Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

New Year Party Break Room 12/29 - 1/4

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2014, 05:40 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by j_martin
Try putting a marine (or diesel) fuel filter/water separator after the twine ball filter yer using now.
Way ahead of ya! Did the marine filter last year, finest micron one available, Wix spin-on filter with a drainable clear sediment bowl that screws onto the bottom of it. Usually get all kinds of crud out of the drain. Today I got nothing except clean, clear red oil. I take the oil line off the burner and open the tank valve, letting the lines flush before I re-start with a new nozzle. I got nothing out of anything today. I even took off the line from the tank that feeds the filter... no crud. I also changed the filter even tho I just changed it a week ago. Didn't see anything in it nor was there anything in the sediment bowl. Running fine right now. The problem rears it's ugly head when it goes over-night without firing and everything is cold. I initially thought it was gelling, but it never fails to provide a good flow at the burner. It's all a 1/2" copper line from the tank to the inside of the shop just before the filter and there's an anti-gel additive in the tank. I'm only firing a .50 gph nozzle, so I know it's a very fine hole, but if it doesn't clog or even SHOW in the filter, it should go thru the nozzle I would think.
Old 01-01-2014, 07:49 PM

Had a good time last night. went to some friend's place. Crock pot/smoked ribs, pork and beans (3 or 4 kinds of pork, not just hot dog slices), macaroni salad, and cole slaw. Angela cooks ribs in the crock pot then Travis smokes them. Just about ate the right amount. Should have skipped the cookie. Tried some froo-froo drink, ice, shot of Malibu, shot of Bacardi, and fill it up with pineapple juice. Wasn't bad. Think I'll stick to Captain and Dr Pepper. Around here we call that a "Bart" because that's what Bart drinks and he drinks a lot of it.

My last kitten found its way through the basement and into the house. Took a nap this afternoon, walked into the kitchen, and there it was eating the dog's food.

Gotta go to town for some dog food and some groceries. Got a chiropractor visit in the morning. Threw my back out over the weekend. Cut 2 pick-up loads of firewood Saturday, got up Monday and my lower back was sore, by the end of the day I had to be real careful how I stood and leaned. Tuesday morning I could feel where it was out, called for my appointment, got in the old whitferd with the bused-out seat, and an hour later my back was fine again. Oh well, needed a tune-up anyhow. Walking up and down and across hills a couple days last week killing cedar trees didn't help, I know that.

Wonder if the health privacy (think it was called "HIPA) laws are still in the books. And if you could use them to hide health info from obamacare since the IRS is not a practicing health care provider. Next thing you know they will probably start cancelling CDL's for not having it.
Old 01-01-2014, 08:35 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by chaikwa
Way ahead of ya! Did the marine filter last year, finest micron one available, Wix spin-on filter with a drainable clear sediment bowl that screws onto the bottom of it. Usually get all kinds of crud out of the drain. Today I got nothing except clean, clear red oil. I take the oil line off the burner and open the tank valve, letting the lines flush before I re-start with a new nozzle. I got nothing out of anything today. I even took off the line from the tank that feeds the filter... no crud. I also changed the filter even tho I just changed it a week ago. Didn't see anything in it nor was there anything in the sediment bowl. Running fine right now. The problem rears it's ugly head when it goes over-night without firing and everything is cold. I initially thought it was gelling, but it never fails to provide a good flow at the burner. It's all a 1/2" copper line from the tank to the inside of the shop just before the filter and there's an anti-gel additive in the tank. I'm only firing a .50 gph nozzle, so I know it's a very fine hole, but if it doesn't clog or even SHOW in the filter, it should go thru the nozzle I would think.
Is the nozzle plugging, or is it just not igniting, or is it igniting with a poor flame and the flame detection misses it, or is it firing near normal and the flame detection is marginal?

It's obvious you're up on the fuel delivery end of it.
Old 01-01-2014, 11:48 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chaikwa
open the tank valve, letting the lines flush before I re-start with a new nozzle.
Is it a gravity feed system?

Originally Posted by Mexstan
NO! Just more of off the beaten track Mexico.
You know a lot more about it than I do but with some of the stories I have read it sounds a little more dangerous than 25 years ago.

Did nothing today but cleaned up the mess from last night.
Some moron hit the cold vinyl siding of the garage at just the right angle with a rocket that it blew a chunk of siding off.
You don't really notice it unless its daylight.
Old 01-01-2014, 11:50 PM

SUMbeech! Sat down here to shut the computer off, and hear a pop. Left side of my glasses moved around some. The springed hinge let go. Guess I better cancel the chiropractor app't tomorrow and go to the glasses shop.
Old 01-02-2014, 12:04 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Dang boy...starting off the new year blind aint good

Been working on a operating system clean install on my biz PC since 10am...I can't begin to tell you how many things have gone wrong with it

Oh well got it going now still adding programs and moving files around....I love Windows...please shoot me
Old 01-02-2014, 12:05 AM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by Bark

Did nothing today but cleaned up the mess from last night.
Some moron hit the cold vinyl siding of the garage at just the right angle with a rocket that it blew a chunk of siding off.
You don't really notice it unless its daylight.
I used to have that problem until I got MUCH bigger rockets
Old 01-02-2014, 12:58 AM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, just what I need. Rockets that leave nice clean holes going through the house.
Also, I can't use your rockets here. The planes going over on the Japan route usually are flying under 40'000 feet.
Old 01-02-2014, 05:32 AM
Admin Team Leader

Fresh Pot of Joe is on, phoo in the carafe for Bob and his lovely, hot water for you tea drinkers is on the counter.

