Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

New way to display decals.

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2002, 06:45 PM
DPG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New way to display decals.

I got decals with my bombs and wanted to display them, but I didn't want to stick them to my truck. So, I went to my local office supply store and bought a package of magnetic 8 1/2 by 11" sheets. Then I got some paint mixed at an auto parts place to match my truck. They also put the paint in aerosal cans for me. I then painted one of the magnetic sheets to match the truck, applied the decals to the sheet, and stuck the sucker to my tailgate. Here's the result. Now I can put the decals on and take them off as often as I wish, and it doesn't effect the finish of my baby. (Notice the display of my DTR sticker!!!)
Old 12-27-2002, 06:47 PM
DPG

Re:New way to display decals.

Here's a close-up. I retouched this pic to get rid of extreme glare.
Old 12-27-2002, 07:01 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey that looks pretty cool. I especially like that pretty blue sticker on the right. ;D<br><br>I also have the Pac-Brake emblems on my truck, but I put mine above the door emblems on the side. If you go to my photo album, you can see some pictures with the emblems showing. You can't see them that well, but it'll give you an idea.
Old 12-27-2002, 08:14 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey DeWain,<br> You still may not want to leave that magnetic material on for long periods at a time. When everybody was going out and buying those magnetic US flags,,, a bunch of folks found out that they were still messing up the paint under it. A friend at work went to take the one off his wifes new Camrey and it pulled the clear-coat off. They even had a segment on the local news about folks having the same problem. This was during the summer time heat, which probably contributed to it also. Just thought I would mention it,,,, But it does look good! ;D
Old 12-27-2002, 08:52 PM
DPG

Hey Dennis! Thanks for the heads-up. I don't plan on keeping it on the truck for any length of time. But I will be sure and watch it.<br><br>Thanks again!
Old 12-27-2002, 08:56 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interesting info. My wife has had a magnet flag on her car for about a year now. I'm going to have to check it when I get home. I didn't realize that anything like that would happen with them. Thanks for the heads up!<br>
Old 12-27-2002, 09:06 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

I wonder if I could get one of those to stick to my Gov't issue steel plate in my head? ;D
Old 12-27-2002, 10:16 PM
DPG

I have an idea, lets take one of those magnetic sheets, and then we'll put a DTR sticker on it and then we'll get Top to.......well, never mind. ;D