Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

New bumper sticker

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2004, 10:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by George&cheryl
nobody ever said anything about taking hunting riffles away from anyone.unless you plan on hunting with an automatic assult weapon
Here's where the Assault Weapon ban snowed a whole LOT of folks. Automatic weapons have been banned or heavily restricted for use by the general public since 1934. Most individuals when they think "Assault Weapon", also think automatic.

The Brady Bill did absolutely nothing. Those of us that still had weapons covered under the bill could keep them. The only thing the bill did was prevent me from legally obtaining one after the bill's passage. All the bill did was prohibit the purchase of a weapon based solely on its looks and was nothing more than a piece of feel good legislation that was worth as much as the paper it was printed on.
Old 09-23-2004, 12:51 PM

Originally posted by TomW
Here's where the Assault Weapon ban snowed a whole LOT of folks. Automatic weapons have been banned or heavily restricted for use by the general public since 1934. Most individuals when they think "Assault Weapon", also think automatic.

The Brady Bill did absolutely nothing. Those of us that still had weapons covered under the bill could keep them. The only thing the bill did was prevent me from legally obtaining one after the bill's passage. All the bill did was prohibit the purchase of a weapon based solely on its looks and was nothing more than a piece of feel good legislation that was worth as much as the paper it was printed on.
AMEN. I own an SKS47, and mini14, among other rifles. Because of the SKS having the bayonet on it, it is classified as an assault rifle. I don't know, but have been told, if I was to remove the bayonet it is no longer classified as an assault rifle????? They can have my rifles, when the pry them from my cold, dead, hands. Guns don't kill people. People kill people, using guns, knives, vehicles, poisons, ect. Sorry, I had to get in on this one.
Old 09-23-2004, 12:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by firestorm
AMEN. I own an SKS47, and mini14, among other rifles. Because of the SKS having the bayonet on it, it is classified as an assault rifle. I don't know, but have been told, if I was to remove the bayonet it is no longer classified as an assault rifle?????
It probably depends on whether that particular weapon was banned by name or by feature, like the bayonet lug.
Old 09-23-2004, 02:09 PM
DTR'S Chaplain

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
A good One
Old 09-23-2004, 03:12 PM

Anybody hear the speech today by the interim Prime Minister of Iraq before a joint session of congress?? Awwwwwsome. By the way I was born and raised in Nevada and the Dems started that waste dump years ago (ask Reid), atleast Bush had the backbone to make a decision and let the courts instead of politicions settle it. kerry has voted for it every time except during his campaign as well as every kind of gun control you can imagine!!!!
Old 09-23-2004, 05:56 PM

I'm getting a little confused here, are your guys saying you are for the weapons ban or against it?
Old 09-23-2004, 06:50 PM

Well most likely they are for guns, NOT gun control. Your boy Kerry is all for gun control. It seems he has forgotton this since it is so close to election time. He does not want to tick off the people that are against gun control, but are confused enough to vote for him. It seems odd to me that something so important to Kerry in the past, has been forgotton before the election...very dishonest to hide an agenda you have, just to pick it up again AFTER you get elected.
Old 09-23-2004, 08:27 PM

Originally posted by CMNS_gal_4x4
Well most likely they are for guns, NOT gun control. Your boy Kerry is all for gun control. It seems he has forgotton this since it is so close to election time. He does not want to tick off the people that are against gun control, but are confused enough to vote for him. It seems odd to me that something so important to Kerry in the past, has been forgotton before the election...very dishonest to hide an agenda you have, just to pick it up again AFTER you get elected.
Good and thanks glad you cleared that up
Evidently you boy Bush is against guns too since he said on the day that the ban was to expire, he would have signed to extend the ban if congress had brought it to him on time. Well he probably didn't really mean that, he was probably just running off at the mouth as usual.
Old 09-23-2004, 08:44 PM

I am all for 'gun control', and against 'gun ownership restrictions'.

Gun Control: The ability to shoot at a target and hit it where you intended to.

Gun ownership restrictions: An attempt by the government to remove guns from honest American citizens. While allowing criminals the freedom to do as they please without fear of law abiding citizens protecting themselves.
Old 09-23-2004, 10:09 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by firestorm
I am all for 'gun control', and against 'gun ownership restrictions'.

Gun Control: The ability to shoot at a target and hit it where you intended to.

Gun ownership restrictions: An attempt by the government to remove guns from honest American citizens. While allowing criminals the freedom to do as they please without fear of law abiding citizens protecting themselves.

Amen.

phox
Old 09-24-2004, 07:12 AM

the I A F F must mean I Am Freaking Foolish

ok i admit, that was bad
being an IBEW member I have to hear pro Democrat/Kerry crap on a daily basis..
Old 09-24-2004, 08:47 AM

Originally posted by jughed440
the I A F F must mean I Am Freaking Foolish

ok i admit, that was bad
being an IBEW member I have to hear pro Democrat/Kerry crap on a daily basis..
good, listen up
Old 09-25-2004, 11:05 PM

Honestly, being a Kerry supporter HOW can you say Bush runs off at the mouth?
Old 09-25-2004, 11:53 PM

Saw this one on a truck yesterday - looks like the IAFF position isn't overwhelmingly popular.
Old 09-26-2004, 12:03 AM

Oh, and as far as the gun control issue, I'm more than a bit disappointed in Bush's comments regarding the "assault weapon" ban, but his position on firearms related issues is generally more in tune with mine. Kerry's attempts to portray himself as the average firearms owner/hunter/American citizen are laughable...IMHO, of course.

We have the "anyone but Bush" crowd, but for me it's almost to the point of "anyone but Kerry."

It's really too bad that we don't have a candidate that truly represents the average working person. In every election I've voted in it's always come down to a compromise between certain issues, and until the unwritten law that you have to be rich to run for office is repealed, nothing is going to change.

Quick Reply: New bumper sticker