Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

This is the new politics thread. lets all be nice ;)

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2004, 06:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I guess Osama's little statement does kind of remind us that GWB has been chasing something in the wrong direction. Why does he not smoke out the Saudi connections?

If the fact that Osama is alive and well hurts Bush and helps Kerry, tough. Go get him. Go get el Quieda. Stop making war on people who have had enough war and had nothing to do with Bin Laden. More than 20 years of it, one way or the other.

Recent polls also say that 75% of Bush supporters think there was an Osama - Saddam link and that there are WMD's left in Iraq. Polls don't make you right.
Old 11-01-2004, 06:34 PM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally posted by Bill Tomlinson
Clinton turned up when he was supposed to. Where was George? No one knows.

Jack, you missed the point here. George is not flawless. He is texas oilman who invaded the wrong country to secure oil profits. It is the old imperial thing. That is the way the world sees it and I am afraid Kerry probably won't be that much different.

I remember the Johnson-Goldwater thing and the liberal Johnson still led the US into a disasterous war.
I didn't say that George was flawless. Nobody is flawless, and that's the way it is. But, even a man being as well versed as you, by your statement, appeart to be a bit naive, about our reasons for going into Iraq. Oil profit was not the motive no matter how much you and your liberal counterparts want to believe it. Given the evidence of that, I'm surprised you'd make such a statement. It's not becoming.
Old 11-01-2004, 06:37 PM

A little boy goes to his dad and asks, "What are
> >Politics?"
> > >
> > > Dad says, "Well son, let me try to explain it this way:
> > > 1.. I'm the head of the family, so call me The
> >President.
> > > 2.. Your mother is the administrator of the money, so
we
> >call her
> > the
> > >Government.
> > > 3.. We're here to take care of your needs, so we'll
call
> >you the
> > >People.
> > > 4.. The nanny, we'll consider her the Working Class.
> > > 5.. Your baby brother, we'll call him the Future.
> > > Now think about that and see if it makes sense."
> > >
> > > So the little boy goes off to bed thinking about what
Dad
> >has said.
> > >Later that night, he hears his baby brother crying, so he
> >gets up to
> > check
> > >on him. He finds that the baby has severely soiled his
diap!
> >er. So the
> > >little boy goes to his parent's room and finds his mother
> >sound asleep.
> > Not
> > >wanting to wake her, he goes to the nanny's room. Finding
the
> >door
> > locked,
> > >he peeks in the keyhole and sees his father in bed with the
> >nanny. He
> > gives
> > >up and goes back to bed.
> > >
> > > The next morning, the little boy says to his father,
"Dad,
> >I think I
> >
> > >understand the concept of politics now."
> > >
> > > The father says, "Good, son, tell me in your own words
> >what you
> > think
> > >politics is all about."
> > >
> > > The little boy replies:
> > > "The President is screwing the Working Class,
> > > While the Government is sound asleep.
> > > The People are being ignored
> > > And the Future is in deep dodo!"
> >
> >
Old 11-01-2004, 06:38 PM

Jack, I remember the exact justification given for the invasion of Iraq. GWB now says that even though these reasons were wrong, he would do it again anyway. And I believe he would.

wmd and terrorists

There are one hundred and ten thousand dead due to GWB's actions. I remember the baby in the well. Are the lives of children in Iraq worth less because their country has been victimized over and over again?
Old 11-01-2004, 06:40 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I guess Osama's little statement does kind of remind us that GWB has been chasing something in the wrong direction. Why does he not smoke out the Saudi connections?
I'm glad he's watchin' em and smokin' em out here in the good ol' US of A.

Research what's going on Saudi.....I think YOU would be surprised how they're fighting the terrorist.
Old 11-01-2004, 06:43 PM
DTR Founder

Recent polls also say that 75% of Bush supporters think there was an Osama - Saddam link and that there are WMD's left in Iraq. Polls don't make you right.
Too many people forget that this is a war on terrorism as a whole, not just on Osama Bin Laden. It's a well known fact that Saddam was linked with terrorism. It's also well known that much of the world including many European countries believed that Iraq had WMD even though now they don't appear to exist there. The intelligence reports all concurred. In addition, France, Germany and Russia had financial interest in Saddam, so why WOULD they want a war with him when it could kill their bottom line?

Don't mind the people there being murdered and raped on a daily basis. I guess it was easy for them to overlook that when there is a financial motive. They try to make you think that it's an oil thing with us to hide the fact that the real financial interest was with them.

I find it sad and sickening to think about, but that is what happened. You're looking at Kerry as your savior. This is a guy who supported the Nuclear Freeze. This is a guy who sat beside Jane Fonda during the Vietnam war. This is a guy who claims he cares about the pow's from Vietnam when in reality, his statements in during the war only caused more pain and suffering on the part of those prisoners. He's falsly accused our troops of raping and murdering their citizens. That to me is sickening.

This is a guy who voted for the 87 billion before he voted against it. This is a guy who was for the war in Iraq before he noticed that Howard Dean and his anti-war stance was kicking his butt. he changed his stance based purely on political convenience.

I can't look at those things and feel good about voting for the guy. I just can't. You can say anything you want, but the facts are there, and they're not pretty.

