Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

New Gun Purchase Today

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 06:50 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Not much of auto pistol fan. Only have two, Colt M70 1911 and a 1920's DWM .30 cal Luger. Rest are wheel guns.....

MikeyB
Old 01-30-2006, 07:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Although I love by baretta and it has never failed on me in over 10,000 rounds I have to say my favorite to shoot is the HK P7M13. Sigs are great autos but I have seen many that start having stove pipe jams after 300 to 400 rounds without oil ( a typical day at the range is 500 rounds).

Here is my favorite!!!!

Old 01-30-2006, 07:18 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Ever notice how a thread even loosely related to firearms ALWAYS morphs into a "Lookit Mine" thread?.......

Shameless plug

Old 01-30-2006, 07:24 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Shovelhead
Ever notice how a thread even loosely related to firearms ALWAYS morphs into a "Lookit Mine" thread?.......

Shameless plug

Man, look at that NAG!! J/K Very nice setup you got there. Is that a Milt Sparks IWB?
Old 01-30-2006, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by Monty
Man, look at that NAG!! J/K Very nice setup you got there. Is that a Milt Sparks IWB?
She ain't real purty.....but when I pull the trigger she goes bang.

Yessir, that's a Milt Sparks VM II IWB.
REAL comfortable, sometimes I forget I'm wearing it.
Old 01-30-2006, 07:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
She ain't real purty.....but when I pull the trigger she goes bang.

Yessir, that's a Milt Sparks VM II IWB.
REAL comfortable, sometimes I forget I'm wearing it.

Thanksfor posting the name. I've been looking for a good leather S/H with no luck. I have an Uncle Mikes nylon and for my iron it is just to flimsy. Plus it can be a hassle to put on. I picked up a U.M. kydex that is nice but want a SH for conceal.

Randy

BTW, how much does the gun wiegh? Is it balanced without spare clips or just one?
Old 01-30-2006, 08:21 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by newriverSpecon
Thanksfor posting the name. I've been looking for a good leather S/H with no luck. I have an Uncle Mikes nylon and for my iron it is just to flimsy. Plus it can be a hassle to put on. I picked up a U.M. kydex that is nice but want a SH for conceal.

Randy

BTW, how much does the gun wiegh? Is it balanced without spare clips or just one?
The Milt Sparks rig is the IWB holster, not sure on the SH rig, possible a Galco Miami rig? You cant go wrong with any of Milts products. Dont overlook Brommeland either. Ive been carrying a Commander frame 1911 in a Brommeland Max ConV for over a year and it is very comfortable. http://www.brommelandgunleather.com
Old 01-30-2006, 08:25 PM

The Inside the WaistBand is the Sparks VM II.
The Shoulder rig is a Galco Miami Classic

It balances well for normal carry with the gun (Lightweight Commander) and the two magazines (Wilson 8 rounders)
The straps would be a little more comfortable if I switched to the wider ones, but I usually wear it with a thick shirt and a jean jacket over it so it's comfortable.
Old 01-30-2006, 10:13 PM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well...now that you mention it...

Old 01-30-2006, 10:18 PM

Since we're talking holsters too, I use and recommend the FIST #12 for concealed carry of my Glock and the FIST #32 for spare mags. I don't really like carrying IWB, but if I did I would use the MS VMII. Great holster.
Old 01-30-2006, 11:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Keep those evil things south of the border...they end up here and kill people all by themselves !

BTW I like that H&K.
Old 01-31-2006, 01:54 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Am I the only one who has a problem with the "feel" or ergonomics of the Glock?
To me its like wrapping my hand around a rough cut 2X2.... too blocky and square...........
Old 01-31-2006, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by Chrisreyn
Am I the only one who has a problem with the "feel" or ergonomics of the Glock?
To me its like wrapping my hand around a rough cut 2X2.... too blocky and square...........
No, you're not the only one. There are a LOT of people that don't like Glocks. Some don't like the grip angle, some don't like the trigger, some think they're too blocky, some think they're ugly, some can't get grips around the idea of a "plastic gun", some don't like that they don't have a manual safety...blah, blah, blah. But, while this isn't always the case, I think the MAJORITY of people who don't like them have either never tried them or are simply hard-core "steel gun" folks who can't stand the thought of plastic being used in a handgun.

Then again, there are a lot that love them...including probably 2/3rds (or more) of our nation's law enforcement officers who rely on them every day.
Old 01-31-2006, 07:49 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Hoss... didnt intend to be demeaning them as a good weapon, but that is the problem I have with them.. they are too blocky for my hand to feel comfortable around...just like I like the way the 226 feels, but not where the mag release is located..
Old 01-31-2006, 08:44 AM

regarding the eye thing, if you are right handed, you bring the gun up with both eyes open. then close your left eye, this means you are right eye dominant.

if you are left handed, you bring the gun up with both eyes, then close your right, left eye dominant. a problem occurs when you cross over hand/eye dominacy.

i watched a friend of mine shooting, could not hit a thing, walked up behind him and every shot seemed 3 feet to the left. i told him to shoot 3 feet to the right of the clay and he started crushing them.

Quick Reply: New Gun Purchase Today