Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

No Call List on Hold (This Stinks)

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2003, 07:57 AM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re:No Call List on Hold (This Stinks)

[quote author=BIGCUMMINZ link=board=10;threadid=20066;start=0#msg188841 date=1064448854]
what if this do not call was just some sort of scam where they just did this to get EVERYONES numbers who dont want these phone calls, and will now just harass them more
[/quote]

If it were telemarketing companies setting it up then that would be a concern of mine as well, but it's the Federal Trade Commission. No scam. This is a good thing. Besides, how would it benefit them to make people angry when they're trying to sell a product?
Old 09-25-2003, 08:00 AM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[quote author=hotdram link=board=10;threadid=20066;start=0#msg189044 date=1064489201]According to what I have read, so far, the Texas state no-call list has not been challenged and is still valid.
[/quote]

And it works!!! I signed up for it when it first came out and we've had VERY few calls since it went into effect. In fact, I don't think we've had any....but we also don't answer the phone if the Caller ID shows "Unknown" or "Private" number.
Old 09-25-2003, 08:31 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If time permits, I like to pretend I have a hairlip, and ask alot of questions about their product, if they start laughing, get upset and threaten a lawsuit. If they don't laugh, I'll inform them I want their product, but get refused for credit cards all the time.
Old 09-25-2003, 02:41 PM

Woo whoo. Looks like the list is back on (for now):
CNN Link

"Fifty million Americans can't be wrong" -- I like the quote
Old 09-27-2003, 04:43 AM

I have anonymous call block on my phone, so that stops about 95% of telemarketing calls. It won't allow the call to ring through to my phone unless they type in a valid phone number.

I too don't answer my phone at home. I rarely answer my cell phone. I have to answer my work phone or the boss gets a little upset.

I think we should give Saddam's number to the telemarketer's, he'll turn himself in in no time. Give them the phone lists of all France and Germany numbers too.. ;D

One other trick is to have your name listed as something other than your own in the phone book (i.e. Phil Mycrackin, Seymore Houters). I had mine listed as Jim Bond. Everytime someone called and asked for Jim Bond, I would just hang up. One of my all time favorites is to ask for their home number so you can call them back later. Don't forget to ask when they eat dinner so you can catch them at that time.

-Muzzy
Old 09-27-2003, 08:50 AM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

The amazing thing about this ruling is that a judge actually followed the law instead of doing what was "fair", "nice" or popular. I hate telemarketing calls, but I respect a judge who does his job.
Old 09-27-2003, 11:52 AM

I find it interesting that the federal lawmakers are so happy to jump on this popular band wagon are fine with a law after they have exempted themselves from the effects of it.

Basicly it also offends me to see them exercise their power in running the new law through in such an expedient manner, what did it take 2 days from bill to law? which leads me to wonder why IMPORTANT LEGISLATION takes so long to wind it's way through the system.(Sometimes this is a good thing)

I could go on but you get the idea.

By the way, Ohio struck down the consealed carry law this week,on legal grounds. While I do not/would not carry it still bothers me the way some things are done.

O.K.,Soap box disassembled,putaway,and hiddn under lock and key(is this legal?)