I'm not saying Bush is without flaw. I would have wanted McCain to win the nomination in 2000, but it didn't happen. I feel like Bush stepped up to the plate and HAS kept our nation secure, by seeking out the terrorists where they are instead of letting them come to us. Do you think it's just a fluke that our country has not been attacked since then? Do you think it's because of our LACK of security that it hasn't happened? I don't think so. Of course there are things that need to be fixed, but I feel like we're heading in the right direction.
Old 11-01-2004, 06:46 PM
DTR Founder

Jack, I remember the exact justification given for the invasion of Iraq. GWB now says that even though these reasons were wrong, he would do it again anyway. And I believe he would.

wmd and terrorists

There are one hundred and ten thousand dead due to GWB's actions. I remember the baby in the well. Are the lives of children in Iraq worth less because their country has been victimized over and over again?
What do you think that number would be if we hadn't gone there? If Saddam had stayed in power, he would have continued to kill hundreds of thousands of his own people. It's a fact, and we know this because we've seen it with our very own eyes in the past.

and by God, I don't want to play a numbers game with you because it's a horrible thing no matter what, but the number is actuality is 10,000, not 110,000.
Old 11-01-2004, 06:49 PM
Chapter President

[QUOTE][i]In addition, France, Germany and Russia had financial interest in Saddam, so why WOULD they want a war with him when it could kill their bottom line?

Don't forget the UN.............they would loose their oil-for-food kickbacks.
Old 11-01-2004, 06:52 PM
DTR Founder

[QUOTE]Originally posted by crobtex
[i]In addition, France, Germany and Russia had financial interest in Saddam, so why WOULD they want a war with him when it could kill their bottom line?

Don't forget the UN.............they would loose their oil-for-food kickbacks.
oh yeah, oil for food. I had totally forgotten about that. ..and here Bill is accusing dubya of a profit motive
Old 11-01-2004, 07:03 PM

Originally posted by Jack Thorpe
... saying Bush is without flaw. I would have wanted McCain to win the nomination in 2000, but it didn't happen. I feel like Bush stepped up to the plate and HAS kept our nation secure, by seeking out the terrorists where they are instead of letting them come to us. Do you think it's just a fluke that our country has not been attacked since then? Do you think it's because of our LACK of security that it hasn't happened? I don't think so. Of course there are things that need to be fixed, but I feel like we're heading in the right direction.
If Karl Rove and GWB had not spread nasty rumours about McCain he would have won.

Now, Jack, name one negative thing about GWB. Just a teeny weeny one. Go on, it won't hurt.... much.

Old 11-01-2004, 07:07 PM
DTR Founder

If Karl Rove and GWB had not spread nasty rumours about McCain he would have won.

Now, Jack, name one negative thing about GWB. Just a teeny weeny one. Go on, it won't hurt.... much.

I already have. I don't like some of his domestic policy in terms of spending. I feel that we spent too much even though we lowered taxes. I DONT feel that we should re-tax, but actually CUT spending. I hate that, and I am in agreement with a lot of fellow Republicans on that, but I don't feel either that I want to give up the security of this nation to someone who sat beside Jane Fonda in the 70's.
Old 11-01-2004, 07:08 PM
Chapter President

[i]Now, Jack, name one negative thing about GWB. Just a teeny weeny one. Go on, it won't hurt.... much. [/B]
I CAN, I CAN.........he should have taken a Dale Carnegie class!
Old 11-01-2004, 07:16 PM

Originally posted by crobtex
I CAN, I CAN.........he should have taken a Dale Carnegie class!
He did........... you should have heard him before.

...................think it was called, Good Old Boy 101

Old 11-01-2004, 07:31 PM

This has nothing to do with any of the above except about Canadian attitudes toward our neighbours.

I once had a kid named Paul in a history class. He was of Dutch ancestry, was an orphan and had lived with and worked for his brother who ran a tobacco farm near Montreal. We got along quite well because I, unlike most Albertans, had a lot of connections with Montreal and Quebec. We would chat about how things were down east.

He spoke with no discernable accent like any other English Canadian. His brother sold out the farm and moved to Texas. The kid moved to Alberta to stay with other relatives and finish school. He was tall, too tall to be the weightlifter he wanted to be but I guess the years spent picking tobacco gave him the strength to do quite well.

He did not come back to school to finish his program and I found out he had joined his brother and his family in Texas. A couple of years later, he came back to Edmonton, mainly for family reasons, and came to school to talk to me.

He said: "You know Mr. Tomlinson, before I went to Texas I kinda disliked Yankees (this is what all Americans are called here) When I got to Texas they all thought I WAS a yankee." He grinned.

I have more American ancestors than my American wife who has more Canadian ones than I do. Neither of us really knew this untill fairly recently. You got to be real careful who you dislike. You might be one of them.

Old 11-01-2004, 07:37 PM
Chapter President

He did........... you should have heard him before.

...................think it was called, Good Old Boy 101

Easy there pardner...........there's a lot of us that speak Good Old Boy.

There's even some yankees down here that pay good money to go to "Good Old Boy 101" classes.

Quick Reply: This is the new politics thread. lets all be nice ;)