Fresh fruit and cereals for those that are hungry and here is wishing you a rousing good start to the new year!
Old 01-02-2014, 06:06 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Fresh Pot of Joe is on, phoo in the carafe for Bob and his lovely, hot water for you tea drinkers is on the counter.

Fresh fruit and cereals for those that are hungry and here is wishing you a rousing good start to the new year!
Wow, I think all that stuff I hear about you are all wrong - - you are really a good guy - - really - - ph00 all ready for us - - all right, man. ...............................................ummmm, good.

Morning all - - time to rise and shine. Still trying to fix my neighbors computer. Poor thing - - if a window pops up telling her she needs to download this, or that, she does it. Blew out windows and I could not get it running. Could go back more than one day - - never seen that before. So, had to back it up under safe mode, then reformat and reload. Now I can't find the drivers for her FIOS router on any disks and get online. Trying to find them and save them to a disk from home and take them over to use. Wow, Lary, with ya and the amount of time this can take. Don't do it everyday so it takes me forever.

OK, off for some more frustration but hopefully success. Later,

Bob
Old 01-02-2014, 06:35 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by j_martin
Is the nozzle plugging, or is it just not igniting, or is it igniting with a poor flame and the flame detection misses it, or is it firing near normal and the flame detection is marginal?
I don't know. It fires up fine initially, but after 15 seconds the transformer shuts off, (it's supposed to), then it rumbles and shuts down on safety. The colder it gets, the worse the problem.

Is it a gravity feed system?
Gravity from the tank to the burner, then the burner has its' own pump to pressurize the fuel for atomization. I have excellent flow all the way to the burner.

Morning all.

It's Thursday, January 2nd.

1788 - Georgia became the 4th state to ratify the U.S. Constitution.

1842 - In Fairmount, PA, the first wire suspension bridge was opened to traffic.

1879 - Thomas Edison began construction on his first generator.

1892 - Ellis Island opened as America's first federal immigration center. Annie Moore, at age 15, became the first person to pass through.

1929 - The United States and Canada reached an agreement on joint action to preserve Niagara Falls.

1935 - Bruno Richard Hauptmann went on trial for the kidnap-murder of Charles Lindberghs baby. Hauptmann was found guilt and executed.

1942 - The Philippine capital of Manila was captured by Japanese forces during World War II.

1960 - U.S. Sen. John F. Kennedy of Massachusetts announced his candidacy for the Democratic presidential nomination.

1974 - U.S. President Richard M. Nixon signed a bill requiring all states to lower the maximum speed limit to 55 MPH. The law was intended to conserve gasoline supplies during an embargo imposed by Arab oil-producing countries. Federal speed limits were abolished in 1995.

1991 - Sharon Pratt Dixon was sworn in as mayor of Washington, DC. She was the first black woman to head a city of that size and prominence.

1996 - AT&T announced that it would eliminate 40,000 jobs over three years.

Today's thought:
Each day of our lives we make deposits in the memory banks of our children.

Thanks for the coffee boss!

TOB&F today please.
Old 01-02-2014, 06:51 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Airborne coffee I couldn't get I to land in the cup. Gona start scraping wall paper off the last room on my house just 5 layers DA sander will help make short work of it.

Everyone have a good day
Old 01-02-2014, 08:22 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts

You know a lot more about it than I do but with some of the stories I have read it sounds a little more dangerous than 25 years ago.

Don't know about that, but my wife and I have no problem touring anywhere in Mexico. The only places that we are leery of are the border cities. Must be the bad influence from the states.

The sun is shining again. Well, sorta, because it is a bit cloudy. No wind. Can hear the woodpeckers and the doves. Presently sipping on a nice freshly squeezed lime and honey in hot water. It beats the DTR coffee. First breakfast time soon.

Hope all of yuh have a very gud tooth day of 2014. Have always wanted to know why in the English language you have the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and all other numbers are th. Why not 1th, 2th, 3th, 4th and so on?
Old 01-02-2014, 09:18 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Mexstan
The sun is shining again. Well, sorta, because it is a bit cloudy. No wind. Can hear the woodpeckers and the doves. Presently sipping on a nice freshly squeezed lime and honey in hot water. It beats the DTR coffee. First breakfast time soon.
Just came in from outside - - sun is out here also after 5 days of clouds. Nice. Had not noticed it from inside - - went out and run back in and get the sunglasses. Radar sure looks different over the gulf and your way. Been hung up in there for days.

More ph00 - - yeh, the hot green tea with lemon and honey is good too, but man that ph00 - - - - ummmmm good. ................................
Old 01-02-2014, 10:57 AM

Received 453 Likes on 344 Posts
It's dark, it's snowing, and I'm wearing clown shoes.
According to the local weather lady we gained 2" of sunlight!

Mornin kids. Spent yesterday packing for the big company trip to America. Is it true you can drive from Canada to Mexico and cross 5 states in 1 day and never leave the same highway?

Quick Reply: New Year Party Break Room 12/29 - 1/4