Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

This is the new politics thread. lets all be nice ;)

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2004, 11:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What a mess '08's gonna be!
Old 11-03-2004, 11:15 AM
DTR'S Chaplain

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I Notice it's Quiet from Clark County Nev and Up North???
Old 11-03-2004, 11:19 AM

Originally posted by jlells01
What a mess '08's gonna be!
Go John McCain
Old 11-03-2004, 11:20 AM
DTR'S Chaplain

Originally posted by Wilson
Go John McCain
BITES TOUNGE it's 4 years off.
Old 11-03-2004, 11:29 AM

I would love to have John McCain as president, but does anyone think there is a chance of it happening?
Old 11-03-2004, 11:32 AM
DTR'S Chaplain

I would love to have John McCain as president, but does anyone think there is a chance of it happening?
Slaps Forehead! Here we go
LOL
Old 11-03-2004, 11:33 AM

America has spoken

Congrats to the Bush fans looks like it's 4 more years, I was drinking beer and eating pizza last night and I think I had a little too much of one or the other and I feel asleep early
Old 11-03-2004, 11:34 AM

Slaps Forehead! Here we go
LOL
What do you have against McCain?
Old 11-03-2004, 11:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
God Bless America, now lets get back to the importance of building Cummins powered Dodge trucks. Comeon guys, its over lets let it die and go on being America. I sincerely hope that wounds were not opened that will keep anyone in a rift between the fine people of this board. Four years from now we can all fight it out again, but for now, lets just get on with life, the campaign is over.
Old 11-03-2004, 11:36 AM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
The more I think about it, the more I think that the only person who could beat Hillary is Rudy.
Old 11-03-2004, 11:38 AM

Originally posted by Jack Thorpe
The more I think about it, the more I think that the only person who could beat Hillary is Rudy.
You really think Hillary has a chance?
Old 11-03-2004, 11:47 AM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You really think Hillary has a chance?
President Hillary Klinton. Yikes! cold shiver, someone just walked over my grave.
Old 11-03-2004, 11:48 AM

"It's a sad day to be an American. It's a sad day when fear and hate in the false guise of strength win over the forces of wisdom and common sense. When other countries talk about this one, they always talk about our never-ending optimism. When I see ballot initiatives pass that enshrine hatred into state constitutions, people elected who are essentially running against the government that they are elected to, I wonder if this is perception is warranted. When those same officials talk about America and the promises of freedom, and then vote to take those very freedoms away - the things that make this country great - I feel ashamed. Ashamed of the hypocrisy and the gall of those involved. I feel at this very moment that we are not a country of hope, but a sea of reactionaries who are easily distracted by rhetoric masquerading as reason. Who see causality as what holds together the two ends of a sentence instead of two logical facts, one that leads to the next. It's difficult to stomach. It's difficult to remain hopeful for our future.

We've elected a majority of people from a party that is a coalition of libertarians, religious zealots and habitual former dixiecrats. A party that talks about the importance of personal responsibility and accountability, yet led by a man who takes responsibility for nothing and holds no one responsible in his administration for any of the terrible mistakes that have been made. In the economy, in the prosecution of the war. In anything, it would seem. A false invincibility. And a deep-seeded arrogance, wrapped in a shroud of faith. Once again, difficult to stomach.

I guess we're in for a wild ride on the rails of the religious right. We do live in interesting times."
Old 11-03-2004, 11:51 AM

Originally posted by Jack Thorpe

I don't know. The voting from the women in this election made a pretty powerful impact on the race. I suspect many women would vote for Hillary just because she IS a woman, regardless of the platform she was running on.

The sad thing about this entire election year is that many voted to get Bush out, rather than making an informed decision on the merits of each candidate. As there is no constitutional right for the general populace to vote, I have to look in awe at the foresight of our founding forefathers. I think they perceived that the general population (as a whole) wouldn't have the expertise or knowledge to elect our president.
Old 11-03-2004, 12:28 PM

"It's a sad day to be an American. It's a sad day when fear and hate in the false guise of strength win over the forces of wisdom and common sense..........."
Wondering who you are quoting?

Quick Reply: This is the new politics thread. lets all be nice ;)