Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Need your prayers for 15 yo grandson

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2004, 01:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HID,

Im very sorry to hear of the terrible situation your Grandson and family is in. I really do wish Ryan, you and the rest of your family all my thoughts and prayers and trust the big man upstairs is looking out for him. We're all pulling for Ryan. God Bless.
Old 07-30-2004, 06:28 PM

Seriously now Bill, I'm gonna call your Dr. if I hear tell you're sleeping in the truck again. Reply to your PM.
Nat
Old 07-30-2004, 07:32 PM
jka

Haulin_in_Dixie

Absolutely will say a prayer for Ryan.

Lets hope he'll be okay. At fifteen I'm sure he's a fighter. Everything good or bad happens for a reason, someday we'll all know why.
Old 07-30-2004, 07:38 PM

May God Bless every one involved in this terrible tradgedy.My family will pray for Ryan and his loved ones.
Old 07-30-2004, 07:52 PM

Deacon Wayne... Amen.
Bill, man I hope everything turns out ok. We have a son and two daughters. Son's in the Navy and just returned to the states. Daughters are teenagers. When they hurt, we hurt.
The bite on your leg could possibly be a deer fly? They bite without you knowing it and often become infected. They're about the size of a large horse fly if you've not encountered them. I don't know about Alabama but they're pretty common in north Florida.
Old 08-05-2004, 12:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Latest on Ryan

We are not sure to be happy or not. Ryan is no longer in a coma. He laid there with eyes half open, asked to move his toes there was small movement, asked to "show his teeth" he lifted his lips. But the doctors do not seem to be satisfied with the progress, so we just don't know. He no longer is on drugs that would keep him out but he is not responding much. We just do not know.
Old 08-05-2004, 07:37 PM

Hauli.

Just read this thread for the first time.

All I can say is, God Bless and I hope it all works out for the best.

I've said a prayer for you and your family.
Old 08-05-2004, 09:59 PM

Originally posted by natstayl
Seriously now Bill, I'm gonna call your Dr. if I hear tell you're sleeping in the truck again. Reply to your PM.
Nat
Nat, just noticed this one. The bills come in regardless of personal situations. Ran 1800 miles on the weekend, had to. Physically should not have done it but got through it ok. Leg improves a little each day, sitting hurts, I can walk some now.

I can be of no help to the family if I lose it all here. Everything is ok on my end. Thanks for the concern, and all for the prayers. This is a great board, who would think, on a truck board, thanks guys, and God be with you all.
Old 08-05-2004, 10:09 PM

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
Best wishes. You are in my thoughts.
Old 08-05-2004, 11:21 PM

I will be praying for him, and all the family.

Eric
Old 08-06-2004, 06:10 AM

Originally posted by Haulin_in_Dixie
Nat, just noticed this one. The bills come in regardless of personal situations. Ran 1800 miles on the weekend, had to. Physically should not have done it but got through it ok. Leg improves a little each day, sitting hurts, I can walk some now.

I can be of no help to the family if I lose it all here. Everything is ok on my end. Thanks for the concern, and all for the prayers. This is a great board, who would think, on a truck board, thanks guys, and God be with you all.
So true, creditors rarely give us a reprieve from those bills even for one month and Ryan may have an extended stay. It's in God's (and UAB's) hands. Teresa and I are praying for Ryan daily.
Do me a favor and post an address to send contributions. Maybe some guys other than Teresa and me would like to help pay for meals or a room at a nearby motel so your daughter can sleep and bathe or eat something other than vending machine fodder.
Nat
Old 08-16-2004, 03:36 AM

Any more news, Haulin? I am sure praying for the best. I have faith for your leg recovery as well. Be careful out there....
Old 08-16-2004, 12:58 PM

I was waiting to gain more information before posting. Great news on Ryan. He is responding, seems to be ok mentally. Is not talking yet but can mouth words. Physically he is weak, the left side is very weak. Doctors are working with him. Most of the tubes are now out. The trag is out yesterday. I finally am going to be able to see him, the hospital said it is ok so long as the antibiotics are working on my leg.

Ok, at this point we know this, he is not paralized, he is out of coma, he is able to respond mentally. Ryan will have a life, even if not totally normal. I believe that he will come out of this. Thank you so much, all who have prayed for him, we reached a point where he was simply in Gods hands.
Old 08-16-2004, 01:04 PM

That is encouraging news. We will continue to pray for Ryan, his family, and you.
Old 08-16-2004, 01:32 PM

Haulin'

I know for a fact that God performs miracles, I have seen it firsthand. I am praying for your grandson and all the rest of your family.

Keep the faith my friend.

Quick Reply: Need your prayers for 15 yo grandson