Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

This is the new politics thread. lets all be nice ;)

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2004, 08:56 AM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally posted by Hoss
So let me understand this correctly.....you don't have to have an ID to vote in Ohio?? How do they know you are who you say you are??
Actually, you do now. They ruled for id checks and making people prove who they say they are.
Old 11-02-2004, 09:14 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally posted by herb
OR TO BUSY TAKING CARE OF MORE IMPORTANT BUSINESS FOR HER ELECTRORS
No sir, I was quoting her directly. Hillary said "I am too stupid to set the clock on my vcr's."

What is an electrors?
Old 11-02-2004, 09:16 AM
Admin Team Leader

Originally posted by Jack Thorpe
Actually, you do now. They ruled for id checks and making people prove who they say they are.
Which is precisely how it should be at every polling place for everyone 1 vote per person.
Old 11-02-2004, 09:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welp, I got my civic duty done early today. Quick and painless. Walked in at 0730, walked out at 0735.
Old 11-02-2004, 09:32 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
And the shanigans begin:.........
www.drudgereport.com

From the linked story:

Before voting even began in Philadelphia -- poll watchers found nearly 2000 votes already planted on machines scattered throughout the city...

And......
A gun was purposely made visible to scare poll watchers at Ward 30, division 11, at 905 S. 20th St., Grand Court. Police were called and surrounded the location...
Old 11-02-2004, 09:46 AM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Good. That's the way it should be.
Old 11-02-2004, 10:08 AM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
I agree. They did get it right this time. I can't imagine going to vote without being ID checked. That's just plain stupid.
Old 11-02-2004, 10:08 AM
DTR'S Chaplain

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Tom asked Jack to name one thing about Bush well I will He didn’t seal our Boarders to the North and South to keep Terrorists and other illegals out of America.
Of Course Kerry wouldn’t either.

GW 4 more Years. Then 8 of JEB.
Old 11-02-2004, 10:54 AM

I agree. They did get it right this time. I can't imagine going to vote without being ID checked. That's just plain stupid.
Ok I'm confused, what does showing Id have to do with what was going on in Ohio? I thought the court battle was over whether to allow Republicans into the poll sites to challenge prospective voters. Isn't that the job of the poll workers? They Check Id and have you sign in before you vote, whats all this republican challenge stuff about? Does that mean people standing in line to vote need to answer questions from people that don't even work there?
Old 11-02-2004, 10:56 AM
Admin Team Leader

News Flash!!!

They changed the voting parameters at the last moment. Only people voting for Bush vote today!!!

Kerry voters are to go to the polls TOMORROW!!!

This will surely cut down on any heated discussions at the polling places. Please observe this rule
Old 11-02-2004, 10:59 AM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 11-02-2004, 11:02 AM
Admin Team Leader

Originally posted by George&cheryl
Ok I'm confused, what does showing Id have to do with what was going on in Ohio? I thought the court battle was over whether to allow Republicans into the poll sites to challenge prospective voters. Isn't that the job of the poll workers? They Check Id and have you sign in before you vote, whats all this republican challenge stuff about? Does that mean people standing in line to vote need to answer questions from people that don't even work there?
As you undoubtably remember from the last election, thousands of Democrats were bussed into Ohio to take advantage of the loose way they ID the voters in that state.

Obviously this is wrong, each person should be guaranteed a vote, but only 1 vote. Hopefully the Democratic party will not be able to get away with these kind of shenanigans again.

As I have stated before, this type of behavior should not be acceptable, no matter which party you support. Everybody should have to prove who they are if they wish to exercise their right to vote.

I know I have, at all 3 places I voted today
Old 11-02-2004, 11:14 AM

Originally posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
As you undoubtably remember from the last election, thousands of Democrats were bussed into Ohio to take advantage of the loose way they ID the voters in that state.

Obviously this is wrong, each person should be guaranteed a vote, but only 1 vote. Hopefully the Democratic party will not be able to get away with these kind of shenanigans again.

As I have stated before, this type of behavior should not be acceptable, no matter which party you support. Everybody should have to prove who they are if they wish to exercise their right to vote.

I know I have, at all 3 places I voted today
And of course these GOB poll watchers are at all the polls monitoring and not just in the black & minority communities right? Wait a second, that would be a NO
Old 11-02-2004, 11:20 AM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This was a pretty good thread.
Old 11-02-2004, 11:25 AM
DTR'S Chaplain

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by George&cheryl
And of course these GOB poll watchers are at all the polls monitoring and not just in the black & minority communities right? Wait a second, that would be a NO
Welll maybe because thats were you Dems can get the most phoney votes.. Hmmm who paid a Registration drive person in Crack?
OH YES the NAACP A PRO Dem group of Bigots.

Quick Reply: This is the new politics thread. lets all be nice ;)