to come back on me for one reason or another, just really getting tired of putting forth a big effort to get nothing or cussed at in return. sorry if this makes no sense but i just needed to vent.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:19 PM
DTR's Self Appointed Beer Advisor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No.... I understand what your saying. I don't do things for other people looking for praise. I do things for other people because I like too. But I don't want to get taken advantage of or lose in the process. In fact, I doing a $3500 paint job for a buddy of mine for basically free. But, he is helping and I am teaching him how to paint so he is pretty appreciative. Can't ask for much more.

Britt

Old 08-30-2007, 09:33 PM
Banned

I feel ya man, I once was told to go cut a hay field by an old man RIGHT after it had been raining for DAYS. I told him it was a bad idea etc. because of ruts and possibly getting stuck, but he didn't want to hear it for a second. It was either go cut then or not at all... SOO after getting stuck 3 times in one day while cutting and then a 4th time while bailing (leaving one set of knarly ruts about 3' deep!) I finish and when I go up to him he is raiving mad! "Why did you rut up my yard etc etc...."

Oh well!
Old 08-30-2007, 11:28 PM
Muted User

i try to please some of the people all of the time or please all of the people some of the time, but usually it is them being ****** me. i dont do it for praise either, i just try to do stuff that will improve the general good, like the truck pull, but i get yelled at cause now there will be too many trucks. someone will see this and run and tell someone in the club and ill probably get ripped for this.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:40 PM

thats why i never do anything for anyone.
Old 08-31-2007, 04:32 AM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Does this have anything to do with me being home for 18 days in over two months?
Old 08-31-2007, 08:23 AM
Administrator

Received 172 Likes on 130 Posts
Logan man, trust me, I know exactly where you are at............. The only thing I can say is hang in there, God eventually smiles on ya, and in that moment you know all the BS was worth it.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:07 AM
REALLY old dog

Talking

YEARS A GO I USE TO ENERTAIN FOR A LIVING, (I RETIRED FROM IT BECAUSE I DIDNT WANT TO BE A HAS BIN TRYING TO LIVE IN THE PAST) WHILE ENERTANING I HAD GREAT SUCESS ,AND WAS ASKED ABOUT HOW I ACHEAVED IT, FOR ONE THING HONERED REQUESTS THAT WOULD **** OFF THE LEAST AMOUNT OF PEOPLE AT ONE TIME !
YOU CAN`T PLEASE ALL THE PEOPLE ALL THE TIME !
WORKD PRETTY MUCH THE SAME IN LIFE , ALWAYS TRY TO HELP PEOPLE ,(NOT FOR PRAISE) JUST TO BE HELPFUL,IF YOU EXPECT MORE FROM IT YOUR KIDDING YOUR SELF, IT WOULD PROBAABLY BE MORE PROFITABLE TO BE SELF CENTERED AND ONLY DO FOR YOURSELF ,BUT THEN YOU HAVE TO LIVE WITH THE FACT THAT YOU COULD HAVE HELPED SOME ONE AND MADE THEIR LIFE A LITTLE BETTER AND DIDN`T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HAVE A GOOD ONE
CLAUDETEA BREWED IN KILYS SOCK FOR ADDED FLAVOR,AHH GOOD
Old 08-31-2007, 12:10 PM

I remember several years back I loaned a friend (at the time) my old spare Ford pickup. Well it ended up breaking down on him one day after using it for weeks at no cost!
He came in to work that night complaining about my "no good truck"...
That was it I said just get it back to my house and called him a few choice words....The guy ended up being a real scumbag looking back at things and where he ended up today. I dont feel sorry for him one bit.

Last time I loan a vehicle.
Old 09-01-2007, 12:13 AM
Muted User

Originally Posted by old dog
IT WOULD PROBAABLY BE MORE PROFITABLE TO BE SELF CENTERED AND ONLY DO FOR YOURSELF ,BUT THEN YOU HAVE TO LIVE WITH THE FACT THAT YOU COULD HAVE HELPED SOME ONE AND MADE THEIR LIFE A LITTLE BETTER AND DIDN`T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
then i get told im acting like an *** cause im being self centered and everyone jumps my case about it and then they ask me why i aint been around them helping THEM with there projects. i am glad i am leaving ohio though, this last few weeks have really opened my eyes, this has been a long time coming and these last 2 weeks hopefully will go fast, down there i can walk in anywhere and get a job and i get respected, up here everyone has an opinion of me and what i do, no matter what it is, it usually isnt a very good opinion even though i haven't done anything to them, i cant even get a job at a parts store and i got a dang associates degree in auto mechanics/high performance, its rather pathetic. i probably wont even tell my "friends" bye when i leave, ill just bow out gracefully and they wont notice for a week or more that ive left, then they will be ****** cause i didnt say bye. ive been through some real LOW times in my life and had to do alot of stuff i didnt like to do to survive but i did them and usaully payed for it in th elong run, all of this just feels like a punch in the face to me really.