Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

This is the new politics thread. lets all be nice ;)

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2004, 11:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by ramlovingvet
Welll maybe because thats were you Dems can get the most phoney votes.. Hmmm who paid a Registration drive person in Crack?
OH YES the NAACP A PRO Dem group of Bigots.
Yeah and who is calling registered voters in the Hispanic community and telling them Republicans vote on the 2nd and Democrats vote on the 3rd? With people here on this site thinking it's funny. Who is it that is calling the Democrats telling them their polling location has changed, even though it hasn't? It would appear that nobody is beyond reproach.
Old 11-02-2004, 11:38 AM

Originally posted by George&cheryl
And of course these GOB poll watchers are at all the polls monitoring and not just in the black & minority communities right? Wait a second, that would be a NO
Picture large groups of burly afro-american and hispanic "id checkers" watching the polls in districts where the Plutocracy go to vote?

I'm beginning to think that really close elections might mean cleaning up corruption that has gone on forever. You vote for everything at once. Imagine the imact that cheating can have on who gets to be sherrif or any other important position? It is only when national attention is brought to bear that there is some chance that real electoral reform would be possible and the on-going cheating at the local level could be curbed. Anybody who can put a man on the moon can figure out a way to extend the vote to everybody, make sure they can vote, that they vote only once and that there is no hanky panky with counting.

The international observers will help. Sometimes one side feels it has to "bend the rules" because they are pretty darned sure the other side is up to something. Cleaning up this possibility will go a long ways towards ending the urge to cheat.

Up here, we once had elections where recently deceased people voted. This was really a lucrative thing because the fake voter used to be able to place 5 or more ballots into the box. They were carefully ironed flat so they did not look any thicker. Now you have a ballot with a tear off id which you pass to the poll clerk. The poll clerk removes the id, sees that it is the number you were originally given and then places the still folded ballot into the box. Once in the box it was impossible to tell the fake from the real. Usually because the fake was supplied by a co-operative public official who supported the current regime.

Humans sure are creative.

Old 11-02-2004, 11:48 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Preparing to drag out the chains and locks for this thread.

Only a few more hours.......

Old 11-02-2004, 11:50 AM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah and who is calling registered voters in the Hispanic community and telling them Republicans vote on the 2nd and Democrats vote on the 3rd? With people here on this site thinking it's funny. Who is it that is calling the Democrats telling them their polling location has changed, even though it hasn't? It would appear that nobody is beyond reproach.
I don't know about where you are, or you just don't pay attention, but here, voting help places and numbers a plastered on the radio, TV and newspapers.

I still contend that if ANY person don't have the mental capacity to vote correctly and at the right place, they don't need to be making elected official and policy decisions. If you have to be bused to the polls by a politically biased group and given instructions, that's crap and should be illegal.
Old 11-02-2004, 11:54 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
I do think it is hilarious as I just made it up Now if something like that is actually happening somewhere, that is just a matter of coincidence.

I have CLEARLY stated many times here, that I think voter fraud is a despicable practice no matter who does it.
Old 11-02-2004, 12:01 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
I do think it is hilarious as I just made it up Now if something like that is actually happening somewhere, that is just a matter of coincidence.

I have CLEARLY stated many times here, that I think voter fraud is a despicable practice no matter who does it.
[/QUOTE

Yeah ok Lary you made it up, you made it up and it's been all over the news.
Old 11-02-2004, 12:03 PM
Admin Team Leader

George,
I have been too busy this am with doctor visits and business stuff to even glance at the news. I have no idea what you are talking about. I was attempting to inject a little humor into the thread.

Chill out a little, you still have several hours before Kerry has to make his concession speech
Old 11-02-2004, 12:06 PM

Originally posted by crobtex
I don't know about where you are, or you just don't pay attention, but here, voting help places and numbers a plastered on the radio, TV and newspapers.

I still contend that if ANY person don't have the mental capacity to vote correctly and at the right place, they don't need to be making elected official and policy decisions. If you have to be bused to the polls by a politically biased group and given instructions, that's crap and should be illegal.

Yep, Democracy can be a real bummer. I can imagine what some might define as 'vote correctly'. I don't know why you can't get some kind of set-up where the popular vote means something. I can understand how it can get ignored in Canada where we have a Parliamentary system and governments are formed based on the numbers of MP's elected. It tends to produce majority gov'ts. But in your Presidential system why do you tollerate indirect voting through electoral college seats in this day and age?
Old 11-02-2004, 12:14 PM

Originally posted by Hoss
So let me understand this correctly.....you don't have to have an ID to vote in Ohio?? How do they know you are who you say you are??
when you go in to vote you register at the desk and are given voting instructions. worked that way for years , don't see the need for politically motivated outsiders to be there to check on the people who volunteer to do this work. Republican Or Democrats !
Old 11-02-2004, 12:15 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There is a lot of info on this out there in cyber space. Basically, if keeps the heavily populated areas and states from deciding who will be elected. At first it doesn't make sense, but the more you learn about it, the better you understand it.

Oh yea...it's fair for BOTH parties.
Old 11-02-2004, 12:17 PM

Originally posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
No sir, I was quoting her directly. Hillary said "I am too stupid to set the clock on my vcr's."

What is an electrors?
it is a misspelled word to keep scholars like you active
Old 11-02-2004, 12:24 PM

I promise not to yell YAHOO !!! on this thread if Kerry wins tonight. (i will just refer you back to this thread).
Old 11-02-2004, 12:29 PM
Admin Team Leader

Originally posted by herb
it is a misspelled word to keep scholars like you active
Oh my mistake herb, I had absolutely no idea what you are talking about. This happens frequently in your posts because they often don't make any sense the way you post them.

I think if you want anybody to actually take you serious in these discussions, you might want to take the time to check your spelling before hitting the "submit reply" button.

That is what the "preview reply" button is for. If you still need further help you can find free spell check programs on the internet, one that I have posted here before to try and help those individuals with spelling difficulties is called "IESpell".

You are not graded on your spelling abilities here, but it does make it easier for people to understand what you are saying here when we can actually read your responses.

I use one from time to time myself, not as often as I should though
Old 11-02-2004, 12:31 PM

Picture large groups of burly afro-american and hispanic "id checkers" watching the polls in districts where the Plutocracy go to vote?

Bill if this ever happened the National Guard would be called in to stop it before it got going.
Old 11-02-2004, 12:40 PM
Admin Team Leader

Bill if this ever happened the National Guard would be called in to stop it before it got going.
I don't think there is a cure for these problems, Corruption is rampant in every election all around the world. These people will find a way to try and force their will on others no matter what we do to try and prevent it.

I think the best hope is to require valid ID at the polls and arrest those found attempting to commit voter fraud. Still the corrupt among us are very clever at changing their methods.

Quick Reply: This is the new politics thread. lets all be nice ;)