Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Need some Ideas on how to stay awake for the next 24hrs

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 12:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
when I was in the Navy, my commanding officer used to say it was hard to fall asleep on watch if you had to pee.....

So keep the coffee and mountain dew rolling, but lock the bathroom door...

Bryan
Old 11-08-2007, 12:18 PM

Location: My head lays down in Murrieta, but the day light hours are spent in San Diego, Ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nicotine works great for alertness.....So if ya gott'em, smoke'em...... But then I see you chew, so I suppose you got that covered already........

Yeah, and like already stated... Cat Naps here and there. I'm the king of 10-15 minute "power naps". Works wonders for me......
Old 11-08-2007, 12:25 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ECA Cocktail

Ephedrine, caffeine, aspirin. It'll give you the jitters, you'll shed body fat, then crash out.
Probably better stick with the other advice above though, sounds more reasonable.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:27 PM
DTR College Boy and FUN SIZED!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by P.J
ECA Cocktail

Ephedrine, caffeine, aspirin. It'll give you the jitters, you'll shed body fat, then crash out.
Probably better stick with the other advice above though, sounds more reasonable.
Ha thats what i use for my cutting cycle when I workout. None of these gimmick pills.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:34 PM

The cat naps seem very ideal right now, I just know I won't get up. And the fact that we are drilling at 3.1 ft/hr right now isn't helpin me much. I did the whole mtn dew and coffee thing and that was a bad idea because we don't have any running water in the trailer, meaning no operable toilet, and the porto podies are about 100 yds away and its quite cold, with 40-50 mph wind gusts
Old 11-08-2007, 12:50 PM

How close are you to the pay and whats the lag time? Are you the mud logger or the onsite geologist? If you are the geologist have the loggers wake you up when the big wigs get there. If you are the logger drink lots of coffee! If the rig does not have an intercom system a cheap set of walkie talkies is well worth the money. Ed B
Old 11-08-2007, 01:00 PM

This is actually a really unique well, we are re entering a hole that was drilled about 20 years ago, once we got to the original TD we drilled out the cement plug and then we are going horizontal for about 3000ft to break through a supposed fault, we are getting HUGE oil shows, ones that when your cleanin your samples the oil smell is nausiating. We work in two man units as a logging crew and the energy company provides the "on-site" geologist who will probably never step foot on the site. And the drill crew out here is not exactly nice...its two worms, and three other including the driller, and the worms are pissin off the other 3, which is makin them mad...u get the idea
Old 11-08-2007, 01:16 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jbjarko
Ha thats what i use for my cutting cycle when I workout. None of these gimmick pills.
Me too, I'll start to trim in another 5-6 weeks. Probably be going from around 220 down to 207-210 if things go as planned. Sitting at6' 0" - 212.5/14.1% right now.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:48 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Take a laxative. You won't make real good time......but you won't go to sleep.

My aunt done this to a truck driver friend of her's several years back. He didn't know what the pills were, but he didn't go to sleep and made a west coast turn-around from north Texas.
Old 11-08-2007, 02:56 PM
DTR's "Cooler than ice cubes 14 miles North of North Pole" member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Mt. dew, Coffee, repeat.

Going to the porto in the cold will also wake you up

I also find that I can stay awake much longer than I think is possible IF I don't stop. After the 22-23hrs the minute I sit down I'm out. If I stay up and keep going, I can go for 36 hours easily if need be .
Old 11-08-2007, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by jbjarko
Mountain Dew. Monster. Coffee. Copenhagen.
All mixed together with coffee ice cream in a shake, minus the cope. Pick up a couple (dozen?) 5hr energy shots or caffiene pills.
Old 11-08-2007, 03:08 PM

Nasonex, get a boat load of Nasonex and use it all. The epenephrin (s/p?) acts as an artificial adrenaline, but it does give you quite the tent maker ha ha and you wouldn't be able to drain the main vain for a while.
Old 11-08-2007, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by dj_souvlaki
well i know some remedy's but i wouldn't exactly call them legal lol.

if you have an mp3 player handy put on some music that always hypes you up. always works for me. just don't go crazy with the redbull becaus that stuff is really really bad for you!
If you do use music, just don't play country. I love the music to death, but we just slow down at work when we listen to it. We listened to hard rock the next day and we got twice as much work done, but unless you're paid by the hour, country would be nice. And if you drink a lot of redbull, make sure you put on a bib because you will be drooling like a baby. I know from staying up all night, drank at least 14 red bulls and had a spittin contest.
Old 11-08-2007, 03:34 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

go see one of the worms, your in WY, they will have something that will keep you awake for the next three days... you my not pass a golden flow test, but you will be awake.

Just think how nice it would be to stretch out between two of the generators right now...
the constant hum of those Cat engines, the warmth.

you really need someone out there you can trust to wake you up. then you can go into one of the tool shacks and crash out. when the visitor show up, you were off working on something.

on a side note, I was on a well a couple years back around the forth of July. One of our canadian workers was in a tool shed sleeping off a hang over when another opened the door and tossed in a lit 1000 count pack of fire crackers. He never went to sleep onsite again...
Old 11-08-2007, 06:07 PM

Thats hilarious...but when ur canadian on the 4th and sleeping I guess you deserve it.

BUT thank god, a guy on a well about 30 miles away that works for the same company as me was nice enough to come cover for me for 3 hours while they tripped outa hole so i could catch a nap. I owe him big time, i offered him peanut m&m's because that is all I have....today was supposed to be my go to town and grocery shop day

Quick Reply: Need some Ideas on how to stay awake for the next 24hrs