Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

New Gun Purchase Today

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 09:26 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
New Gun Purchase Today

Picked this up today. Its a Sig P226 40cal. I went in to look at the P220 45's but this one really caught my eye. Ive owned S&W's, Glocks, Springfields, Colts, to high end 1911s but never picked up a Sig; until today. This should go well with the rest of the bunch.

Old 01-29-2006, 09:35 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Monty
Picked this up today. Its a Sig P226 40cal. I went in to look at the P220 45's but this one really caught my eye. Ive owned S&W's, Glocks, Springfields, Colts, to high end 1911s but never picked up a Sig; until today. This should go well with the rest of the bunch.

Does this mean that you're 1911 is for sale?
Old 01-29-2006, 09:44 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wanna know after you put some rounds through it, how it compares to the Glock. I sold my Glock and now I miss it and want another but I always thought about the Sig. Let us know before I get the itch.
Old 01-29-2006, 09:56 PM
Administrator

No, my 1911's arent going anywhere. I will pass them on to my kids.

Hoss is gonna rib me on this, but my big deal with the Glock is the way it naturally points. To me, it points down opposed to a 1911 type frame that basically you point your finger where you hit.

I put a box of CCI Blazer thru it and am very impressed with how accurate it is right out of the box. Groups are very very consistent to .75. IMHO, the SIG is way ahead of the Glocks. But thats just my personal feeling. The fit and finish is excellent. Take one out and try it at a range and see how you like it. Betcha you will come away with one
Old 01-29-2006, 10:32 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

What did it set you back? A guy I work out with just bought P226 Rail for about $700 or so.
Old 01-29-2006, 10:39 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
No, my 1911's arent going anywhere. I will pass them on to my kids.

Hoss is gonna rib me on this, but my big deal with the Glock is the way it naturally points. To me, it points down opposed to a 1911 type frame that basically you point your finger where you hit.

I put a box of CCI Blazer thru it and am very impressed with how accurate it is right out of the box. Groups are very very consistent to .75. IMHO, the SIG is way ahead of the Glocks. But thats just my personal feeling. The fit and finish is excellent. Take one out and try it at a range and see how you like it. Betcha you will come away with one
Thats what I have been trying to tell guys for some time now. Glock is a good weapon, but not in the same class as that Sig, at least not once you actually fire a couple thousand rounds through all the different brands.

My 1911, will never leave here and it still out shoots almost everything I put up against it
Old 01-29-2006, 10:46 PM

great choice...sig is by far one of the best in autos...love the soft decock lever! glock? not even in the same class of weapon...and where is the hammer on a glock? right so who knows if its loaded or cocked? i dont like that

you should get the sig light nite sites its really cool glow in the dark stuff..... thiridium or however its spelled

oh yeah on the 357 conversion barrel its really sweet! love my sigs! gonna try one of there rifles soon .....if i quit spending my money on my rig!
Old 01-29-2006, 10:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sig is one of the only semi's that I could just pick up and shoot accurately. The other is a Baretta. Go Figure?

Rick
Old 01-29-2006, 10:50 PM

I grew up shooting 1911s...dad is retired Marine so guess I got it honest. Shot Beretta my career mostly in military....but loved the .45. While at range day with some federal guys in State Dept and one of the agencies.....I got to shoot my first Sig...a 229. Loved it. Then I shot a p220 .45 and the thing pointed naturally for me and I fell in love.
I love my Springfield 1911A1 and my Colt Commander but it took lots of mods and upgrades to make them the weapon my Sig was out the box. They stay in my safe...my Sig is my carry weapon. It is big but I love it...

Only other handgun that I shot as well out the box was my brothers Springfield XD .40 S&W.....

I love Sigs.....all I have added was night sight on front...and Hogue grips. Enjoy....
Old 01-29-2006, 10:55 PM
Administrator

Smokin05, it came factory with nite sites
Old 01-30-2006, 08:25 AM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
No ribbing from me. That's a very nice gun. Besides, everyone has their own personal preferences...even if those preferences are a little misguided.

I've heard nothing but good things about Sigs. Some day I'll probably buy one. That will be AFTER I get a G17 though. The G17 will be my next purchase.

Regarding pointing, the Glock points very naturally for me. I can close my eyes and bring it up on target and when I open them it's usually dead on.

What does a Sig run these days anyway? In the $450-$550 range I don't think there is a better pistol than the Glock. I'm not necessarily saying that Glock is THE best pistol (even though I think it is ONE of the best), but for the money I don't think it can be beaten. That's why I carry one.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by smokin05
...and where is the hammer on a glock? right so who knows if its loaded or cocked? i dont like that
ALL guns are ALWAYS loaded until you have proven them otherwise. Come on...you should know that.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:38 AM
Banned

Hoss, I'm with you on the Glock's. I don't have any experience with the Sig's, but to date Glock has been the best handgun that I have come across. My Glock small frame .40cal was the best little carry gun I have ever come across.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Thats what I have been trying to tell guys for some time now. Glock is a good weapon, but not in the same class as that Sig, at least not once you actually fire a couple thousand rounds through all the different brands.
So what you're REALLY saying is that Glock is a Jordan and Sig is a Brakesmart??

My Jordan works just fine.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:55 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I like my H&K .45 auto.

Sweeet!

Quick Reply: New Gun Purchase Today