Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

New Motorcycle/atv riding area...maybe

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 05:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Motorcycle/atv riding area...maybe

so the city of hood river is going to be starting a new trial system and they want input, so to offset all the tree hugers i need all that can to fill out the survey. it only takes like 3 mins.

the stronger the showing the more trails we will have. new trails!!!!!!

here is the link

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?s...lg6tZj6XRg%3d&
Old 04-23-2008, 07:04 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Being from The Dalles, it's a major hassle having McCubbin's Gulch being about the closest place of any size...

I'd love to have a closer place to ride, especially with fuel prices the way they are.

PS

Where do you ride currently? Morrow County has a really nice ATV park, the Tillamook burn is fun, and East Fort Rock/Millican are places I hang out...
Old 04-23-2008, 07:29 PM
DTR's Cow Boss

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
McCubbin's Gulch is actually closer too me than it is too you Jeff but the only time I am there is when were gathering all the cows that are in the area lol. We auta make a run this summer on the hood river area if it gets going I have a new needle and seat for my carbuator coming so my atv should be running.
Old 04-23-2008, 07:49 PM

I'd imagine it's under snow pretty well, still, but hit me up later in the season!
Old 04-23-2008, 07:53 PM
DTR's Cow Boss

The amount of snow thats in the mountains this time of the year is totally unheard of we might not get too get too the camp grounds tell September!
Old 04-23-2008, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Jeff in TD
Being from The Dalles, it's a major hassle having McCubbin's Gulch being about the closest place of any size...

I'd love to have a closer place to ride, especially with fuel prices the way they are.

PS

Where do you ride currently? Morrow County has a really nice ATV park, the Tillamook burn is fun, and East Fort Rock/Millican are places I hang out...
The same places, i don't get to the coast range much, i don't know the trails and i hate riding gravel roads.

never been to morrow county, where is it?

i hit up EFR all the time, even for day trips and i live in gresham!!!! My girlfriend lives in Yakima wa so i do someriding up there too.

what's your riding level?
Old 04-23-2008, 08:24 PM
DTR's Cow Boss

There is riding levels! dear god I better stick too the ranch and banging though side hills and wheat fields.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by DodgeCowboy
There is riding levels! dear god I better stick too the ranch and banging though side hills and wheat fields.

well ya know, there a the beginners, the average jo's, the fast guys, and the really fast guys.

just wondering where you fall and if i could keep up :-)

im right in the middle of ave jo and fast.....
Old 04-23-2008, 09:10 PM
DTR's Cow Boss

Well good thats were I am at. So your gf is in Yakima I go there about 3 times a week for work. I am heading out too Topenish in the morning.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:21 PM

Well good thats were I am at. So your gf is in Yakima I go there about 3 times a week for work. I am heading out too Topenish in the morning.

well she actually lives in elllensburg but when i tell most people that they go.........HUH...Where........ so i just say yakima. it sure is a nice scenic drive, i'm luck she lives there and not in seatle, i hate that drive. we see each-other every weekend, lots of $ in fuel, but shes awesome so its way worth it.

fuel is quite a bit cheaper in topenish that in yakima and e-burg, like 30 cents a gallon crazy huh.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:24 PM
DTR's Cow Boss

Its even cheaper than it is here thank god its my company paying for my fuel LOL
Old 04-23-2008, 10:08 PM
DTR'S Chaplain

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
We have some great ORV trails near crater lake Can ride all day and never take the same one twice. Some are two wheeler and some quad.
Old 04-23-2008, 10:26 PM

Morrow county ATV park is just off hwy 207, north of Spray.

It's a really nice riding area. 100 miles or so of trails. Campground has no hook up sites, and power/water sites, a medic station, and a little restaurant. Little A frame things with two bunks and electric heater are also there. Kind of neat to be able to buy a burger, out in the woods... It borders the Sunflower riding area.

Most of the trails aren't very technical, but one rider in the last trip did flip over backwards.

Anyway, it is one of the nicer places I've gone and I'd highly recommend it, especially mid-week when there are fewer people (get a reservation for a weekend).
Old 04-24-2008, 09:31 PM

well she actually lives in elllensburg but when i tell most people that they go.........HUH...Where........ so i just say yakima. it sure is a nice scenic drive, i'm luck she lives there and not in seatle, i hate that drive. we see each-other every weekend, lots of $ in fuel, but shes awesome so its way worth it.

fuel is quite a bit cheaper in topenish that in yakima and e-burg, like 30 cents a gallon crazy huh.
Old 04-25-2008, 12:19 AM

Come up here....I'm always looking for an excuse to take people on a ride, thats my excuse to get out...

Quick Reply: New Motorcycle/atv riding area...maybe