Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

This is the new politics thread. lets all be nice ;)

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2004, 02:54 PM
DTR's Self Appointed Beer Advisor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well first things first. Congratulations to all that voted for Bush. The Republican Party played a better game than the Democrats this time around.

I have intentionally shied away from the political post. I know that the majority of the members of this site are right wing and most of you that know me from my post know that I am certainly not. I watched with great regret last night as the polls came in. I knew that it was going to be an uphill battle and had a pretty good idea what the outcome would be. But I was still hopeful.

The Republican Party ran a successful campaign of moral values, guns, and the marriage amendment. Something that speaks to the white protestant male gun owners. I think Kerry focused a little too much on the war in Iraq.

While I don’t want to get into a debate about the war I still think that it is not about terrorism but more about oil and trying to tie it into 9/11. This is just MY opinion though so please lets not get into a debate.

I don’t know what the Democrats will have to do next time around to connect more with rural America but we clearly have some work to do. The election was won by 3% so America is still pretty much divided.

I will always stand by social issues and the workingman. Something I am afraid that the Republican Party doesn’t. We will also have to pay for this deficit at some point and time. My hope is that the next 4 years will be a little more bipartisan than the last 4 years.

I hope America can become stronger and I hope we can reclaim some of our respect.

Please don’t flame me. This is truly a heartfelt congratulations. You guys earned it this time around.

Britt

Old 11-03-2004, 02:59 PM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Don't think of it as a win for the Republicans. Think of it as a win for this country!!

The country, as a whole, is better off with President Bush in office than it would be with John Kerry. That means economically, morally and ethically.....and on top of that we're stronger and more secure.

That is MY opinion....and in this case my opinion should be considered as fact. Just think of it as us "right wing" folks protecting you left wing folks from yourselves (and from those who mislead you into thinking incorrectly).

That should go over real well...
Old 11-03-2004, 03:04 PM

Originally posted by Hoss
Don't think of it as a win for the Republicans. Think of it as a win for this country!!

The country, as a whole, is better off with President Bush in office than it would be with John Kerry. That means economically, morally and ethically.....and on top of that we're stronger and more secure.

That is MY opinion....and in this case my opinion should be considered fact.

I hear you hoss but I just have different views than you. Just a fact.

Britt

Old 11-03-2004, 03:05 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would never flame a firefighter. You would just spray my arguements with water.
Old 11-03-2004, 03:06 PM

Originally posted by Mike D
I would never flame a firefighter. You would just spray my arguements with water.

DTR Advertiser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Seems to me the popular vote of 3.5 million people, the House seats picked up, the Senate seats picked up, and Daschle sent packing...it looks more and more like a mandate.

We are not as divided as many think or want us to think. Given the media bias which tends to program thoughts in some of us and the normal ideas that the country needs a change every four years tells me the division is not as large as the vote shows. Naturally people want some change especially in OHIO where the job loss was very high.

Just to confuse things even more....I did not see Hillary busting her butt to help Kerry much at all. She was pretty much silent. Bill has an excuse. I feel she is going to try something. President, perhaps vice President or a UN seat.

T-7...where's your usual smiley face??

Shane

Old 11-03-2004, 03:07 PM

Originally posted by Don M
Im a nervous wreck. Florida went to Bush. Kerry cant close up 300,000 votes with the absentee!

Im surprised he did not do better in PA!

BTW, Dallas has a new Sheriff. Female, Hispanic and openly gay! LOL

The guy she ran against was involved in some crazy scandal and it caught up to him. Dirty cop thing.

Don~
Well this is about as ignorant of a statement as I've seen on here. What does the fact that the sheriff being female, Hispanic or gay have to do with anything?
Long as she can handle the job.
Old 11-03-2004, 03:10 PM

T-7...where's your usual smiley face??

Shane

sorry hoss,

i don't know what i was thinking.

Old 11-03-2004, 03:14 PM

Just to confuse things even more....I did not see Hillary busting her butt to help Kerry much at all. She was pretty much silent. Bill has an excuse. I feel she is going to try something. President, perhaps vice President or a UN seat.
It is my opinion that Hillary didn't WANT Kerry to win. She wants to be in the oval office in 2008. If Kerry were elected she couldn't do that.

As far as the UN...I really wish we'd just dump the UN altogether. They are a huge waste of time and resources.
Old 11-03-2004, 03:15 PM

Originally posted by t-7 firefighter
sorry hoss,

i don't know what i was thinking.

That's much better.

You've got a sweet truck by the way. Although, I couldn't see the watermarks you were referring to.

Old 11-03-2004, 03:17 PM

Re: Re: America has spoken

Originally posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Come on George You have shown far better talent at making up stories than that in your previous posts in this thread.

We know you didn't feel like talking about it last night, and nobody here would blame you for that. I have that same feeling just about every weekend here lately after my 49ers lose

Buck it up son, you are still family here at DTR
Lary you know I never ever make up stories, I just tell it like I see it. This was a lose lose situation for Kerry from the start. Now lets see what happens
Old 11-03-2004, 03:18 PM

3.5 million people
We are not as divided as many think or want us to think.

3.5 million out of 114,268,962 votes is pretty close. 51% to 48% pretty divided to me.

JMHO

Britt

Old 11-03-2004, 03:24 PM

That's much better.

You've got a sweet truck by the way. Although, I couldn't see the watermarks you were referring to.

Got to use the software. It just keeps people from stealing my pictures and using them on ebay to sell a truck that they don't really have.

Thank you for the compliment! Yours too.

Britt

Old 11-03-2004, 03:25 PM

Re: Re: Re: America has spoken

Originally posted by George&cheryl
Lary you know I never ever make up stories, I just tell it like I see it. This was a lose lose situation for Kerry from the start. Now lets see what happens
Lose lose??? How do you figure that?? Up until now you've been talking about how Kerry was going to win. Heck...even as late as page 15 of this thread you said the following about the three swing states:

I'll call them for you, they all go for Kerry.
Suddenly it's lose lose?? I don't get it.

Quick Reply: This is the new politics thread. lets all be nice ;)