Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

This is the new politics thread. lets all be nice ;)

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2004, 12:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Due to the larger than usual expected voter turnout this year, it has been requested that John Kerry voters vote on Wednesday the 3rd in order to keep the size of the lines at a reasonable level.

Old 11-02-2004, 12:48 PM
DTR'S Chaplain

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by George&cheryl
Yeah and who is calling registered voters in the Hispanic community and telling them Republicans vote on the 2nd and Democrats vote on the 3rd? With people here on this site thinking it's funny. Who is it that is calling the Democrats telling them their polling location has changed, even though it hasn't? It would appear that nobody is beyond reproach.

The Demonrats tried to run this tired old Story in 2000. Get a New Lie Please!
Old 11-02-2004, 12:51 PM

Originally posted by ramlovingvet
Yeah and who is calling registered voters in the Hispanic community and telling them Republicans vote on the 2nd and Democrats vote on the 3rd? With people here on this site thinking it's funny. Who is it that is calling the Democrats telling them their polling location has changed, even though it hasn't? It would appear that nobody is beyond reproach.

The Demonrats tried to run this tired old Story in 2000. Get a New Lie Please!
That wasn't my lie, that was on the news from Mr Lomax, the guy in charge of voting here in Nevada so it's apparently a tired true story.
Old 11-02-2004, 12:53 PM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally posted by Bill Tomlinson
Yep, Democracy can be a real bummer. I can imagine what some might define as 'vote correctly'. I don't know why you can't get some kind of set-up where the popular vote means something.
To be accurate, we are not a Democracy. We are a federation/republic. The popular vote DOES mean something. The electors vote based on the popular vote for their state.

But in your Presidential system why do you tollerate indirect voting through electoral college seats in this day and age?
As for the Electoral College, I think columnist Camille Paglia said it best:

"As for the Electoral College, I've always viewed it as an inexplicable,
elephantine antique -- but never has its importance in American politics been
better demonstrated. The instant success with which the national Democratic
Party, using banks of commercial telemarketers, was able to whip up mob
hysteria in Florida shows how vulnerable democracy is to demagoguery. The
Electoral College respects the regional complexity and diversity of the
United States. By giving weight (as the U.S. Senate also does) to less
populated areas, it acts as a block against conspiratorial machinations and
peer pressure in overpopulated metropolises."

In a nutshell, the very people who are trying to eliminate the Electoral College are the very ones who have the most to lose by doing so.
Old 11-02-2004, 12:53 PM
DTR'S Chaplain

That wasn't my lie, that was on the news from Mr Lomax, the guy in charge of voting here in Nevada so it's apparently a tired true story.
OHHH Because its on the news its true?? Are you that gullible? Really?
DOH
Old 11-02-2004, 12:57 PM

OHHH Because its on the news its true?? Are you that gullible? Really?
DOH
Naw not really, but I wasn't born yesterday either and I wouldn't put anything beyond some people
Old 11-02-2004, 12:58 PM
DTR'S Chaplain

Naw not really, but I wasn't born yesterday either and I wouldn't put anything beyond some people
You Saw CBS buy the false story about the Texas National Guard Memos. Suppose its true in your mind still
Old 11-02-2004, 01:01 PM

You Saw CBS buy the false story about the Texas National Guard Memos. Suppose its true in your mind still

It really didn't matter, the story was still true
Old 11-02-2004, 01:03 PM
DTR'S Chaplain

It really didn't matter, the story was still true
You are a piece of work.

I will stop now because i feel like telling you how I feel about people who find it so easy to lie. You have to live with your self.

ThisistheRamlovingVetoverandout.
Old 11-02-2004, 01:05 PM

You are a piece of work.

I will stop now because i feel like telling you how I feel about people who find it so easy to lie. You have to live with your self.

ThisistheRamlovingVetoverandout.
Don't worry, the feeling is most definitely mutual
Old 11-02-2004, 01:06 PM

Originally posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
I don't think there is a cure for these problems, Corruption is rampant in every election all around the world. These people will find a way to try and force their will on others no matter what we do to try and prevent it.

I think the best hope is to require valid ID at the polls and arrest those found attempting to commit voter fraud. Still the corrupt among us are very clever at changing their methods.
I have had enough personal experience with some counties to know what happens if a member of a visible minority does something to displease the local authorities. Your driver's license gets 'suspended' because you failed to show up for a hearing you knew nothing about. Your dog gets picked up for barking. You find your garbage cans tipped over and get fined for littering. People who have been victims to harrasment do not easily submit to this ID checking. Generations of intimidation have worked.
Old 11-02-2004, 01:16 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
I have had enough personal experience with some counties to know what happens if a member of a visible minority does something to displease the local authorities. Your driver's license gets 'suspended' because you failed to show up for a hearing you knew nothing about. Your dog gets picked up for barking. You find your garbage cans tipped over and get fined for littering. People who have been victims to harrasment do not easily submit to this ID checking. Generations of intimidation have worked.
Well then the idea obviously works if you are not willing to show your ID before voting then you just don't vote!.

Harrassment hides in many shapes and colors, it even comes from people who have absolutely no say in what they continually harrass people about

Doesn't matter who , where or why, it is wrong. Besides we are talking about people being allowed to go in and exercise their right to vote. Once they have proven they have a right to vote they are left to do so alone with nothing but their concience to guide them.

You can argue the issue all day, but that is how it is done HERE not in YOUR country
Old 11-02-2004, 01:28 PM
DTR'S Chaplain

Funny with nothing to hide it dosnt matter.
says alot about you.
Old 11-02-2004, 02:47 PM

Quote of the Day:

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and its always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

food for thought
Old 11-02-2004, 02:53 PM
DTR'S Chaplain

NBC News edits Kerry
military comment
Remark about his records not being public excised from original interview
Posted: November 2, 2004
1:00 a.m. Eastern

© 2004 WorldNetDaily.com

NBC News edited out a comment by Sen. John Kerry about his military records not being public after including it in a previous version of an interview.

As noted by the blog Powerline, in an interview with NBC's Tom Brokaw last week on MSNBC, the following exchange occurred:

Brokaw: Someone has analyzed the president's military aptitude tests and yours, and concluded that he has a higher IQ than you do.

Kerry: That's great. More power. I don't know how they've done it, because my record is not public. So I don't know where you're getting that from.

A transcript of the version of the interview that appeared on "Dateline," however, does not include the reference to Kerry's records being secret. The senator's response to the question in the edited broadcast is: "That's great. More power. I don't know how they've done it."

Kerry has not authorized the public release of all his military records, which has prompted widespread speculation about what he might be hiding.

As WorldNetDaily reported, William Middendorf, former secretary of the Navy, is urging Kerry to open up his personnel files to resolve the question of whether the Democratic presidential nominee received a less-than-honorable discharge from the Navy.

Others point to unresolved issues regarding Kerry's medals and Vietnam service, saying an open record would settle many of the questions that have been raised by the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth and others.

Cant keep his Lies straight.

Quick Reply: This is the new politics thread. lets all be nice ;)