Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Navy E-7, Board Eligible Persons

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 12:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK, after talking to the Chiefs here, I have an interesting feeling......

No, it's not indigestion......oh, wait....it may just be...

04CTD, and Pistol....if I do get picked up this time, I need to figure out how to get you folks into my charge book.....IF!!!!
Old 05-02-2006, 05:57 AM

04CTD I passed the PRT within standards. They changed the eval system and it really doesnt matter how ya score on it anymore. Got an EP last eval also. You probably could have talked me into hitting the gym with ya in the morning just not after work For some reason I tend to be tired then.
Just for the record I am not griping about the system at all. I was just wondering what yall seasoned salts thought of some of the things going on with the Navy. I dont get much of a chance to see a chiefs view on thigs very often. E6 is possible this time around so we shall see. Not holding the breath though.
Old 05-02-2006, 12:10 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by PistolWhipt
I had a supply officer (ex-nuke bubblehead) a while back that was a PO1-O1E convert ...... he didn't fully grasp it either.
shaking his little fist saying "I'll show you ... one day I'll become a commissioned officer and then you'll be sorry .... I'll show you !!".

As for Stingerpup, Rob Chilton and any others looking for the Anchor ... never assume that not putting on the Anchor means that you are any less of a person, Sailor or shipmate.

Sometimes it just doesn't happen and it boggles the mind.
Pistol - you got the whole thing right there!! pretty funny.
my whole office read it over my shoulder - ROTFLMBO -
the fact that a dude goes from Nuke to Boxkicker shows you what he was made of.

Originally Posted by DirtEater
Rick, didn't your mommy teach you how to play nice with other boys?
Nice Pic! yes, i thought that personal attack was unwarranted, and not normally allowed on this site.

BUT - allowing the attack was worth seeing the response, which was awesome. VERY NICE self control, you will need that during initiation.

i've seen more stuff i would not believe than i would believe in my 20 yrs, so if he says he muffed 2 chances for O-ganger, and he's still Enlisted,
i say Ok (at least till payday...)

ps: i got a GREAT trick for CPO initiation if someone makes it - it's A CLASSIC - guaranteed to get your fines eased!
Old 05-02-2006, 01:06 PM

Talking

Originally Posted by 04ctd
i've seen more stuff i would not believe than i would believe in my 20 yrs, so if he says he muffed 2 chances for O-ganger, and he's still Enlisted, i say Ok (at least till payday...)
Ok, just for my edification, what, by definition, is 'muffed'??

I told my Deputy Commander (O-5) about this conversation, and she laughed, and agreed with the "I'll get you..." theory.
Old 05-02-2006, 07:35 PM

O.K. my Last entry on this thread.

Maybe I shouldn't have called anybody a liar, but three facts still remain,

1. Officers DO NOT work for enlisted. Haven't seen it yet in 18.5+ years, and don't see it happening anytime soon. There is the part of the enlistment oath (I have taken several times and administered it several times) something about "obey all orders of the Officer's appointed over me"....
2. I have never seen anybody turn down a commission, I have always heard stories, but when the rubber meets the road, nobody has ever been able to provide proof of the offer and refusal.
3. We should all be proud of what we do, we don't do it for the money, but most of us feel we have a higher calling for it. I am an Electrical Engineer and could make way more money on the outside, but I do it because I love my job (most days).

Also, I still keep in contact with my previous bosses (some retired as First Classes, some as chiefs and a couple are still serving). I still respect most of them (and for what it's worth the only two people I didn't get along with while on active duty were an idiot Hull Snipe and butt-kissing Deck Ape, both of whom retired as E-7 (they were not Chief's, the just wore the rank). I still visit a favorite boss of mine every time I go home, an MMC who encouraged me every step of the way towards my commission.

That being said, No I don't play nice with other children . Let's just say that we agree to disagree and leave it at that. However, I am still waiting to be provided the Crow I was promied.....Ha, Ha
Old 05-02-2006, 09:58 PM

Crow is served.......munch

Pulled from ESR

So, how do you want it....fried, baked.....a little salt.....garlic???

And as I said before, I didn't turn down the commission. I was in a program LEADING TO A COMMISSION and withdrew from it. Having said that, I believe I have shown that the rubber has met the road.
Old 05-02-2006, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by Stingerpup
Hmmm....

I had TWO opportunities to become an officer, USNA appoinment (decided to drop out of HS) and BOOST while it was still in San Diego.

Problem #1. Link no workey
Problem #2. This sounds to me like you said you were offered a commission

I believe the crow belongs on your plate. Bon apetite.....
Old 05-02-2006, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by Rick_Orcutt
Problem #1. Link no workey
I guess I'll do it the hard way...

http://youareowned.myphotoalbum.com/...bum01&id=boost

But, on further reflection, I have come to the conclusion that I am just playing into your trolling hands. That is done.

Have a good one.
Old 05-02-2006, 11:12 PM

You are absolutely right .... officers DO NOT work for the enlisted. I never said that and neither did anyone else on this thread.
However, the part of the Chief's job that requires us to mentor and train junior officers in the fine arts of leading people (and basically keeping the JO's backside out of hot water with the ol' man) sometimes leads to a real Chief needing to bring that junior officer down a notch or two to make them understand. This is generally done with great tact and grace so's not injur the JO's pride or make them look bad to their peers ... however grace was not employed in the case I spoke of with the brooms. Some people just don't get it ... and when you add a trident into the mix, their heads seem to be a little thicker ... which calls for more blatant forms of getting your point across. But ... I guarantee that those young O's understand the point I was trying to get across now and years from now will rectify that situation when they see a young JO pulling the same crap under their command.

Nuff said for right now ... have a great day. I'm late for officers call .

PISTOL
Old 05-03-2006, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by PistolWhipt
Nuff said for right now ... have a great day.
Hey Chief, why not put this thread to bed right now? I think it has run its course.

I salute all you guys and gals on active duty. I miss being out on the tip of the spear - Haze gray & underway.... Our chosen way of life never was simple or easy; but in these troubled times, you folks are doing so much, with so little. Keep up the good work.
Old 05-03-2006, 10:24 AM

Unhappy Sorry Folks!!

Originally Posted by bulabula
Hey Chief, why not put this thread to bed right now?
I agree with you 110%. I feel bad that I took a perfectly honorable thread and allowed it to be pulled through the mud.

Normally, I see trolls and malcontents from miles away, but this time I fell for it, and allowed it to get my goat.

My sincere apologies to all that have read through this thread and have been exposed to the mud slinging that has occured, since I know better. Not to mention I have had the theory "you don't believe me, no skin off my back" for years, but for some reason I had felt the need to justify myself this time.

Originally Posted by bulabula
Feelings of inferiority and superiority are the same - they both come from fear
I love this quote. Where did you get it?
Old 05-03-2006, 12:58 PM

Works for me .

Got some ribs burning on the grill anyway .... need to stand a little closer to them, and the bottle of wine next to them .

Have a great Navy Day !! You too Rick !!

PISTOL
Old 05-04-2006, 02:40 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not trying to hi-jack the thread, but..............

I just wanted to share that my BIL made E7, 1st Sgt., U.S. Army this week. He deserved it, after 6 yrs USMC, and many yrs of Reverves and active duty (and a year in Iraq training Iraqi NG and nearly daily missions into the Hot Zone).
Old 05-04-2006, 03:54 PM

Pass on my congrats and my gratitude for his service.

PISTOL
Old 05-04-2006, 05:13 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I plan on pouring a lot of Shiner down him this weekend.

Quick Reply: Navy E-7, Board Eligible Persons